Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point in the investigation, is it at all feasible that Brian didn't kill Gabby?

I know the consensus is clearly heavily weighted otherwise, but I'm just playing devil's advocate here (innocent until proven guilty etc etc).

Could he claim he left her in the van, went hitchhiking, and when he returned she was either gone, or dead? Yes, he obviously should've immediately reported her missing/dead, but panicked and fled instead..

Is there already evidence in terms of time frames to refute this and blow his defence clean out of the water or is there a chance that it MIGHT not have been him, and his only crime was fleeing the scene and then having a meltdown and going awol?

MOO
I've been mulling this over in my head since last night. He said on the body cam that he tries to just get away from her, so I can imagine a scenario where he tells her find your own way home or she says just leave, I'll find my own way home.

Random thought completely derailed me- when he was speaking to officers in August, I thought I heard him say he didn't have a phone. I need to go back and listen.

‘Those Guys Are Full of S**t”: North Port Police Hit Back At Criticism Cops Mishandled Gabby Petito Investigation; Boyfriend Brian Laundrie Remains Missing

“[Police] should’ve immediately placed [Laundrie] under surveillance,” Ed Gavin, an expert in missing person cases and former acting chief of the New York City Administration for Children’s Services, told the New York Post. “Immediately.”

“They should’ve been all over him … The fact that they let him out of their sight, that’s a no-no. Time is of the essence with these investigations.”

……..

North Port Police spokesperson Josh Taylor defended his department from the critics.

“These guys are full of s–t,” Taylor told the New York Post. “We have a missing person case and we don’t have anyone to talk to and we don’t have any evidence of a crime on a case that’s outside our jurisdiction.”
…..
This upsets me. I see his point but HELLO that's like saying he doesn't care what happens outside lines on the map in the station. I'm PRO LE but he needs to shut up, bc he's not coming across very well.

I thought the same when I viewed the 'original' footage released yesterday, but this is slowed down and zoomed in and there's no doubt in my mind..

Either one or BOTH of them are in the van, and the door 100% closes as the YouTuber's vehicle approached.
I sure hope someone has contacted the FBI with this. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it a crime to be using someone’s car? She can’t press charges. It’s clear he had permission to use it as he was driving it most of their trip. JL may have talked to attorney about bringing back van to FL. Whatever he says about the van can’t be disputed by GP. Credit card? Didnt read anything about them being used after parents reported her missing. That’s any easy way to try to track someone. JL has a good chance of getting away with no legal repercussions. They have to prove any allegations and not much evidence so far that he harmed GP. He just left her.

The Autopsy results will be back on Tuesday. They will show if he murdered her (because let's face it, no-one else did).

I also hope that they throw the book at his parents as imo they have lied to not only the police, but the FBI, and cost the taxpayer a hell of a lot of money on a farce of a search.

They had zero evidence that a crime had been committed!
They were handed a card stating a lawyer would be representing them or/and their son.
These are the laws they are bound to uphold.
They're stuck with them.
So are we.
I believe they acted correctly.
Maybe they could have staked out the home, but to what end?
They had the lawyer's assurances he was there.
(same lawyer must be running for cover right now)

I think they had plenty of reason to suspect a crime had been committed.

We still don't know if she was harmed. Accidents happen in the wild all the time and that still may be a possibility. Brian is said to only be 5'8" and 160lbs and Gabbie is said to have been 5'5 and 110lbs. He physically looks thin and weak, and like he wouldn't have the arm strength to move around a 110lb body IMO. In some photos his arms look as skinny as hers does. Also I read that he was vegan and was living off mostly watermelon/fruits on this road trip which would make him even weaker.
47923351-9990735-North_Port_Police_are_asking_for_Brian_Laundrie_pictured_left_to-a-55_1631654733334.jpg
Unfortunately none of his behavior ever since points to "accident".

So, she got hurt accidentally, and he just left her there? Or he stole her van, leaving a healthy Gabby behind in the woods with no way to get home, and something terrible happened to her that BL had no part in? If he didn’t hurt her himself, these are pretty much the only other options. Which do you think puts BL in the best light?

what possible reason could there be for him to return to Wyoming and take HER van from those woods? I’m surprised he even took the trouble to go back there. I guess greedy SOB wanted the van. He left and didn’t let friends and family know anything and then went back to drive van back to FL. Still not say a word to her family, not even indirectly.
Hopefully, cell phone records, crime scene, autopsy… something she’d more light on this.

Yeah. While there are plenty of individual tragedies and bizarro behaviors in this whole thing... don't we all expect consistent professional behavior & performance from a (supposed) professional law enforcement agency/department. The actions of the police *department* - not a sole individual -- are certainly food for discussion by the public. Mt/ Taylor... well... is apparently, Mr. Taylor. Berating the public is a most unique approach, IMO.
I don't blame him in the slightest!
I thought he was good natured and informative in as far as he could be.

This upsets me. I see his point but HELLO that's like saying he doesn't care what happens outside lines on the map in the station. I'm PRO LE but he needs to shut up, bc he's not coming across very well.
No doubt. What a bad look. And - apparently the Police Department did not have all the facts right either... so, y'know... those in glass houses...

Do we know if he left the van at Spread Creek? Why wouldn't he drive away from the crime scene and park in another area to go "hiking"? Did he expect her to be found?

We don’t know whether he left the van at Spread Creek, it depends on whether the unconfirmed 29th sighting of the van in the same place, by the elk hunters, turns out to be accurate or not (or on other evidence LE may have/find.)

As for the next two questions, I’m fifty/fifty whether he was just trying to start the forming of an alibi or whether the interaction with the Tiktoker was originally going to be the start of his journey back without the van, until something spooked him and changed his mind.

With those two scenarios, I think he would have had the expectation that the body would be found eventually, but with the hope that it wouldn’t be until after he was home, to look like it happened “after they broke up and he kindly left her with the van, making his own way home.”

JMO though, could well be completely different.

IMO, for a while LE should keep a careful eye on the site where GP was found. If he's still alive, BL seems capable of turning up there, or at some monument they visited, to kill himself--think anniversaries, holidays, etc. Halloween springs to mind.

Of course, Mother Nature will soon make that difficult.

When all the facts are released to the pertinent DA, we may find out why the Laundries acted the way they did. Because they all kept mum, there might not be much of a legal criminal case against BL. Is it a criminal offense NOT to report a body or missing person in Wyoming? Is there evidence BL physically harmed or endangered GP in way that led to her death? Did BL parents do best thing for son by refusing to talk to anyone except when advantageous to them? What would most parents do if their adult child return home from trip without companion and refuses to talk about, and upon contacting an attorney, the attorney supports keeping quiet
Most parents with a moral compass would realize their baby boy is a grown man and act accordingly. I sincerely hope the inaction on GB's behalf by THESE parents is seen as outside every norm in every way. They further victimized Gabby.
MOO

We still don't know if she was harmed. Accidents happen in the wild all the time and that still may be a possibility. Brian is said to only be 5'8" and 160lbs and Gabbie is said to have been 5'5 and 110lbs. He physically looks thin and weak, and like he wouldn't have the arm strength to move around a 110lb body IMO. In some photos his arms look as skinny as hers does. Also I read that he was vegan and was living off mostly watermelon/fruits on this road trip which would make him even weaker.
47923351-9990735-North_Port_Police_are_asking_for_Brian_Laundrie_pictured_left_to-a-55_1631654733334.jpg
Why would he have to move a body? She was most likely left where she was killed.

Re-upping this thread. Some reporting the Mustang re-appeared in the Laundrie's driveway Thursday. Not true. We were there - and saw the Mustang in the driveway Wednesday.
9:04 AM · Sep 20, 2021·Twitter Web App

Thanks. I already replied to this. I am not convinced between the two reports for journos. Both of them at the scene. ABC7 saying one thing, this guy saying another.

Which one is right? NewsNationNow? ABC7?

I usually find that once things settle down a bit, the picture becomes clearer.

Last edited:
It doesn't surprise me that they're not actively, publicly searching for BL today. They probably covered enough ground in the nature reserve to determine that he hadn't simply gone out and shot himself -- and that he probably wasn't even there anymore.

They'd already said that, at this point, if they found him, they'd only really be able to return him to his parents. Now, they're waiting for the autopsy report so that, when they do close in on him (and yes, I think they probably have some idea where he is or where he was heading), they can arrest him as a suspect, rather than just returning him to his parents.

I had suggested last night that Brian may have hitchhiked multiple times throughout the early morning to the evening of the 29th but what if Miranda Baker was* the only person to pick him up? I wondered if Brian killed Gabby on August 28th, tried to hide her body quickly and as cleverly as he could given the amount of other campers in the area and what he could see and do in the darkness without drawing any attention. Could Brian have walked the 17 miles to Coulter Bay Village all early morning and throughout the day of the 29th and realized this hitchhiking thing wasn't going to work? Miranda and her boyfriend leave Brian at Jackson Lake Dam and he either walks all the way back to the van or gets one more ride from the dam back to Forest Road 30290 and Elk, WY. If someone did bring Brian back I highly doubt he let them drive him all the way back to where the van was left sitting at Spread Creek Campground. Brian easily could have been back at the van before midnight on the 29th and already heading out and on his way back to Florida. I think he may have been in such a manic state that he drove nonstop arriving home late Wednesday night the 1st. Think back to the insane cross-country road trip of Kam McLeod and Bryer Schmegelsky. It can be done.

Was there proof he even showed up in Florida on September 1? Who actually ever saw the van on that exact day? Maybe I missed it along the way (too may posts to go back through).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste