Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
it disappeared today and the profile picture has been deleted. It is important - Spotify is like a social media account in that only the logged in user should be able to edit the playlists unless they are publicly collaboative, Brian and Gabby's aren’t, I checked. So either there’s a wierd blip in Spotify’s code that deleted the profile pic and the title that was manually inputted for Brian’s final playlist or Brian himself has deleted it somehow.

google tells me sometimes Spotify has a bug that deleted playlists and titles but it doesn’t seem to affect a single users single playlist. It affects all thier playlists. Brian and Gabby have 12 playlists. One has had the title deleted.

this *could* be important.

edited to add- I share an account with my partner on Spotify so we are both equally able to access the same spotify account, and I believe Brian and Gabby were doing the same on theirs.

I'll say this again: this could be REALLY important.

How does somebody who knows what they are talking about (not me) contact LE? I bet they missed this.

So now we have Brian arriving home in the early morning of Wednesday September 1st. It is still possible he left the night of the 29th into the early morning hours of the 30th and made it back to North Port at 10:26am. I had suggested earlier he got home late the night of the 1st but I'm still willing to bet he drove nonstop the whole way, maybe stopping for an hour or two to take a nap. I also suspect he turned her phone on and then off again periodically but kept it with him until he got back to Florida. Like he couldn't let go. Like he needed to know what people were texting and sending to her. Then tossed it in a river or even the Gulf of Mexico when he got back to North Port.

"The timeline written by detectives for the search warrant covers a series of messages between Petito and her family, including “odd” messages to her mother received on Aug. 27, and a report that the van was detected by a license plate reader on the Sumter Boulevard exit of I-75. The timeline states that “a white Ford Transit, bearing Florida tag QFTG03…entered the City of North Port” on Sept. 1 at 10:26 a.m."

"Petito’s cellphone was turned off for about 15 days, and was last on around Aug. 31 or Sept. 1. Petito had not been seen since Aug. 27.

According to the search warrant timeline, Petito’s mother, Nichole Schmidt, had received a text message from her on Aug. 27, that read “Can you help Stan, I just keep getting his voicemeails and missed calls.” Stan is reportedly Petito’s grandfather. According to Schmidt, Petito never calls him Stan, and the strange message made her “concerned that someone was wrong with her daughter,” according to the warrant. It was the last message that Schmidt got from her daughter."

Gabby Petito investigation: North Port police search warrant provides new details | WFLA

I know this is a slightly annoying thing to say, but it's not 100% confirmed that the body found is Gabby. For all we know, it could be a false lead and be a completely different person. Again, this is still not 100%.

Did the 911 caller give the investigating police officers a statement and ID? I would think that would be needed before an arrest for DV on BL could be done. This witness would be needed for a possible trial. JMO.

We still don't know if the "they" to whom you refer is the dispatcher. We can't presume the "they" is the cops tasked to answer the call. We do know the cops had the testimony of "Chris" as well as Gabbie's admission.

This is without prejudice to all of us agreeing more training is needed, as well as the clear bias by the lead cop's "talk" in the last few minutes in the patrol car. that is right out of stepford wives
The cops pulled them over because of speeding, and not a 911 call, is that correct? They may not have had the 911 info. However, I can't figure out how, during a 1+ hour stop, the 911 info would not have come to light.

It seems that many abusers model learned behavior that they saw while growing up. Don't discount that there may be current abuse from whoever he modeled, and perhaps, one of them wants to do the right thing but is very scared, just like Gabby was.
I was thinking the same thing. Abuse is behavior that is often learned. And I also wondered if there was abuse in the household, if the abuser also felt guilty enough to try to help BL avoid the consequences.

Several cases have caused me to refrain from posting a “thought” of what the POI or Suspect might do or what they may have planned in order to help ‘cover their tracks’ for this very reason. Websleuths is very well known and reputable. I wouldn’t be a bit surprised if people connected with the crime read about themselves here. I sure don’t want to help offer ideas that would help the guilty go free and justice not be served.
The woman ultimately convicted of his murder posted on the WS thread for Abraham Shakespeare.

Hard Drive Found in Gabby Petito's Van, Last Text Details Emerge; Laundrie Still Missing

The search warrant confirmation from Florida's 12th Judicial Circuit court in Sarasota County says the external hard drive was discovered during the Sept. 14 execution of another search warrant linked to the case of Gabby Petito.

Investigators said in their warrant request they believe the hard drive to contain evidence connected to her disappearance.

The initial filing also said investigators believed there was a probable cause that the hard drive contained "evidence relevant to proving that a felony has been committed," according to the document.

I know this is a slightly annoying thing to say, but it's not 100% confirmed that the body found is Gabby. For all we know, it could be a false lead and be a completely different person. Again, this is still not 100%.
Technically true. However, I can't imagine the FBI would have had that press conference and said the things they did yesterday unless they were 100% sure.

This is a big deal to me. He VERY clearly said she had her phone, keys, and then corrected it and said he had the keys because he didn't have a phone and if she left him he'd be stuck (paraphrasing). He does have a phone, though, so why lie about something small like that?
IIRC his phone was for texting only. She had a smartphone for calling etc. I think when he said no phone he meant one to call on.

Park a

Park Rangers are absolutely federal law enforcement officers.
Sorry. Have worked for NPS & USFWS, and both departments hae separate “Law Enforcement” divisions. Typical Rangers undertake Visitor Services, biology and other required activities. Law Enforcement carry weapons and investigate crimes or serious breaches of park rules or policies.

There is verifiable evidence that the van returned on 9/1 at about 10:30 at night. But the verification was done by passing through a toll booth and picture of the vehicle and lic plate, but there was no indication there was any picture of who was driving the vehicle. I don't believe there were any sources that related anyone actually seeing BL in FL since 9/1.

10:30 AM, not PM

I've been here before (back in 2019) and remember it being pretty much flat driving around in the park and easily walkable. Some areas of the park have a bike path that runs parallel to the road, but even in other areas without the path, you could technically walk alongside the road or just off it and it would for the most part be easy, flat walking. MOO

thanks. thats what it looks like. I imagine an experienced hiker could go from the van to Culter Bay in a single day hike and then hitch back. They wouldn't look like they were camping for 3 days

The cops pulled them over because of speeding, and not a 911 call, is that correct? They may not have had the 911 info. However, I can't figure out how, during a 1+ hour stop, the 911 info would not have come to light.
No, the officer was called to locate them after the 911 caller called with a description of the van and the license plate number. In the process of following him and pulling him over, he noted that the driver was driving very fast and ignored the blue lights, hitting the curb with both front wheels before coming to a stop. So, while the LE officer witnessed the speeding, that wasn't the reason he went after the van to begin with.

Much better than nothing, though. Thanks!

What is your evidence here?

The police report clearly and specifically said that nobody claimed that the "male struck the female."

I think confusion is occurring between what was stated during the released 911 call and what is in the police report. Two separate sources and perspectives in a moment of time with differing documentation. Hope that helps..

So you are saying that nothing changed, I think?

Did Spotify have a hiccup? (Somebody'd better burp it.)

Technically true. However, I can't imagine the FBI would have had that press conference and said the things they did yesterday unless they were 100% sure.
I think it was because they wanted to alert people of a finding, regardless, but probably why. Plus, if that is Gabby, she certainly would've been decomposed beyond recognition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member