Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that the parents went to the lengths to hire their child an attorney but the attorney they hired wasn't some hard core criminal defense attorney from Florida tells me that what he told his parents was that he left her alive. If they believed their son had done her harm or he told them that, I think their choice of attorney would have been much different.
I think he was a family attorney they knew well maybe and the first one they called. These people thought this would just go away.
Edited: grammar

I looked it up; I believe it refers to a “Electronic Countermeasures Kit”.
I googled it and seems there are many things it could be. One that was interesting was ECM jammer kit. I wondered before if the mustang had a tracking system. This gets more and more bizzare and is beginning to look like high crime. I am so shocked at how this is turning out. I can't believe GP was found deceased. I never dreamed it would turn out like this. FBI=Major!!!

My gut is saying BL was never in the house unless it was fleeting (no one knew to look for him for quite awhile, so yes, it’s possible he was there). He could have met one of his parents when he arrived in FL and turned over the van for them to drive home. I think he would have been too nervous to stay there any length of time.

Have there been reports that neighbors’ video surveillance picked him up?

I do think his parents have known where he is the entire time.

jmo
BBM. I agree, I don’t feel that he ever went to the house. There’s no video footprint that shows that I’ve heard of that he was there. And weird how his parents just happened to know where the mustang was. Fishy AF

They went in full tactical. I think they were looking for Brian.
Not sure it was for Brian specifically but yeah if he was there they'd take him. Now that Gabby has been found, they can shift their focus to it being a crime investigation vs. a missing person.

Given the parents involvement, it makes sense to get a warrant to search their home for any evidence - likely something specific based on how quickly it went. Parents were detained because if you are searching for something, and that something is there, you don't want to give them a chance to wander around the house and hide/eliminate/etc. it because they know the house better than the FBI does.

No. Just saying right now, seeing that it could be very difficult and even impossible to win this case against BL in court given that he is likely the only person that can know for certain what happened to Gabby. It probably happened fast and without a lot of physical evidence left. It’s been more than two weeks.
At this point FBI is collecting whatever data they can to form into a case.
You think there is likely a strong evidential case here?
Let's get the perp first. Then we can spend hours ruminating on your question. For one thing, it's a bit early to even make educated guesses about "enough evidence" IMO.

From other cases I've followed that becomes a major bone of contention as few of us are lawyers.

MOO

I’m not understanding these possible “negotiations”.
If he is innocent of a crime, then there’s no need to negotiate. If he is guilty of a crime, find him and give him the death penalty. Period. No negotiating with a murderer.

There's this little practice we have in America called trials, and even when it seems to defy all common sense & even eye witness testimony, a little custom we call presumption of innocence until proven guilty.

Why don't we let it play out and see?
There is no point in speculating on evidence procured because they have not told us what it is and FBI will not tell us either.

But they have Gabby's remains to the best of our knowledge.
That is the best evidence they could have.
The dead do 'talk'.

*BBM
Yes they do! Thank goodness!

Mod Note:
If someone uses the wrong letter in initials please just report the post for correction. It makes it more challenging when we have 20 replies “who is XX”?

Sorry to seem like I am nit picking but these little things can help clear clutter and enhance your experience navigating a fast thread such as this.

Just to make it clear, I believe that BL is directly responsible for GP’s death given human nature, the narrative, his and his parents’ reactions. I just also believe that there is likely very little court enters LE evidence especially because they have not talked.
I am completely befuddled as to why he took her van, leaving her where he did without notifying her friends and family regardless of what happened.

many ideas on that? What is the best case scenario for BL taking that van?
JMO, he probably thought (correctly) that his best strategy was to get away from the area and delay, for as long as possible, a search for her body. The longer the time before finding her, the less evidence there would have been, both in terms of physical evidence and memories of events surrounding those days. He likely hoped that the creek would become flooded with rain water and maybe wash her body away or at least cover the spot with water. He also probably hoped that there would be no memory or documentation that he'd been camping nearby by the time the fact that she was missing became known. It would have been much better for him if anyone had believed that she had made it to Yellowstone, because search efforts would have been focused there and her body probably wouldn't have been found in Teton for decades, if ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper