Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't think BL is anywhere near that area. I think his family is buying him time to get away. If he were truly "missing" and they were worried about him, they'd have reported him the next day. They know exactly where he is.

This is exactly what I'm thinking too. He has been home since Sept 1st. Tuesday was Sept 14th. That is two whole weeks for them to calm down, make a plan, and follow through. They also dropped him off, left him there alone without any means of getting back home, and waited until Friday night to report him "missing." It's a bizarre thing to do, but this is a bizarre, not normal case so far. He's most likely long gone out of Florida.

The Yosemite connection is easy to explain.GP has a friend in California who she planned on meeting up with at Yosemite. GP was supposed to call her on the 29th to give her an estimated date that they would be there.
Wasn't it Yellowstone where they were supposed to meet, and the idea is that BL most likely said Yosemite in the "no service" text but meant Yellowstone?

Here is another add to the timeline:

KSL’s Garna Mejia actually ran into a local man who said he and a friend saw Petito’s van as they were spotting for elk on Aug. 29.

“He thought he had seen the white sprinter van described — blacked out rims, wheels,” said Tyler Valentine. “We all live in this small town, so when this stuff happens, we all take a little bit of initiative and try to look out for things.”

What’s interesting about Spread Creek is that Petito had marked the place as a possible camping area through the Dyrt website, something Valentine and his friend were unaware of when we spoke with them.

Search intensifies for Gabby Petito; police respond to Laundrie home in Florida

Great find - consistent with some other things we know. I just can't figure out how BL got from there to FL in 2 days - although...if it's true that he sometimes had trouble sleeping/went without sleep, he could have driven straight through. If Gabby had disappeared (by any means), his mental state would not be normal.

<modsnip - quoted post removed>
Yes, recently saw that there's an old story where a person with the same name as this TikTok-er (and appearance, IMO) "went viral" after some sort of event in a bar when she reported she was called "fat" or "disgusting." Anyway, I don't know all the details, but I'd suggest anyone questioning the veracity of the TikTok-er Google her name to find out about this prior "going viral" incident and make their own judgement calls. IMO MOO!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the most bizarre thing to me too. I can’t get over this part. It just doesn’t make sense. Not that much in this all does, but you know. MOO

The only thing I can think of is they didn't want it impounded? I know at the parks around here, you have to pay for daily parking or your car can get towed.

I pretty much feel the same way. I jumped off of the fence last night after reading the Daily Mail article about her friend describing controlling type behaviors (sorry I can't find the link as this story is moving faster than a roller coaster and has just as many twists and turns). I have climbed back up on the fence as my gut is really telling me there is SO MUCH MORE to this story than meets the eye. My heart continues to break for her family. The not knowing where your child is must be gut wrenching.
Here’s the link to Rose interview she’s Gabbys good friend from Florida

Gabby Petito's best friend claims Brian Laundrie was jealous and controlling | Daily Mail Online

You didn't watch the video. The last half of the video was all about the two of them only having to separate for the night and then BL could go waive the order for her to stay away from him and then go pick her up from jail and then go on with their hike. and of course come back for the court date.
She wasn't taken to jail, because she wasn't arrested. She spent the night in the van, unless I've misunderstood this whole situation.

Last edited:
When was this Mustang last seen at the Laundrie's house? Was it on Monday/Tuesday? Do we know he ACTUALLY went "missing" on Tuesday? Because at this point, I cannot believe a single word uttered from these people.

I feel exactly the same way. The mother obviously knew something was wrong from the getgo because she would not respond to GP's mother's frantic texts. That's cold.

IMOO, the only reason they ever agreed to talk to LE was because the protesters got too close to their house and they were afraid.

This is a pretty standard line. I don't believe it to be true.
I have to say, early on I was getting that bizzaro vibe we all got from Kam McLeod and Bryer Schmegelsky’s “van life” adventure a few summers ago. (Sadly, their names stick in my head while the names of their victims currently escape me.)

It turned out nothing was as it seemed in that case, especially early on. BL’s infatuation with Palahniuk and the IG pics of GP reading “Fight Club” and “Zodiac” just reinforced the feeling that we haven’t been getting the whole story.

LE’s formal disassociation of this couple from the Moab murders helped me abandon that track of thinking. But this new “on the run” chapter has got me comparing the two cases again. I wonder if these two were aware of that story at all?

I don’t know what to make of any of it at this point. At least KM and BS’s families were somewhat helpful compared to BL’s family’s stonewalling and silence if not outright complicity. I sure hope electronic data is pouring in fast and furious for these two. IMO SW’s can be issued quickly for missing and at-risk persons nowadays.

MOO as always…

The Yosemite connection is easy to explain.GP has a friend in California who she planned on meeting up with at Yosemite. GP was supposed to call her on the 29th to give her an estimated date that they would be there.

That friend has corrected this to "Yellowstone." I just heard her say it with her own lips over on Youtube, but she was incorrectedly quoted by DailyMail IIRC.

Gabby's extensive list making shows no intention of going to Yosemite - and the friend now says it's Yellowstone.

I found the MSM link:

Gabby Petito's pal says she missed meet up but sent 'strange' final text to mom

Gabby's last text (the one her mom believes is fake, for obvious reasons) is the only place "Yosemite" is mentioned. The friend gave an interview to The Sun and plainly says "Yellowstone."

I feel exactly the same way. The mother obviously knew something was wrong from the getgo because she would not respond to GP's mother's frantic texts. That's cold.

IMOO, the only reason they ever agreed to talk to LE was because the protesters got too close to their house and they were afraid.
unless Brian had hidden her phone and she never received those texts.

So…guilty before proven innocent?

It's common sense and against journalistic integrity to "couple up" a missing woman with the man who is a POI in her disappearance.

It makes it sound like some poor couple went missing together.

It's careless and unethical.

IMO nothing I said indicates "guilty before proven innocent."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members