Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never hiked the trail by the river personally, so I couldn't speak to that aspect. But walking beside the highway would be quick and easy. You could do that part in a not very long day.

Yeah, google says its 17 miles by road from the van to Culter Bay. That's not even a 8 hour road walk. Its even shorter cross country.

Gabby sensed she was in danger. When the van was being followed, Gabby struck Brian's arm (or the steering wheel). She must have known that causing Brian to swerve would get them pulled over by the officer who was following them. Unfortunately, and understandably, the officers did not pick up on that.

They were called about him slapping her, and somehow ended up calling her the "primary aggressor" and saying it was a "mental health crisis" and bro-ing out with Brian at least three times about "my wife's like that too" rather than properly assessing why Gabby was emotional and combative.

The main officer handled it all very well, but poor Gabby needed more that day. It probably would not have changed anything that happened weeks later, but in hindsight she was in more trouble than even she knew herself.
Gabby didn't need to hit him on the arm to draw the attention of the police.
Apparently they caused a big enough scene to have someone call 911 and BL probably new that. They had the report and license # from earlier and he was almost doing 20 mph over the speed limit. He was getting pulled over regardless.

MOO

So now we have Brian arriving home in the early morning of Wednesday September 1st. It is still possible he left the night of the 29th into the early morning hours of the 30th and made it back to North Port at 10:26am. I had suggested earlier he got home late the night of the 1st but I'm still willing to bet he drove nonstop the whole way, maybe stopping for an hour or two to take a nap. I also suspect he turned her phone on and then off again periodically but kept it with him until he got back to Florida. Like he couldn't let go. Like he needed to know what people were texting and sending to her. Then tossed it in a river or even the Gulf of Mexico when he got back to North Port.

"The timeline written by detectives for the search warrant covers a series of messages between Petito and her family, including “odd” messages to her mother received on Aug. 27, and a report that the van was detected by a license plate reader on the Sumter Boulevard exit of I-75. The timeline states that “a white Ford Transit, bearing Florida tag QFTG03…entered the City of North Port” on Sept. 1 at 10:26 a.m."

"Petito’s cellphone was turned off for about 15 days, and was last on around Aug. 31 or Sept. 1. Petito had not been seen since Aug. 27.

According to the search warrant timeline, Petito’s mother, Nichole Schmidt, had received a text message from her on Aug. 27, that read “Can you help Stan, I just keep getting his voicemeails and missed calls.” Stan is reportedly Petito’s grandfather. According to Schmidt, Petito never calls him Stan, and the strange message made her “concerned that someone was wrong with her daughter,” according to the warrant. It was the last message that Schmidt got from her daughter."

Gabby Petito investigation: North Port police search warrant provides new details | WFLA

I agree with this. I am totally confused by the timeline. I just can't see him making the trek home in this short of a period of time. It takes 35+ hours. Can he really make it home in such a short window of time?

IIRC his phone was for texting only. She had a smartphone for calling etc. I think when he said no phone he meant one to call on.
If we put this in context from the Bodycam Footage

Brian: "I was holding onto the keys because I didn't want her to go anywhere because I don't have my phone. I don't have a phone so if she goes off without me I'm on my own so erm I just said let's go for a walk and she's trying to get the keys from me."

I infer from this that he wasn't saying he doesn't have a phone just that his phone is in the van. If she drives off he would have no means of communication.

Did that original 911 caller stick around to be interviewed? I thought we lost track of him (?) in the narrative.

If not, I don't think the police can do more than note it, which they did. They can't testify to what they haven't seen in person; again, it's he-said, she-said, and the officers entered in the middle of it.

I imagine there've even been situations in the past where someone called 911 fraudulently to get another party into trouble. (In fact I know there are, I'm just not attempting to quantify how often it happens; just that we know it happens, or there wouldn't be laws in the books against it.)
Could be, but my point was that people who are saying that the information from the 911 call was not conveyed to the officers are mistaken. It was conveyed when they were dispatched.

My take on the Stan text message to her mother would be that her mom thought someone else had her phone bc they were referring to her grandpa by his 1st name Stan in the message.
I assume, because Gabby may have grandpas nunber programmed as Stan in her cell phone (all my family is recorded by 1st name at least) so the person using her phone sending the text to her mom didn't know it was grandpa?
Why woukd someone else be using her phone? A random murderer would most likely not touch her phone. But someone that had to devise a plan to get out of a murder, away from their dead gf, and needed a little more time to plan - would communicate with others using their gf's phone to buy more time IMOO. This may give them more time.. you gotta thjnk- he probabky though the police were on the way any minute- Stan & her mom would send the police to find Gabby- was in his mind i imagine. The final message: ..i won't have service in Yosemite..
sealed it in his mind,- there, "ive bought time" so to speak.

MOO "Stan" is how his caller ID showed up and was just saved to contacts (or not) that way instead of changing the name to Grandpa. Whoever had GP's phone, saw that this Stan keep calling and told GP's Mom to deal with it thinking that would end "Stan" from calling.

I’ve decided that I think the lawyer’s press conference tomorrow will be a message from Brian’s parents encouraging him to come home/turn himself in. I believe they must be cooperating with the FBI at this point and realizing that their son has destroyed all of their lives.

IMO

I know this is a slightly annoying thing to say, but it's not 100% confirmed that the body found is Gabby. For all we know, it could be a false lead and be a completely different person. Again, this is still not 100%.
would they really tell the family, the news media etc if they were not confident it was her. Not to be graphic but she was not missing that long I am guessing the body was still intact. She had unique tattoos. Also her father was in WY, maybe he identified her before the announcement.

But the police report also mentions that they were responding to a report of an altercation in which the male was reported to have assaulted the female. It's in the first paragraph of the first page of the report.

https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1438214030271950857

I think there is a lot that will be dissected and learned from this. The sentence below stands out to me:
“It wasn’t clear, but I believe it was reported….”

Last go round on this one.

IMO, no one listening to the eyewitness 911 call would have reason to doubt his sincerity or concern or that he saw what he saw. He was very specific, including about the sequence.

But LEO Eric didn't listen to the call. A dispatcher obviously told him about it, because he mentions in his report that someone had reported a male striking a woman. Soon or right after that LEO Eric sees the van driving erratically. That's when the video begins.

On the scene, he sees a clearly upset Gabby who doesn't calm down, and an at ease BL. Both tell Eric consistent stories about her hitting him. He had marks on him. Yes, she has a mark on her face. What Eric the LEO also hears is eyewitness Chris saying that she had fought her way into the van. That's physical. Perhaps the scenario LEO Eric imagined is a frantic Gabby whacking at BL as she enters through the van window, and in the turmoil of that, BL grabbing at her face?

It would be helpful to have heard more in the video of what Gabby said & was told by LE & the woman park ranger.

How on EARTH would LE send officers to a known violent situation without the basic information of who was seen harming whom??

This was my post..maybe there was abuse in the home..but I had another point. I just need to go to bed.
It seems that many abusers model learned behavior that they saw while growing up. Don't discount that there may be current abuse from whoever he modeled, and perhaps, one of them wants to do the right thing but is very scared, just like Gabby was.

I have commented once or twice in the 6 or 7 years I’ve been a member here, but check in daily and follow some cases more closely than others as usually appreciate most people’s input.

<modsnip>

I did want to point out 2 things.. first, in many pictures and videos, Brian is wearing flip flops almost so identical to Gabby’s it’s really impossible to tell if the flip flops outside the van were hers or his. Second.. In his last Instagram post, the photos appear to be taken with his cell phone propped somewhere as opposed to another person taking them. Where is the necklace he seemed to always have on? It’s missing in that post of photos and I’m wondering if that was something they found where Gabby was recovered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties