Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO I feel like they do have an arrest warrant for BL that hasn’t been communicated to the public yet. Why would they have so many local officers using their resources I find him in FL if there wasn’t an arrest warrant?
I can't speculate as to what LE has or doesn't, but there's a logicality to LE withholding that information.

A few random thoughts:

If the BL parents did not talk to police until yesterday, the 9/1 arrival date could not be from them, correct?

Regarding the parents' story of him talking the car to the nature park and them picking it up afterwards: Maybe they did this with the van also? BL was hitchhiking when he without both Gabby and the van.

Is it possibly the family lawyer never actually spoke to BL?
I’m beginning to think all the dates we have and know of have been established by Gabby’s family.

Also, one of my current worries:

IF BL is alive and IF he is hiding out in the swamp and IF he is, in fact, guilty of some crime and IF he does have a firearm... What is bloodhounds barking going to make him do? :( We need him to talk...

From what I could gather, HE drove the Mustang to the park, and when he did not return from his “hike,” his parents went to the park, found the car & drove it home. As others have commented, why did they bring the car back if they knew they’d be stranding him alone in the park? Also, why wait several days then, before reporting him missing. Totally odd behavior IMO. MOO

Here's one possibility that gives them some benefit of the doubt:

1. That he left the house telling them he needed time to himself, but didn't come back when they expected him to/was gone long enough without being in touch that they began to be worried.

2. That they went to the park knowing that's where he would likely go, or because he told them he'd be going there.

3. They decided to drive the car back because they were concerned what LE would do/think if they found his car abandoned there. Including that it might make him look guilty. They knew he could walk back if need be, but weren't sure themselves if he was even still there, or assumed he likely wasn't.

4. They waited as long as they possibly could to get LE's help, hoping to hear from him, but didn't. Figured at that point they had to take the risk and ask for LE help, but still wouldn't talk about what they knew of Gabby's fate, in case Brian was found alive.

This must mean the TikTok witness and Idaho store merchant did not pan out? Because if they had been verified it seems to me that he was up by Yellowstone with the 28th and 29th being the only dates empty (and there is an unverified report that he was seen alone at a bar in West Yellowstone on the 29th.

The TikTok witness was for the 29th. You are right: he/they must have headed south again to be down by Spread Creek - if true.

The shopkeeper's report was for both of them, and they thought it was on the 25th or 26th.

I wasn't impressed by the Bullwinkle's Saloon sighting. The speaker may have been truthful, but he said that "Brian" had a heavy, New York accent - and I just haven't heard that. Admittedly, the sound quality hasn't been very good. I'd love to hear what other people think, after listening to him.

I can't with BL's parents. I just can't. How do they think they are helping with anything by not talking?

They think - IMO - that they are serving him well, and doing him some kind of favors to/by saving his hide from any consequences.

Or "thought", may be more appropriate; because it certainly looks as if they started taking things seriously when THEIR kid turned up missing...

...as was predicted would happen ahead of time, if he was the one endangered, by both sets of Gabby's parents in the media.

Here's one possibility that gives them some benefit of the doubt:

1. That he left the house telling them he needed time to himself, but didn't come back when they expected him to/was gone long enough without being in touch that they began to be worried.

2. That they went to the park knowing that's where he would likely go, or because he told them he'd be going there.

3. They decided to drive the car back because they were concerned what LE would do/think if they found his car abandoned there. Including that it might make him look guilty. They knew he could walk back if need be, but weren't sure themselves if he was even still there, or assumed he likely wasn't.

4. They waited as long as they possibly could to get LE's help, hoping to hear from him, but didn't. Figured at that point they had to take the risk and ask for LE help, but still wouldn't talk about what they knew of Gabby's fate, in case Brian was found alive.

I’ll be shocked if he is in that park. If he abandoned his car there I’d bet money he caught a ride out of town with someone.

Looks like they’ve narrowed the searches down, with this update on their Twitter page.

States “ if you were in the area of Spread Creeks Dispersed Camping Area as identified in the attached map, during the time frame of August 27-30, 2021 and saw Gabby and/or her boyfriend or their vehicle. Please provide that information to the FBI”.

“While we cannot comment further as to the specifics of this investigation, we will provide updates and request additional assistance from the public when appropriate to do so. Thank you. @NatlParkService @forestservice @BridgerTetonNF @GrandTetonNPS #FindGabby”

https://twitter.com/fbidenver/status/1439393010727391235?s=21

Hope BL's parents are having a good day.
Fla. Stat. 837.055 False information to law enforcement during investigation.—
(1) Whoever knowingly and willfully gives false information to a law enforcement officer who is conducting a missing person investigation or a felony criminal investigation with the intent to mislead the officer or impede the investigation commits a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.
(2) Whoever knowingly and willfully gives false information to a law enforcement officer who is conducting a missing person investigation involving a child 16 years of age or younger with the intent to mislead the officer or impede the investigation, and the child who is the subject of the investigation suffers great bodily harm, permanent disability, permanent disfigurement, or death, commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.
True.
That's why I believe BL used the reserve as his get-away point. I don't believe he's even there. It would be rather hard for BL's parents to deny seeing Uncle Rogers car pull in the driveway if he planned on hiding him out, or knowing who BL took off with. It would also be hard for Uncle Roger to get away with all that media parked out front.. So, hypothetically the parents say to BL. "Look, if you are planning to go for a hike, I'm not sure what you are thinking, but if you are planning on going someplace else so we can get the mob off our back and get some rest, we don't want to know anything."
Now it's not so hard to tell LE they don't know where is is, because they don't, therefore they are not giving any false information.

At this point, I am expecting any and everything, so I wouldn't be surprised if he was mauled by a panther. Just horibbly upset and depressed for Gabby's family.

Of course, and it's a horrible thought. Mountain lions, coyotes, not to mention the elements and no food or water for 3 weeks. If he did not kill her but merely abandoned her, logic dictates he had to have incapacitated her in some way where she was unable to care for her own well being because otherwise, she would have walked away just as he did.

If this is the case, then anyway you cut it, he killed her. And, at that point it's only matter of which degree from criminally negligent homicide to first degree premeditated.

Question: If someone was deceased, how long would infrared from a helicopter be able to detect them?

i do not have direct experience with this technology personally but from what I understand, infrared cameras work by measuring the surface temperature that animals (and plants if set to detect those) emit while alive. Once a person is deceased, body temperature starts dropping around 1 to 2 degrees per hour. But…outside temperature will have an effect. Hotter=slower rate of decrease…colder=faster rate of decrease.

so. In a nutshell…it typically doesn’t take long once a person is deceased for their body temperature to read well below what infrared cameras are set to detect when looking for a live person.

EBM/BBM: of to if.

Of note, this poster includes a photo of the back of the van with stickers from places they have visited on it. This should help with verifying sightings of the van.
I find it sad that one of the stickers, that was NOT on the van at the Moab traffic stop, is one from Venice, FL saying "Today is a good day". Venice is the City one exit North of North Port. So did Brian buy it on the way home? Seems reminiscent of Casey Anthony's tattoo "Bella Vita" or Beautiful Life.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-09-18 at 9.33.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-18 at 9.33.30 PM.png
    132.4 KB · Views: 36
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics