Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing I can think of re: the car, is that he has done this before and left the car unattended where it has been in jeopardy of interference/vandalism/theft. And he has still made his way home, when he was ready.

Perhaps it is his mum's car, and he was not given permission to take it. And maybe is not insured to drive it under her policy.
Perhaps they thought he would call them for a ride home, when he was ready.

A lot of this two-day delay could be based on his past behaviour.

Because why not give him a two-week (or however long) 'headstart', if that is what they were doing?
Exactly - because a Mustang is desirable and easily stolen! I wouldn’t leave my car there over night!
The first day of searching for Brian Laundrie, the boyfriend of 22-year-old Gabby Petito, who went missing while the couple was on a cross-country trip, has come up empty, police said.

Police spent Saturday searching a "vast" Florida preserve near the Laundrie family's home after they said late Friday his whereabouts were now unknown, too. Late Saturday, police said they were suspending the search due to darkness and would begin again Sunday morning.

"Be advised that the whereabouts of Brian Laundrie are currently unknown," an attorney for the family said Friday. "The FBI is currently at the Laundrie residence removing property to assist in locating Brian. As of now the FBI is now looking for both Gabby and Brian."

Laundrie, 23, has not been seen since Tuesday, according to police and the family's lawyer.

North Port Police said Saturday morning that they were searching for Laundrie in "the vast Carlton Reserve," a 24,565-acre preserve north of his home in North Port.

Police pause search at 'vast' preserve for Brian Laundrie, boyfriend of missing 22-year-old Gabby Petito
What if he doesn’t want to be found ? I don’t believe he is lost!
MOO!

I think the TicToK may have dropped him off near to the camping area...

the 25th or 26th Victor store guy has me questioning if they could not find camping spots except at the dispersed area since the 25th was a crowded free day per the person who saw van at penny lake.
She said it was the damn. She said he freaked out when he realized they were going to Jackson Hole (in other words, back up north).

Edit: they were going south but he was adamant to not return there and exited vehicle. Now FBI is looking East. They know something and I am more hopeful than I've been for 5 days.

Last edited:
I think his parents have known at least since he purportedly flew back to Florida from SLC that there were signficant problems of some sort. The story about the departure from the trip and moving her personal items to or from the home to or from a storage unit is exceptionally strange for the trip they had planned, through the west ending up in the Pacific Northwest.

If you find out what went on during that time he was back in Florida, I think you will have an idea of what he was planning. Based on my impressions, I think he came back with the intention to split up with her. This would, of course, completely stop the VanLife blog as she really needed someone else to run the show while she blogged.

Her father is the one who described the trip he took back to Florida and the purported reason to avoid paying for a storage unit. Which sounds completely bogus to me. I'd have to think her father was paying for the SLC hotel, as she couldn't afford it. I just wonder if her father talked to BL at some point in this part of the saga.

I think it was also her mother who was the one who had the date he returned to Florida, though I'm not sure how she came about it.

Anyway. There is no way his family did not expect his arrival. There is no way he didn't arrive without some texts from the return trip, or a plausible reason for his having the van without her.

This was not a surprise for his family. No polite niceties "they broke up, her stuff is at our house, please come get it". And no pretense at innocence about the events that transpired. They know. They know full well.

They were prepared enough to stonewall her parents for 10 days. Let's not forget that at all.
BBM. I agree with this. I cant see the point of putting their stuff in storage when they were only going to be gone for four months. They had lived there for two years with their stuff, by all accounts.

I took a keen interest in Brian's artwork and had an immediate sense of something very heartfelt, earnest and sweet. There's a photo of him sitting in a forest at a table, his drawing journal open. You can see a bottle of ink and a pen. I loved what he was working on (something botanical), and I felt a kinship with him.

For some of his artwork, he carved out stamps, applied ink and pressed them down onto paper. The patience it takes to do something like that really speaks to me. Brian loves putting pen to paper and sitting quietly in a peaceful setting with his own thoughts. That is something to be celebrated, not dragged into some perverse and twisted attempt at knocking him down.

He didn't post drawings of bloodied corpses with dark phrases written backwards in Latin. Nor is his artwork childish, amateurish, and lacking in creativity as someone here said. I've seen other comments like this on social media and feel really disheartened by them.

According to BL's parents.

Someone posted earlier that this is basically making up most of the timeline.

I would also add, according to GP's parents as well.

In any event... according to BL's parents, BL was last seen on 9/14. This would have been the same day the parents lawyer made the first public statement that I am aware about the family "remaining in the background". This was also a day before BL was named a person of interest and the lawyer made a new statement about remaining silent (9/15).

Hmpf...

Why on earth does the official missing persons flier for the FBI include a photo that clearly has a filter from social media which highly distorts GP’s face from what it actually looks like? And why is media using it so often as well?

GABRIELLE PETITO — FBI
View attachment 313223

GABRIELLE PETITO
August 2021
Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming

View attachment 313224

Date(s) of Birth Used March 19, 1999
Place of Birth Long Island, New York
Hair Blonde (long)
Eyes Blue
Height 5'5"
Weight 110 pounds
Sex Female
Race White
Nationality American
Scars and Marks Petito has visible tattoos on her hand and forearm.
Remarks:
Petito has ties to North Port, Florida, and Suffolk County, New York.

Details:
The FBI, in coordination with the National Park Service, the Teton County Sheriff’s Office, the Jackson Police Department, and other state, and local law enforcement agencies across the country, are investigating the disappearance of Gabrielle “Gabby” Petito.

Ms. Petito, 22, was last known to be in the area of Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming in late August 2021 and was reported missing on September 11, 2021. She was on a cross-country road trip with her boyfriend visiting national parks in Colorado, Utah and Wyoming. She and her boyfriend were driving a white 2012 Ford Transit van with a variety of stickers on the back. The van is registered to Ms. Petito with Florida plate QFTG03.
View attachment 313226 View attachment 313225 View attachment 313227

Anyone else think it would be really strange that he'd be just browsing Spotify for songs to add to his playlist 1-2 days after he possibly killed his fiance and just got home and has to answer to his parents? I mean the whole thing is strange, but it just seems like something that wouldn't be important to do right then. All MOO of course.
I honestly think it’s her Spotify account.

This must mean the TikTok witness and Idaho store merchant did not pan out? Because if they had been verified it seems to me that he was up by Yellowstone with the 28th and 29th being the only dates empty (and there is an unverified report that he was seen alone at a bar in West Yellowstone on the 29th.

I think the TicToK may have dropped him off near to the dispersed camping spread creek area.

the 25th or 26th Victor store guy has me questioning if they could not find camping spots except at the dispersed area since the 25th was a crowded free day per the person who saw van at penny lake and why they ended up not further up in idaho. JMO

Mod Note:

Stop posting the crowd source Google Doc. We do not know who owns that doc, who is inserting links into it, and we do not endorse links that go to information that includes rumor. If you wish to engage in the doc sharing, please do so via private messaging. We can’t promote it in thread.

Thank you for understanding

I don't understand why law enforcement is chasing him into the wilderness area. If he's not a suspect then who cares if he goes camping?. Shouldn't their resources be used on the case where someone is actually missing and not on a a self-professed outdoorsman out on a little walkabout? The mosquitoes, heat, and humidity will drive him out eventually. If he chooses to end his life in there then who really cares? There are definitely better uses for LE resources right now. Just my own personal opin ions and musings...

I would think that Gabby's family cares, and a lot of other people do too, because he's the only one who can reveal where and when he last saw her.

Joshua Powell's murder/suicide eliminated any possibility of him revealing what really happened to Susan.

I would hate to see that happen here and I very much doubt I'm alone in this.

This FBI request had me confused but I just mapped it out and it fits. Northern most location Yellowstone; Colter Bay is south of that; Spread Creek southeast of that. This tidbit from them sounds VERY encouraging to me. They know something.

This is what I narrowed it down to last night:

8/24: Gabby checks out of Fairfield Inn and Suites
8/25 0r 8/26: Owner of Rustic Row in Idaho says Petito and Laundrie spent about 15 to 20 minutes in the store.
8/25 or 8/26 - Possible sighting of BOTH in Grant Village, Yellowstone
8/26 - UNVERIFIED sighting of BL alone in Bullwinkle's Bar, West Yellowstone, MT
8/27 - ??? (whereabouts unknown)
8/28 - ??? (whereabouts unknown)

8/29: Laundrie alone. Hitchhiking. No vehicle. Stated he had been at Snake River (probably a cover). Picked up Colter Bay, Grand Teton. Skittish when he realized they were traveling back to where he left, instead of away from it. Exited vehicle abruptly at Jackson Damn.

This leads me to think that whatever happened occurred in that 3-day span of 8/26-8/29.

Great timeline, thank you.
Maybe this has been discussed but: after he decided that hitchhiking wasn’t for him (for whatever reason,) I wonder how he got back to the van?? It seems cell service is spotty in that area - how do you get back w/out a map? I guess he could’ve had a physical map —- or maybe I’m missing something and he was let out very close to the van? Although I guess at this moment we have no clue where the van was

Are you 100% sure they are “campsite numbers”. There are two separate sets.

The east grouping is 1-15 and the west grouping 1-24.

I’m not sure they are pings but I’m not sure they are campsite numbers.

This camper recognizes them as campsites. It used to be that the little green triangles were supposed to represent tents.

That's pretty much how all the loops (if any) are laid out. You'll come to an intersection and those numbers will be pointing in different directions - not always clearly. Go to some national or state park page and look at maps of campsites.

She’s reading a book about the Zodiac killer in one of the photos, odd book choice for a 22 year old women?

When I was 22 I spent all of my free time outside of law school posting in a secret forum dedicating to finding additional crimes of the serial killer Joseph Duncan.

Girls can do anything. ;)

https://twitter.com/fbidenver/status/1439393010727391235?s=21

This map is interesting. Looks like the pings marked on here? I do wonder if it is just the phone that they will find there. IMO
Those little triangles are campsites. The campsites are numbered. It's possible you have to get a permit for the exact number. If one or both of the pair were overnighting at one of those campsites, LE would know because they would have had to register all their ID information. Rangers at National Parks keep track of everyone in the backcountry. Rangers sometimes come by to make sure you aren't building fires, "leave no trace", etc. Plus, other campers keep an eye on things (experienced folks are very particular about how the backcountry is treated, so everyone can enjoy it).
I've been in a situation where all backcountry overnighters (including the resident Ranger) had to leave Sequoia NPbecause of a series of blizzards (in early September!). A helicopter came by regularly as we hauled ourselves over a high pass above treeline, with a Ranger hanging out the door counting everyone, to be sure that everyone got out. They were missing one backpacker registered to that area, which caused some concern.
Long and short: NPS has information on whoever was in the Grand Teton backcountry overnight. Maybe even just day hikes (in wilderness areas, you're required to register at the trailhead and carry a ticket on your pack, even just for the day, but I don't know if this is true for National Parks).
And yeah, if they're pointing to a cluster of campsites, they have quite a bit of info from various sources.

I took a keen interest in Brian's artwork and had an immediate sense of something very heartfelt, earnest and sweet. There's a photo of him sitting in a forest at a table, his drawing journal open. You can see a bottle of ink and a pen. I loved what he was working on (something botanical), and I felt a kinship with him.
For some of his artwork, he carved out stamps, applied ink and pressed them down onto paper. The patience it takes to do something like that really speaks to me. Brian loves putting pen to paper and sitting quietly in a peaceful setting with his own thoughts. That is something to be celebrated, not dragged into some perverse and twisted attempt at knocking him down.

He didn't post drawings of bloodied corpses with dark phrases written backwards in Latin. Nor is his artwork childish, amateurish, and lacking in creativity as someone here said. I've seen other comments like this on social media and feel really disheartened by them.

The stamps he carved are from murder podcasts and book covers from books about serial killers. And some cartoony stuff which is also copied.
Which again, I see nothing wrong with but they aren't really "his art".
They are copies of things he likes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member