Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whew. Another day with not much answers. I found a couple of good media outlets, thanks to you fellow sleuthers. IMO.

That’s all, thanks to everyone for keeping the light on for Gabby. I like to think she had a small part in steering SM towards her.

That bodycam footage is heartbreaking, especially knowing what we now know, and when realizing what the footage shows about their dynamics.
I keep thinking what it must've been like for her living with the three of them and how it affected her.

Brian Entin
@BrianEntin

·
6m

New info in search warrant docs: On Aug 27 – Gabby’s mom said she received an “odd text” from Gabby. It said: “Can you help Stan, I just keep getting his voicemails and missed calls.” The reference to Stan was regarding her grandpa – but her mom said she never called him Stan.
https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1440054968208138246?s=20

Brian Entin
@BrianEntin

·
8m

That was the last communication anyone had with Gabby, according to the search warrant.
https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1440055182616772608?s=20

(BL, or possibly GP trying to send her mother a coded message that something was wrong?)
I wonder if "Stan" was a safe word set up previously with her family.

Any thoughts or speculation as to what Laundrie’s family lawyer might say at his client-less press conference tomorrow?

My guess is a boilerplate with no substance: ‘We loved Gabby…condolences to her family…we are just as in the dark about the circumstances as everyone else is…we ask for our son to come home…please respect our privacy. No questions, thank you.’

If he did drive the van back to Florida, what was his rush? That’s a crazy hard drive to make in a little over two days, especially alone.

I would imagine he was in a panic and wanted to get back home ASAP. He also may not have been thinking clearly. Certainly it seems he was not in a mindset where he was making good decisions. MOO

According to the DV counselor from the FOX 13 article, it's very typical for victims of abuse. Gabby took most of the responsibility for what happened while Brian took very little. IMO
Even before one gets to DV & not taking responsibility. The van was hers. The idea for building a SM lifestyle was hers. She did the SM work. She had the friends. She had parents who loved her & supported her. She had dreams & hopes & was brave enough to be acting on them. He had his plants & parents who enabled him possibly to his literal death. I'm thinking what she thought was his love was more aptly described as vampirism.

I did not initially think this, but I’m starting to believe this will end up being pre-meditated murder. There is something about the timing of the trip back to Florida for six days for reasons yet unknown that makes me believe something is very wrong here, and that his parents have been totally complicit since the beginning. IMO
As in his parents knew he was going to commit murder or......?

I can't help but wonder did the DV org that paid for Brian's hotel room have any kind of follow up with him about the incident? I know when I went through a DV incident, the org that helped me was with me every step of the way. There has to be some record of that follow up, who knows maybe Brian was counseled/advised to separate for the time being from Gabbie and that's why he went back home to supposedly move stuff out of storage? That was such a strange trip.. Maybe he had made a decision to leave? Or she did? And then being together until they made that break escalated tensions? So many unanswered questions. All I know is that I was told and have read that leaving from a DV situation is usually the most dangerous time. That's when most victims die.

Three?
Do you mean…
— Gabby, who knew what she’d have to endure later if she told everything
— BL, the person likely abusing her
— The police officer who obviously favored BL’s story

jmo
I believe there is a witness "Chris" who had not personal relationship and therefore would be considered least biased and most credible.

That does not mean that Brian was not a 24/7 mental abuser and occasional physical abuser (and murderer) . But if we are discussing what the cops at that stop had -- what would be the most credible witness.

They are not favoring Brians story, but that of the independent witness.

That is not the indicator of bias. The indicator of bias is the stepford wives projection the initial officer displays at the end when he has Brian in the car. That is what I find troubling.

Well, it's like this, Gabby is dead.
Now we do not have a Cause of Death or Manner of Death and as of now we do not actually know whether she was murdered or died of natural causes.

That makes her a victim of murder or misadventure.
We know today that a larger human, a male was seen 'slapping' her.
It looked to me like he was winding her up- bringing about her hysterical state, pulling the rug from under her feet so she lost a sense of what was real and what was in her imagination.
She could no longer tell.
Probably had a huge sense of denial going on at the same time, cognitive dissonance- 'this can't be really happening' but it was- happening to her and happening to her dream career as well.
She appeared to internalise it.
Maybe she felt she could control it better that was- if it was all HER fault, she was, somehow, less of a victim, not a victim at all.. just a tad OCD-ish or whatever label was cast upon her at any given time. By her partner.

I think she wanted to be happy. With him.
RIP girl.
Al of the above is merely my own opinion based on the bodycam vids, mostly.

Good post, @kittythehare -- it just makes me wanna scream. That pretty, talented young woman. IMO, I think he may have enjoyed "playing with" her mind -- simply because he could. We have seen that here before in other WS cases, and it is a very cruel thing to do -- especially to a young, hopeful and trusting young woman, IMO.

<modsnip> I think we can rule out natural causes, although that is the way it is usually stated (as you wrote above -- murder or misadventure) since we do not yet know COD. Good write-up -- thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even before one gets to DV & not taking responsibility. The van was hers. The idea for building a SM lifestyle was hers. She did the SM work. She had the friends. She had parents who loved her & supported her. She had dreams & hopes & was brave enough to be acting on them. He had his plants & parents who enabled him possibly to his literal death. I'm thinking what she thought was his love was more aptly described as vampirism.
Yes, he was reportedly jealous and controlling, too! Poor Gabby. I can't imagine what her last days were like with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper