Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Several days ago, law enforcement said searches for #GabbyPetito had not been able to get specific into a particular location

That seems to have changed #FindGabby

https://twitter.com/evanaxelbank/status/1439406403068874758?s=21

On Friday, park rangers were also speaking with campers at Spread Creek — it’s a dispersed camping area about 20 minutes east of the park.

KSL’s Garna Mejia actually ran into a local man who said he and a friend saw Petito’s van as they were spotting for elk on Aug. 29.

“He thought he had seen the white sprinter van described — blacked out rims, wheels,” said Tyler Valentine. “We all live in this small town, so when this stuff happens, we all take a little bit of initiative and try to look out for things.”

What’s interesting about Spread Creek is that Petito had marked the place as a possible camping area through the Dyrt website, something Valentine and his friend were unaware of when we spoke with them.

Search intensifies for Gabby Petito; police respond to Laundrie home in Florida

I am not giving Brian a pass....
but his stuff on IG is literally copying other people's artwork. Most of that stuff is from Adult Swim on the Cartoon Network (millions of normal people watch this) and there are some comicbook and movie characters. If anything, it shows he lacks some creativity lol

You really cannot form an analysis on that artwork at all and then draw a solid conclusion. Id hate to see what you would say about the stuff in my office right now...or even my teen's room and the band stuff she collects. I collect skull stuff (no, not human skulls)...and my daughter loves heavy metal music (have you seen their artwork?).....and she is the most well adjusted child ever.

I am HIGHLY critical of Brian....but I see nothing nefarious with his art on IG that equates to Gabby being missing.
Your profile picture offends me! :D:rolleyes:

LOL, I was gonna say, "panthers" is not what I think of when I think of swamp wildlife... I'd be more likely to expect them in the Grand Tetons, or at least a catamount. It's gotta be the gators, IMO.

As for the "water purification", let's not forget, it doesn't take much planning or space. I, for example, have a SIGG type bottle with a UV light in the cap that swears it purifies water; or there's the good old classic water purification tablets.

Agreed, but then again, a lot of people are VERY white bread. Millions of people back in the day bought and/or read Jessica Mitford's book about the commercialization of death and the funeral industry; it was a huge bestseller; I bet there are just as many people out there thinking the folks who up and read that book are ghouls.

The Lullaby book wasn't just about a song to comfort the dying. The song killed anybody listening listening. And the book involves necrophilia.

I'm trying to keep an open mind here -

Actually, that sticker is sold all over, including in stores in Moab, SLC, and on the way to Grand Teton.

Source - I looked it up when we first noticed it, the company sells out of multiple stores, including REI if I'm not mistaken.
But are they going to sell a Venice, FL sticker in Grand Teton? or anywhere but Florida really? BTW, there is no REI anywhere close to Venice, FL.

They seem to have a solid idea of the area in which this occurred. It's a needle in a much smaller haystack now. This bodes well.

I hope they could verify the hitchhiker story and it lead to other people reporting sightings directly to LE. It would be so nice to have a positive result from social media for once.

It is fascinating how much the attention has turned, but Brian being missing is the fresh part of this news and that's how the "news" works these days. It's unfortunate. I did see someone last night request we split the threads into two; keep this one going for Gabby and have another for Brian. I kinda like that idea but they're too closely related.

Agreed, I think we'd probably wind up with two very interesting threads, from a reading and literature POV; but it sounds a nightmare to moderate, even if all we sleuthers entered into it with the best will in the world. "No, this argument is more about Gabby!" "No, that argument is more about Brian!"

If my husband ever told me to calm down while on a road trip, you guys would have a field day dissecting my reading lists, search results, and writings. :cool:
SAME. The Halloween post I made two months ago would definitely be a clue apparently. I'm definitely on a government list somewhere for my search history alone.

I watched a video the other day featuring people from Equusearch (on DutyRon) where they were talking about special infrared drones and it was absolutely amazing what they could do. It picked up differences of less than a degree. They also mentioned that they could detect after people were deceased once the decomp process started. They even said they could pick it up underground. I had no idea the technology was that specific. I don't think is true for all infrared but these particular drones they were using could. His name was Gene Robinson.
I hope Equusearch comes to help in a search.

Firstly, thank you all for the warm welcome.

The pressure of all those people and press on the lawn for 2 weeks would be horrendous on all of them. His mental state couldn’t be good. Suicide would be a genuine concern. That being said, speaking empathatically, what parent in that situation would think sneaking him out late at night to go for a hike alone would be a good idea, unless there was an ulterior motive. It’s BS. I’d guess that was the planned story, but it unraveled when BL didn’t stick to the script and contact them at some point, hence the call for help from the attorney.

side note: Most of us, Im sure, listen to music relevant to our situation whenever we’re sad or going through something. The first and seemingly only song posted to their Spotify on his presumed trip home was titled,

“Self Consumption”, defined as such,
: consuming oneself or itself: such as. a : taking all of a person's time and attention : being the only thing a person thinks about : all-consuming self-consuming hatred/passion/desire. b : acting to destroy itself or use itself up, a self-consuming fire.
The Self Consumption on Spotify is the name of the playlist. It is comprised of six songs. The playlist title is alarming. Here is the link to see the playlist.

Selfconsumption

What if he drove the silver mustang himself on Tuesday to do a “day hike” and was in contact with his parents?

What if he called later in the day/evening and told them he was spending the night (somewhere) and asked them to come pick up the car? They have a plan that he’d call/text when he needed to be picked up? But then he stopped communicating on Thursday night/Friday? So then the police were called?

I'm guessing if LE could have put surveillance on BL, that they would have. I mean, I assume it is illegal in the USA (I don't live there) to do so under these circumstances, at least by LE. However, if I had a daughter missing in these conditions, and had alot of money and foresight, I would've hired a PI to watch and follow BL like a hawk as soon as I knew he was back in Florida.

The only thing I can think of re: the car, is that he has done this before and left the car unattended where it has been in jeopardy of interference/vandalism/theft. And he has still made his way home, when he was ready.

Perhaps it is his mum's car, and he was not given permission to take it. And maybe is not insured to drive it under her policy.
Perhaps they thought he would call them for a ride home, when he was ready.

A lot of this two-day delay could be based on his past behaviour.

Because why not give him a two-week (or however long) 'headstart', if that is what they were doing?
Exactly - because a Mustang is desirable and easily stolen! I wouldn’t leave my car there over night!
The first day of searching for Brian Laundrie, the boyfriend of 22-year-old Gabby Petito, who went missing while the couple was on a cross-country trip, has come up empty, police said.

Police spent Saturday searching a "vast" Florida preserve near the Laundrie family's home after they said late Friday his whereabouts were now unknown, too. Late Saturday, police said they were suspending the search due to darkness and would begin again Sunday morning.

"Be advised that the whereabouts of Brian Laundrie are currently unknown," an attorney for the family said Friday. "The FBI is currently at the Laundrie residence removing property to assist in locating Brian. As of now the FBI is now looking for both Gabby and Brian."

Laundrie, 23, has not been seen since Tuesday, according to police and the family's lawyer.

North Port Police said Saturday morning that they were searching for Laundrie in "the vast Carlton Reserve," a 24,565-acre preserve north of his home in North Port.

Police pause search at 'vast' preserve for Brian Laundrie, boyfriend of missing 22-year-old Gabby Petito
What if he doesn’t want to be found ? I don’t believe he is lost!
MOO!

I read the reviews on Amazon....no accounting for taste. Weird for me yes....but I find Steve King weird and have been known to read one or two of his books....:)

I have a theory of what happened, I am debating with myself whether to post or not. Pure speculation around the information that has come out so far.
I actually like reading everybody’s speculation that’s all we have so far! Myself personally I think they got into an argument and she fell hiking or he pushed her by accident he’s scared and now he’s hiding out!!

It's sad for everyone but I believe what we are going to find out is that this case is similar to the Leanne Bearden case. In lots of ways. A couple living the best years of their lives but yet very troubled. It was a heart wrenching case and a lot of suspicion went to the hubby. And it took a while to find her. In that case, Josh (JB) talked to LE. It's big that BL hasn't, but he may have his reasons. LE certainly can't say that even if BL's parents discussed it. We can second guess what BL has done after but few of us have experienced what he may have.

There are 2 and a half times as many suicides of folks between the age 20 and 34 than there are homicides. (ref: NIMH » Suicide)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member