Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They confirmed that RD was really Gabby's friend or that the tiktok person picked up Brian? If the latter, did they say how they were able to verify it was Brian?

Thread is moving so fast I can't find the link. TIA
They were saying tiktoker verified but i think they just verified she was Claiming that...cause like...how?

Maybe he did tell his parents he was going for a day hike over there. He drove the mustang over. He had his pack when he left the house. Then when he didn't return, they went looking. They found the car and brought it home. I don't know if it was legally parked? Maybe that was a concern? But, at that point they knew he didn't plan on returning home. They were in contact with the attorney and continued along with his advice. I don't know how or when this could have happened because so many people were watching that house. No one has reported seeing BL. There are no photos of him (that we are aware of). And I can't recall anyone reporting the car moving. Then LE retrieves something or examines something in the car without gloves the same day the parents volunteer clothing for K9 search? Also, did the parents attempt any search before agreeing to sit down with LE? So many peculiar oddities with how this family operates, IMO.

I do wonder why LE couldn't get a search warrant for the house where Gabby last lived, even if it was limited to her room. It seems like something a judge would approve even if they say she moved all of her stuff out. Maybe there'd be a clue as to somewhere she'd go if she "ran away" (I know that didn't happen but if you have a missing person it seems like you would need to explore that option at least).
Does a search warrant need to be specified within certain parameters though? Say they found a piece of evidence outside of the reason for the warrant. They might need to write up yet another warrant to take the item? Unless the warrant is very general? If all her stuff was gone from Laundrie's, what would be left on the premises to locate?

Just read the Laundries have a relative in NYPD, thin blue line coming into play regarding the leniency the family has been provided?
They haven't been shown any leniency. There's nothing law enforcement's can do when there is no proof of a crime, and people exercise their constitutional rights.

You can't make them talk, and you can't make them cooperate.

When and if Brian is charged with a crime, they may very well face legal repercussions. We're not there yet.

Actually LE seized her Van which he drove across the country home without her - every time I see a post making his driving her van okay I will reply that it is HER Van- he had no business driving it without the owner present
JMO
I don't think he had any business driving it either. But the discussion has been about having him arrested for stealing it. From a legal perspective, that would be pretty difficult to justify.

I’m thinking their presence there has done the exact opposite. Too many comings and goings amongst the crowd made it easier for someone to slip right out.

Good point. Mingling with the crowd and in plain sight.. Also, he's not very tall (5ft 8 I believe), so would hardly stand out in the melee.

I agree and I do think this is one of the problems with having a family friend in another state serve as your criminal defense lawyer rather than someone local, on the ground, with experience/a relationship with the local PD and prosecutors. I always get my clients a local lawyer if state/local LE are involved outside of the area where I practice. It just doesn't make sense to try to drive the bus from NY with people you have never worked with/opposed before.

All he had to do was sit in the living room and play solitaire. We may not like it but that's his right until LE has enough to arrest him. Running, moving cars, involving his parents - all really problematic. Particularly when it's possible any eventual charges would only be manslaughter or an accident. JMO
Absolutely. His lawyers are incompetent.

Just read the Laundries have a relative in NYPD, thin blue line coming into play regarding the leniency the family has been provided?
I doubt it. I’ve had relatives who’ve been LE in two different states. Offering a professional courtesy is one thing, but I seriously doubt the LE investigating Gabby’s disappearance are going easier on BL’s family because LE from an outside jurisdiction asked nicely. JMO.

This offer of $200 really throws me off. Where did this unemployed kid driving his girlfriends van and using her credit card for gas as previously stated get $200.

Are you serious?! He obviously has money/cash if he’s on a months-long trip! I don’t see why him having money is shocking in any way. We have no clue about his savings or spending habits. MOO

I may have missed this statement as it’s hard to keep up. But this reporter says that Brian’s family called police this morning and says he was last seen at the reserve by them and they came here on Tuesday and saw his mustang and drove it home?
—— my questions… were the keys in it? How’d they know to bring them if not?

Why did they not say that last night? They had to have, right? Since it was reported the took articles of clothing to search with?
If he drove the mustang and left it there, how did they last see him there?

IMO, these parents are in way over their heads.

Are there any forfeiture of asset laws whereby cost of resources can be recovered from anyone charged with obstruction of justice or causing a frivolous investigation?

UPDATE: The #FBI and our partners at the National Park Service, Teton County Sheriff's Office & Jackson Police Department are currently conducting ground surveys in areas of Grand Teton National Park that are relevant to the investigation into Gabrielle Petito's disappearance.

https://twitter.com/fbidenver/status/1439301961816367104?s=21

Does anyone know which day it was that the crowds and media started congregating at the Laundrie's house?

I'm thinking their presence there would have really hindered any plans by BL to slip away unnoticed, and it would've made comings and goings by the family (especially if they drove BL's car back home from the reserve) difficult to do covertly.

Monday the 13th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member