Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gabby has been an outdoorsy person since at least 2016 based on her instagram. I think this was a common interest that they likely bonded over initially tbh. I think the WAY they want to do / experience it and the reasons may be very different though. Which later caused conflict.
Thanks for the info I’m just now really catching up it’s soooooo much to take in

I think the authorities drastically misjudged Laundrie, his family, and the attorney. I believe that the pressure was intended to draw out information. when it seems that it made information gathering all the more difficult. Did the Laundrie camp bring this on ... yeah, sure. But clearly, the authorities didn't get it right... at least, that part.
I agree and I also think this huge search for somebody they are just going to return to his parents is a look at me we are in charge. This is costing Florida a whole lotta $$$.
We have no idea what BL knows or if he even knows anything.

Thank you for posting the live feed. Here’s a still that names the specific area:
View attachment 313103

The reporter said police told her if they were to find BL, that they’d return him home to his parents.

IMO, I don’t think that will be the case if he’s found alive. I believe he’d be involuntarily sent for a medical/psychiatric evaluation. It’s my guess that he’s having a mental health crisis.
That's what I'm thinking, too. If he's admitted, I wonder if they will still be able to question him in the hospital.

Can anyone let me know how to use Websleuths for this:

• how to quote a post from a previous closed thread (only shows the like button, unable to find a way to link it or quote it to new thread)?
  • how to know what the post # is? (people keep referencing stuff like “post #609 from thread 5” and I can’t find that info about the post numbers
Thank you

He had a cell phone in the body cam video.

He def had a cell phone. G told the LEO to remind him not to forget his charger and the LEO told her not to text him that night but wait till the morning to text her. He told B the exact same on the way to the hotel. Also, if B didn’t have a phone, she wouldn’t have been able to make contact with him in the morning so he def had a phone. I also feel that the LEO’s handled the situation very well when they pulled him over and I wonder what they are thinking now.

This is a good point and your last post too. I think I was thinking more of people who did this with long-term planning in mind. You're right that many people do take short-term trips picking up jobs where they travel. I watched a whole documentary on people doing this in the Emerald Triangle in Northern California.

I could never do it. I plan out my breakfasts for the week. The idea of doing something spontaneous is terrifying lol

I also know someone that is doing this surviving only on doordash and Uber eats income. They go to a town, deliver for a night and on to the next.
I’d have been into it when I was younger! Now I need a comfy mattress and a real shower at least. Lol

Hello, thank you for keeping this timeline! I have some questions about that entry tho. 1.) how do we know exactly when he returned? 2.) what time did he return? Morning, night? etc? 3.) How do we know he was alone? 4.) Didn't the investigation start weeks later? *Edit* 5.) Do we actually know when the attorney was retained? 6.) Also, do we know if the attorney was retained for some other reason besides missing person? eg.. Attorney retained because accusation of stolen car, or stolen items?

Thanks!
North Port Police on Twitter
E_VifWoVEAQyA-U

Boyfriend returned home 10 days before Gabby Petito was reported missing, police say
In a news release Wednesday, the North Port Police Department said Brian Laundrie returned home to Florida September 1, ten days before Petito was reported missing by her family.

Gabby Petito, boyfriend would fight and break up a lot, Brian Laundrie’s sister says
Interestingly, Cassie Laundrie said she has not spoken to her brother since he returned home on Sept. 1.

The police can mislead in their public statements and do it when necessary. If they keep repeating that they will just take BL home, it isn’t because they are trying to convince you of that. It’s probably because they want BL to be convinced of it. That could be why they kept saying that they had no crime for a criminal investigation m. It’s very likely they do but don’t want BL doing anything drastic until they are ready to pursue the criminal angle.JMO
THIS. Police public communication is MEANT to be read between the lines.

He did have a cell phone he takes it out of his pocket at the end of the video. I believe he said that statement about not having his phone meaning it was in the car and he couldn’t access it during the argument he was referencing.

Yep. He definitely had a cell phone. There were multiple times on the video LE talked to him specifically about texting, & (not) texting him was one of the last things LE talked to Gabby about.

I'm really confused. Why are all of these people searching for Brian when all they are going to do if they find him is return him to his parents. Doesn't make sense to me. :rolleyes:
I think quite a few people are thinking that is NOT going to be an option. Some are thinking he was/is planning on harming himself.

Yes! This! There are so many ways to “technically change” your life story through SM. In fact, there are apps where you are able to schedule a time to send a text message. I have frequently considered this an option for the last text sent 8/30 to mom. Schedule text, leave phone somewhere random so no pings are able to be collected from BL’s trip back east.

I wondered this too, perhaps left plugged into a portable charger to ensure it kept battery for long enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member