Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know this is the Gabby search? I don't see a way to get the van to that area from the east side if he killed her where they were camped and hid her body. Unless they hiked up to that ski area and then he killed her. Oh, I hate even typing these thoughts :(

no, we don’t know this search is for gabby. It appears to be the only air search in the area though.

They waited until they thought he was out of sight no way do they not know where he is! I asked my husband if his lawyer could hide him out and he said no it’s illegal, but is there any proof he came back to Florida????[/QUOTEAgree, they either waited til he is secure wherever he is hiding or he has quit communicating with them and they want LE to find him, concerned he has harmed himself.

Agree, they waited til he was secure wherever he is hiding or he has quit communicating with them and they are concerned he has harmed himself and want LE to find him.

Is the helicopter everyone is seeing here?

Snow Report
On September 17 and 18 all of the southern trails will be closed at Grand Targhee due to construction in the area. As construction on the new Peaked Lift continues, a helicopter will be flying materials over the trails, so please respect all of these closures. Mill Creek will be open, but you will not be able to enter Grand Targhee's permitted area. Closed Trails: Rocky Mountain Way, 38 Special, Colter's Escape, Buffalo Soldier, Andy's, Action Jackson, Peaked, Ain't Life Grand, Yada Yada Yada, and Planet Claire.

do they actually think he walked for 5 hours and none noticed him? I dont, I dont even believe he is at that reserve, heck im starting to think he isnt in florida at all....
It is not a 5 hour walk. Probably under 2 hours from his parents home to the Myakkahatchee entrance since it is only 5 miles. If people are mapping in Carlton Reserve, they're landing on the Myakka State Park entrance out off SR72. The part of the Carlton Reserve they're searching is across from the footbridge that separates the reserve with the park.

upload_2021-9-18_13-10-6.png

bbm
First bolded : There was a lot of discussion about ownership and I'm thinking if it was a case of theft that he could've been arrested and held as soon as LE knew he was at his parent's house.
But it sounds a bit murky.
Was it the van in her name only ?

Second bolded : Probably not an arresting-type of offence unless one factors theft, again.
But it would help with the timeline and where the family can start searching.
Also wondering about other purchases on her/his cards.
Food and/or lodging or one person only ?
Maybe not lodging as he'd sleep in the van ?

Trying to catch up and will go back and read the pages I've missed.

Imo.

Think it's been mentioned the van was in her name, and a stolen vehicle report would have to be filed by her

I snipped this from the timeline.

Something I hadn't noticed before is on 8/21 when Gabby's dad orders food for her, she states, "they had lost power." Do we know for 100% that is what she told her dad because it doesn't make sense she would say they if BL wasn't there and had returned to Florida already? Maybe this has already been discussed, I have keep up with the threads pretty well, but the information, even from a few days ago, seems like 100 years because things are unfolding so fast! :eek:

AUG 17
: BL returns to Florida via airplane to move their things out of storage returns Aug 23 -Some reports say he moved stuff into storage and some say out of storage

AUG 19: YouTube travel video posted
AUG 21: Gabbys dad orders Uber eats
AUG 21: Gabby told her Dad on FaceTime that they had lost power during a stop in Salt Lake City.
AUG 23: BL returns from Florida trip via airplane (Where was the van parked?)

Makes perfect sense to say "they" to me. "They" means the town/city/area, or maybe the hotel.

The spokesman said he got to the park in a vehicle. How did that happen with all of those people in front of their house?

You have to remember that this is all based on the word of his parents who are looking like they aren’t above deceiving the police at every turn. I’d bet on him not being in that park.

I agree and I also think this huge search for somebody they are just going to return to his parents is a look at me we are in charge. This is costing Florida a whole lotta $$$.
We have no idea what BL knows or if he even knows anything.
Yep. FWIW, in a Fox13/Tampa interview ( ), NPPD's Mr Taylor indicated that Laundrie *may* have meaningful information. That seems to be like somewhat of step back from prior comments.

SEP 18, 2021
‘We’re hopeful’: North Port police, FBI search for Gabby Petito’s fiancé at Carlton Reserve | WFLA
[...]

The initial search focused on the 200 acres at the Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park, where Taylor said Laundrie is believed to have entered the reserve. The search is now spreading into the Carlton Reserve, which encompasses 25,000 acres.

[...]

Taylor said five different local agencies have joined the search for Laundrie. So far, vehicles, K9s, air units, and drones have been deployed in what is being called a grid search.

“We’re hopeful that he’s out here,” Taylor said. “Certainly, we prepare for all different possibilities, but you know, our goal is to locate him and bring him back to North Port.

If LE is still out at the Carlton Reserve looking for BL, it will be a muddy mess now. We just got a huge deluge of rain and expect more.

Carlton is huge, but it's doubtful anyone could hide for any length of time. It's always packed with hikers, bikers, and campers. There are also trail cams for poachers.

Not the best place hide, if you're a local and know these things.

Does the park close at night? We have nature reserves and forests that are open dawn to dusk only.

Who would ever want to be involved in all of this mess? Had to be an uber or somebody not knowing the situation. Then again wouldn't they see the marchers in front of parents home.
Something else that makes no sense.
I just think there's too many unverified rumours that people are stating as facts.

How many media were out front Tues?

Who would ever want to be involved in all of this mess? Had to be an uber or somebody not knowing the situation. Then again wouldn't they see the marchers in front of parents home.
Something else that makes no sense.
The back of his house has access to another road and none of the protestors were in the back - easy enough to have someone pick him up behind the house - it will be interesting to find out how and when he left his house …
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members