Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just some thoughts and speculation...Some abusers use long, systematic patterns of abuse, even if it is not physical, but emotional, and the abused will often feel and believe that everything is their own fault. I wonder if BL used the " I'm going to leave you." threat a lot. Perhaps, he took her van (didn't fly) in SLC and she was left in the hotel without wanting to tell her parents the whole story. She has said that she is anxious and the threat of being left, especially somewhere unfamiliar, could be torture to her. BL threatened to leave her in Moab and locked her out. Perhaps she was afraid of being left in Grand Teton and she grabbed onto the van and fell hitting her head or got run over. Also, if she got fed up and told him she had enough and it was over; it could have infuriated him and perhaps he shook her hard which can cause death. An abuser who always threatens to leave is not going to permanently leave and will make sure that their partner does not leave, usually by any means necessary. Tragicallymshe is left all alone again, vulnerable to animals and the elements in Wyoming.

Gabby, our thoughts are with you and you deserved so much more than you received. I am glad you grew up with a loving, supportive family and I am so sorry your joyful life was cut short. Rest in peace

But that was my point though… If she calls him some name for grandfather wouldn’t that be the name programmed for his contact information?

Not necessarily. Both my husband and I have our parents and grandparents listed in our phones by their first and last names, as do some of our friends for their parents/etc. Maybe it's not super common, but I wouldn't call it rare.

https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1440034658876465161?s=21

Boxes and boxes of evidence now going into the FBI van at the Brian Laundrie house. It’s pouring rain.
Wow, that's a lot of evidence LE is carrying out! Plus they towed the Mustang. We know the house isn't a crime scene so what do y'all think LE is taking away? Probably electronic equipment but what else??

As an aside, my husband doesn't follow cases like I do but he's aware of a few, Gabby's being one. When I told him that the body found yesterday was most likely hers, the first thing he said was LE must have had a specific lead. He thought someone must have talked. I dunno.

Wow, that's a lot of evidence LE is carrying out! Plus they towed the Mustang. We know the house isn't a crime scene so what do y'all think LE is taking away? Probably electronic equipment but what else??

As an aside, my husband doesn't follow cases like I do but he's aware of a few, Gabby's being one. When I told him that the body found yesterday was most likely hers, the first thing he said was LE must have had a specific lead. He thought someone must have talked. I dunno.

I think they found her because of the Youtuber video placing her van in a specific location and the help of SAR teams.

So #8 establishes 9/1 10:xx am from a license plate reader. Wonder who was driving.

I have been waiting to find out how they new that. This is a big relief for me. Now we could potentially back track to see when that van would have left the camp site given the amount of time it takes to drive perhaps straight thru only stopping for gas.

But...but that would mean everyone who has ever been abused has been murdered. So they are all dead....so how could they be alive to watch the video and predict what would happen...?

(Wow, this site is not working for me at all, technically)
And it breaks my heart. She had no one to turn to and he had all of the control. THIS should never had happened in 2021!

Sorry if this is old and been covered, but I downloaded the Bethune video to watch it frame, by frame, to look at the open door speculation. There are quite a few missing frames - the van is in the distance, and then a chunk of video is missing, and they are on top of it. Wonder if that was a glitch in the camera, or if it has been otherwise explained?

As for the door, it's impossible to tell, because there is a black artifact that moves around, but often is over the van. Looks like there's water or tree sap on the Bethune windshield that's right in the camera's line of the sight.

I once doubted it myself until I watched it on a larger screen...it certainly closes. No doubt in my mind.

I think they should have had a woman police officer at the stop to interview Gabby. I am intimidated by male police officers as a petite blonde woman myself and I know for certain I would clam up and tremble just as she did.

As sad as I am to see this outcome, I can predict that any woman (or person) who has ever been abused could have predicted it. That 911 call was hard to listen to. The police failed Gabby.
There was a female officer at the scene.

They went off air on that link, but they should be back later. It won’t be the same link, but you can go to YouTube (you don’t have to sign in) search WFLA News and find their channel. You can watch old Livestreams there as well.
My livestreams also ended. I found one at foxnews.com/live-news/gabby-petito-search-intensifies-for-Brian -laundrie

Some interesting stuff in the warrant. Apparently her van’s license plate was read as it entered North Port via the Sumter Blvd. exit of I-75 on September 1, 2021 at 10:26 am.

There are several statements regarding her mental health at the time. “Based on the totality of the circumstances related to the subject’s (Gabby) mental health, I believe there is probable cause to believe the subject is unable to care for herself due to her increased anxiety.”
Wow. The morning of September 1. I had been assuming it was late evening. That does make a tight timeline for getting back from WY. And I'm even more anxious to get info on where that August 30 text pinged from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l