Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just throwing this one out there, what if he did leave the parent's house last night (as some neighbors believe they saw), but the parent's didn't know he had come and gone? Like, hiding out in a garage, shed, backyard, etc... With all the noise going on around their property from press and neighbors yelling, it would be easy to dismiss the sounds of someone moving around the property.
MOO
Alternatively… what if he attempted to go home last night but the media circus had him turning around.

Can anyone let me know how to use Websleuths for this:

• how to quote a post from a previous closed thread (only shows the like button, unable to find a way to link it or quote it to new thread)?
  • how to know what the post # is? (people keep referencing stuff like “post #609 from thread 5” and I can’t find that info about the post numbers
Thank you
use the "+quote" next to the like button for adding to multi quote
and the post number should be right next to the like button.

A lot of people are questioning funding, but my 19 yo college student has more than $20k in her savings and she only works part-time. My older child (recent college grad) is saving money at lightning speed by working her butt off and living here rent-free.

So, I guess I just don't find it hard to believe that 2 adults living with parents could have more than enough to fund 4 month long van trip on no income.

Did anyone else see on the Josh Taylor press conference.

He states we take his family’s word, that he travelled in the vehicle to the area they’re currently searching for BL, so someone said well did you find the vehicle in the area your searching he said NO, it was found at the family home of BL, so how does a vehicle end up in the area he’s supposed to be then magically appear back at home.

The next breath someone says is it possible someone is aiding and abetting with BL and Josh Taylor says “yeah” we have to go by what they’re telling us at this point certainly… He states it apparently left Tuesday the vehicle, but doesn’t know what day it returned, how strange if it’s the silver mustang the FBI’s were searching inside yesterday.

The press and reporters plus the protests outside the house for how many days now? How does this even deem possible to get that vehicle back to the house without someone being seen?? Wow! IMO

This offer of $200 really throws me off. Where did this unemployed kid driving his girlfriends van and using her credit card for gas as previously stated get $200.
No idea where they got their money, could have been Venmo from his parents.

I am taking the Tik Tok video seriously- they picked him up, he had been hiking for many days at least, wanted to go to Jackson but knew it wasn't Jackson Hole.

He doesn't seem too bright in that police video, I think when they found him he had little idea where he was exactly.

My take is he was much farther away from the van and didn't realize he was so close to Jackson Hole.

We know he eventually did get back to the van so there must be others who gave him a ride (assuming it was Jackson ID).

Check Lake Walcott State Park...

Last edited:
Authorities search vast nature reserve for Brian Laundrie, Gabby Petito family claims he is hiding

Taylor said investigators were still working to piece together Brian's trip from western states to their home in Florida.

A spokesperson for the department appeared on CNN later Friday night and said the department does have more details but they cannot be released just yet.

"I think that will come out here, very shortly, we just want to get our, our ducks in a row a little bit," the spokesperson said. "This has been a very quickly developing situation here in just the last hour really for the most part. So we're working through that. We want to make sure that we are accurate in everything that we're saying."

I also wonder where they got the money to just travel in a van for 2 months without jobs having previously worked in a grocery store. I know it's really popular now but the people I know who fall into the full-time traveling (either RV, Van, hotels) are either retired people who sold their house to buy a super fancy RV for retirement or younger people with internet-based jobs like marketing or sales who can work on the road from their computers. So I was surprised to hear they just quit their jobs with no way to sustain themselves on the road. That itself can lead to a lot of conflict because you don't know how you're going to pay for gas every other day.
There are a lot of "van lifers" who pick up jobs on their travels. Some folks, even non-techies, manage to do this for a year or even more. I did a long road trip a few years back and met a lot of these folks who were quite happy. These two were only doing it until Oct so pretty much just an extended vacation.

The van looks to me like a Transit Connect (way smaller than a full-sized van). That, coupled with relationship issues and toxic patterns, doesn't bode well. Like others here, I truly hope she is found safe. It's so cruel of his family (and him) not to be forthcoming with LE/FBI about what they know.

I snipped this from the timeline.

Something I hadn't noticed before is on 8/21 when Gabby's dad orders food for her, she states, "they had lost power." Do we know for 100% that is what she told her dad because it doesn't make sense she would say they if BL wasn't there and had returned to Florida already? Maybe this has already been discussed, I have keep up with the threads pretty well, but the information, even from a few days ago, seems like 100 years because things are unfolding so fast! :eek:

AUG 17
: BL returns to Florida via airplane to move their things out of storage returns Aug 23 -Some reports say he moved stuff into storage and some say out of storage

AUG 19: YouTube travel video posted
AUG 21: Gabbys dad orders Uber eats
AUG 21: Gabby told her Dad on FaceTime that they had lost power during a stop in Salt Lake City.
AUG 23: BL returns from Florida trip via airplane (Where was the van parked?)

I'm really confused. Why are all of these people searching for Brian when all they are going to do if they find him is return him to his parents. Doesn't make sense to me. :rolleyes:

That’s why this case is so confusing and I’m having a hard time jumping to a single conclusion. I think there is SO much we don’t know and my mind just keeps spinning.

The Carlton Reserve is about 15 minutes north of BL’s house. It’s suspected that he walked there yesterday evening after sneaking out of his parents home.
*ETA: it’s about a 5 hr and 30 minute walk from BL house to Carlton Reserve.
do they actually think he walked for 5 hours and none noticed him? I dont, I dont even believe he is at that reserve, heck im starting to think he isnt in florida at all....

The spokesman said he got to the park in a vehicle. How did that happen with all of those people in front of their house?
It makes sense because a reporter said yesterday during one of the live broadcasts that the silver vehicle was gone at some point (though I forget which day) and later returned that same day (again I’m unsure of what day in the week this was).

So maybe it was Tuesday. Parent drops him off then never heard back from him.

Did anyone else see on the Josh Taylor press conference.

He states we take his family’s word, that he travelled in the vehicle to the area they’re currently searching for BL, so someone said well did you find the vehicle in the area your searching he said NO, it was found at the family home of BL, so how does a vehicle end up in the area he’s supposed to be then magically appear back at home. The next breath someone says is it possible someone is aiding and abetting with BL and Josh Taylor says “yeah” we have to go by what they’re telling us at this point certainly… He states it apparently left Tuesday the vehicle, but doesn’t know what day it returned, how strange if it’s the silver mustang the FBI’s were searching the press and reporters plus the protests outside the house, how does this even deem possible to get that vehicle back to the house?? Wow! IMO
Were there any previous shots of his house prior to last night with the car visible/missing, do we know?

I've in no way been able to read all these threads, but I havent seen any comments on part of the full interview with BL sister regarding him coming home with the van.

She says "I assumed he flew back, because that's what he did when he is - actually I don't want to say that."

and then "I think that's more police stuff."

Any thoughts on what that means? Did he fly home from their trip often?

Link here: ABC Exclusive: Full interview with Brian Laundrie's sister on Gabby Petito

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper