Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He can try. But I think he's going to find it difficult to "hide" anywhere. Especially in his usual comfort places. The outdoors is big but also full of people recreating. This case has had tremendous reach among that community AND people in that community are fiercely protective of each other. There's a sort of code among outdoor types. You always check out other people while you're out and offer assistance and never just pass someone by if you sense they need help, that sort of thing. He is not going to find ANY sympathy outside the family/friends who are aiding him (caveat-if they are but IMO they ARE or DID).
I have to wonder how recognizable Laundrie would/will be as his beard (and hair) grows out and if he modified his clothing characteristics. Plus, a possible Covid mask.

If someone told you a story about a couple who went travelling across the country, the guy with a history of being controlling and jealous, the girl seen to be crying uncontrollably when they are stopped by police after a domestic disturbance that became physical, and then the guy suddenly arrives home without the girl, no one can contact or find her, he lawyers up and won’t speak to police before disappearing himself, and then the girl’s body is found back near their campsite… would anyone really say “gee I wonder how she died, maybe an accident?”
JMO he’s running due to not wanting to face the consequences of his actions.
Best description yet of the absurdity of the accident scenario. [Imho]

There have been an increasing number of no-body cases. If LE has phone data to put BL at the spot that the body was found, I don't think many jurors would believe he had nothing to do with her death. Healthy 22 year old women don't just drop dead, you know?
Yes, and there is often evidence showing a motive eg someone wanting out of the relationship, arguments, etc. This also helps convince a jury.

Christine speaking to JB in live news says that 20 mins before LE showed up dad popped out of the house grabbed papers from a vehicle and went back into the house.
Apparently seen by multiple media. What could that have possibly been? Travel documents?

I think last night as soon as they found her in Wyoming the FBI and US Attorney in WY took over the case, put together the warrants, and flew people out to Florida (along with Florida FBI) to run the show.

We have been hearing lots of excuses from NPPD but I don't think they will have a say in what happens anymore. And I am sure behind the scenes it is tense. Losing the primary suspect is unbelievable. If they confirmed last Tuesday that he was not at the house, they may have proceeded differently right away.

Although they may not have an official COD at this time the warrants may have been executed due to the manner in which her body was found. eg - evidence of concealment or foul play. MOO

My 27 year old daughter knows I am a Websleuths lifer and said pretty much the same thing.
“There should be an exemption to the law that says the last person to be seen with someone can’t do this!” (Lawyer up so quickly).
Such a sheltered, well-loved life my daughter has lived.
Thank you for saying this.

People say not to scare your kids but knowledge is power. I am sure your influence has greatly influenced her life and she's better for it.

Yes, and there is often evidence showing a motive eg someone wanting out of the relationship, arguments, etc. This also helps convince a jury.

it gets me everytime when we have people in relationships end up dead, just walk away

relationships end, its life yeah its sad and upsetting but murder or abuse is never the answer

life will suck for a while but you never know whats around the corner for you next

Watching the WFLA footage, I see the mustang in the driveway. The photo I’ve seen of Gabby’s van after the road trip ended show it in a garage with white walls and the caption states, “Gabby’s van pictured at BL’s parents house in Florida.” (Obviously I paraphrased that caption). I’d find it interesting if that van was parked in their garage but the mustang is parked outside. It would seem like they were hoping to keep it hidden. Does anyone know if they had it parked outside or in the garage? If I only had the ability to put one car in the garage it wouldn’t be a van, it would be the mustang since it’s a convertible.

Why hide the van? Why not get rid of it? There's tons of places to dump a car between WY and FL. Even just in FL. Keeping the van makes me wonder if his parents believed a story about her just taking off and leaving their son. It's almost like they were keeping the van for her, or at least trying to give him the benefit of the doubt

I just don’t understand the police not verifying with their own eyes Brian was in the home, especially as the week went on. He didn’t have to talk, just show his face. I guess someone should have called in a welfare check on him, then they would have been obligated to see him. Can you call in welfare checks anonymously?
I don't understand that either. He is an adult- what right would his parents have to refer LE to a lawyer on his behalf? Wouldn't you at least want to hear those words right from his mouth? I am sorry I have no statement please contact my lawyer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member