Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mod Note:

We are starting to loose focus that this thread is about Gabby and the current search for Brian.

Mental Health: Only bring it into the discussion if it is a statement in media or LE reports. Do not expand beyond what has been provided to us regarding Gabby and/or Brian and mental Health.

Domestic Violence: Many posters here have stories. In our own personal ways, we all have stories. The challenge we have in these threads is the separation of our personal stories and the focus of the thread. This thread is about Gabby's story. As mods, we have hearts, we care about each of you, and it is hard to delete a post on thread that may include your personal story. However, we have to remind ourselves this is about Gabby's story. Please keep her the focus of the thread.

I have an ugly question to ask. This isn't to smear BL's parents but I just need some perspective about DV.

If a man or woman has this habit of hitting their SO, will it start fairly early into the relationship?
I mean, Gabby has lived in BL's house for 2 years. Do you think the crampy van life would have unleashed the toxic side of this relationship or did it exist before? As in, is there any possibility that the parents knew that BL had a tendency to hit his SO and brushed it off?

I hope the FBI gets a peak inside the whole family dynamics.

Only a question. I am not accusing the parents of anything, just a question. Sorry if not allowed.

Also, I know this is random but those flip flops outside the van, in my opinion, are not Gabby's. Her flip flops were white. Also, she was very small. I would suspect her shoe size would be a 7 or smaller. Those sandals are bigger. I think those are BL's flip flops.

Yeah I've definitely hidden diagnoses from my parents so they wouldn't think less of me or be mad that I'm spending money on prescriptions. I surely don't want to add to the rampant mental health speculation going on in this thread, but Gabby is an adult and doesn't have to let her parents know anything about any aspects of her health.
edit: I'm bad at spelling
OCD has become a joke, for better or for worse. Not the real diagnosis, I mean the term is now a cliche. In fact, my friends who enter my house say "So it's clear YOU'RE not OCD" Because I hate housework and let the dishes go until I run out of clean ones. Nichole Atkinson said Shanann Rzucek was OCD, with a grin, because she put labels on "Chris's snacks", etc, and kept a spotless house. It's just current slang, just like saying you're a nutritionist if you read labels and try to eat right.

This bothers me a lot too. Why did it take so long to report her missing?!
Honestly they are likely afraid he’s going to (or already) killed himself. I believe that’s why they reported it. OR they knew from the beginning what happened to gabby and they allowed their son to regroup and plan his escape from their home. They don’t want to look complicit to they inform police (conveniently) 3 days after they last saw him.

Personally- I am of the belief that BL has taken his own life at this point. I find it hard to believe this kid would have any of the survival skills to last off grid in an
Bottom of p 4 and p 5 of the search warrant:

Per the license plate reader installed at the Sumter Blvd. exit of Interstate 75, that vehicle entered the City of
North Port on September 1, 2021 at approximately 10:26 AM.

https://htv-prod-media.s3.amazonaws...ant-2021-sw000442nc-09-17-2021-1632165383.pdf

Much earlier hour than I expected the vehicle to arrive in North Port.

that’s probably why GPs mom is confident that the “tik tok” girl was mistaking BL for another hitch hiker in the area…. I also question the tick tok girls story etc. I’m going to side with GPs mom on this because she, out of anyone here would have all the information etc to make that call.
I’m not saying the tick tok girl was lying for attention but if it did happen, it probably was a different guy.

That looks to me like a vertical element, specifically a tree crossing the frame as the photographer moves somewhat laterally (in their RV or camper). I think that is appearance of door opening and closing cased by presence of vertical tree.

This helpful video (by someone other than the Bethune family) addresses that issue. I am convinced that someone actually closed the door to the van while the Bethunes drove by.

JMO

That's what I was wondering. Although if BL has never been named as an actual suspect, I suppose that the lawyer could say he's on vacation somewhere. He isnt breaking the law at this point to go anywhere he wants to, although that's remarkable to me.

In regards to him possibly fleeing back to NY:
FWIW, he's not getting to NY undetected. I doubt he would get anywhere in the tri-state area without being spotted or caught somehow.

The family is originally from NY, I believe. There were reports that BL and GP were childhood sweethearts. Anyway, the attorney is in NY. So that's likely why he's holding it there.

Gabby’s missing persons report was filed by her mother in New York because the North Port police refused to file one at the request of Gabby’s father in Florida.

In the police report it said one of the officers went by the moonflower place to see if any witnesses were still there and that’s where they found Chris and got his information about what he had seen. Chris may not have been the 911 caller… he may have only seen the tail end of the altercation and maybe the 911 caller (if it was a different person than Chris) saw the altercation from start to finish.
And we also do not know what the dispatcher told the officers. There are quite a few cases of dispatchers making material mistakes that lead to bad outcomes. Eg the kid with bb gun shot by officers in the park when the reporting caller had said that it probably was a bb gun, and the dispatcher failed to related that fact, and just said the kid was pointing a gun at people in the park.

And I agree "Chris" may not have been the 911 caller at all. With Chris' statement the cops have what they need most in a possible assaults with he said/she said, which is an independent witness. This may well be a teachable moment when it comes to domestic violence stops/calls -- but we simply do not know all of what the police were told yet and cannot say they made a mistake except in hindsight with us knowing more than what the responding police were presented with at that time.

I agree with the moderated wanting to exclude victim blaming vis a vis mental health issues. But what is relevant is that she told them she had several mental health issues which is going to set a tone for the stop

You must be thinking suicide. The action of killing oneself is not an easy thing to do. Any ideas about the means he'd use?
Well I hadn't thought that far ahead! I'm not one for speculating but if I were to hazard a guess, maybe hanging? I say this because I've heard this is a common method used by males (in the UK anyway). Also, he obviously has a love for nature and the outdoors.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member