Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree. I believe that there are 12 people who can listen to all of the evidence without prejudice or judgment. There are people on this thread who are very, very fair-minded and willing to play devil's advocate. My own mother is the most fair-minded individual you could imagine. She could definitely sit on any jury. But I do agree that the jury selection process will be long and tedious. MOO.
The Gabby Petito hashtag has been viewed hundreds of millions of times. And as this board alone demonstrates quite well, very few people are anything other than totally convinced of BL's guilt. Dude is screwed no matter what happens.

No one cares about this, of course, because the rights of defendants are near the bottom of things we worry about (which is kinda weird, since it was near the top of the list of things the founders of the country were concerned about. But times have changed). I have to laugh at that quote from the agents saying something like "we're not going to make you into a spectacle, Brian," or something to that effect, when they were trying to convince him to turn himself in (no idea how to find that now, with the volumes and volumes of posts/material that's been written about this case just in the last day or two). That's exactly what's gonna happen. Judging from the public sentiment, he might as well put on a bright red dunce cap and wear a sign around his neck saying, "I'M GUILTY!"

Alas - even if LE had done whatever posters would consider a perfect job, the reality is that she would probably have continued the journey with him. I suspect the outcome would be the same. Any intervention with this couple would have to take a lot longer than a road stop.

This has been my point all along. I am not defending BL. I am defending the LE at this stop. they did a great job with the actual witness statements they had. They even attempted to separate them for the night. And they did have a female talking to GP for most of that hour. We just don't see her, or anyone elses, body cam.

Exactly. He also lied to LE about how long he and GB had been traveling in the van. He said 4 or 5 months, most likely to gain sympathy....".aww poor me,..."
They had only been traveling for 1.5 to 2 months.
If he lies about small things, he will lie about the big things.
Oh he was lying, but we already know he was engaging in psychological manipulation of her, and likely prior physical abuse as well as what is looking being the PIO in a likely murder. But that is different than what the cops knew and what they could act on. Even if they had a way to catch him in that lie, what would it mean?

Well, the 911 caller didn't see the whole incident either, because he doesn't say anything about Gabby trying to crawl back into the van. It sounds like Chris might have seen that part but not what came next, and the 911 caller only saw what came next. And no witness reported seeing or hearing BL instigating the chain of events.
The 911 caller had to have seen BL assaulting Gabby BEFORE the other person. So he was assaulting her and she eventually fought back in defense by the time Chris saw her, as Chris had not seen that BL was assaulting her first.

The caller said the man was slapping and hitting her and they ran down the street, so it was before "Chris" described Gabby clawing her way into the vehicle. Of course Chris had no way of knowing it was her own vehicle and there was essentially a carjacking going on. But the 911 call had to be first, describing BL's assault on her.

Last edited:
Apologies if this has been asked & answered but - what verified evidence is there that BL returned alone in the van to his Florida home on or about 1 September (as has been widely reported)?

Is there any confirmed report that the police physically sighted BL inside the Laundrie home during one or more of their visits? Or is the best evidence of BL’s return to the family home simply the “say-so” of his parents?
You make a good point. Has anyone (other than his family) physically seen him in FL? It seems the last physical sighting of him was when the couple near the Tetons gave him a ride.

Do we know who drove the van back from Wyoming? Do we know if anyone can verify he returned to FL?

JMO

Well, the 911 caller didn't see the whole incident either, because he doesn't say anything about Gabby trying to crawl back into the van. It sounds like Chris might have seen that part but not what came next, and the 911 caller only saw what came next. And no witness reported seeing or hearing BL instigating the chain of events.

There are a couple missing bits of evidence I'd like to have here:

1) The 911 call
2) Body cam footage from the female police officer when she was talking with Gabby.

This is a big deal to me. He VERY clearly said she had her phone, keys, and then corrected it and said he had the keys because he didn't have a phone and if she left him he'd be stuck (paraphrasing). He does have a phone, though, so why lie about something small like that?
Because he is (perhaps) a lying liar who lies?

THAT could be really significant. It might indicate that BL was online since the "consumption" title was there - not in a swamp somewhere. Do you know when the title disappeared?
What songs are on the playlist?

Exactly. He also lied to LE about how long he and GB had been traveling in the van. He said 4 or 5 months, most likely to gain sympathy....".aww poor me,..."
They had only been traveling for 1.5 to 2 months.
If he lies about small things, he will lie about the big things.

I thought Gabby's dad also said it had been 4-5 months. They had traveled cross country before.

That said....I hope for a speedy trial once he is caught!

Does anybody feel like speculating on where he may be ASSUMING he has a large wad of cash, if not a vehicle.?
Where would he go? Where would you go if your biog. was similar to all we know about him( and his succulents......)

He's had two weeks of home cooking and TLC or whatever it is that happens..?
Probably well recovered physically if not mentally.
The heat is on..
Where would you hide?
Edited typo

it disappeared today and the profile picture has been deleted. It is important - Spotify is like a social media account in that only the logged in user should be able to edit the playlists unless they are publicly collaboative, Brian and Gabby's aren’t, I checked. So either there’s a wierd blip in Spotify’s code that deleted the profile pic and the title that was manually inputted for Brian’s final playlist or Brian himself has deleted it somehow.

google tells me sometimes Spotify has a bug that deleted playlists and titles but it doesn’t seem to affect a single users single playlist. It affects all thier playlists. Brian and Gabby have 12 playlists. One has had the title deleted.

this *could* be important.

edited to add- I share an account with my partner on Spotify so we are both equally able to access the same spotify account, and I believe Brian and Gabby were doing the same on theirs.

Might be worth reporting to the FBI tips line ... a change in his Spotify account may have an IP address attached.

I keep reading about the Spotify account. I can't imagine with it has to do with anything. Why does it matter?
I'm genuinely baffled why people think its meaningful.

Well, to the poster you were quoting I think the point was that the playlist in question had been deleted today, which one could presume BL deleted it so very much an interesting observation IMO.

Beyond that, the playlist is interesting bc it was created in the timeframe where he would’ve been driving back to FL alone and having just been involved in whatever happened. Maybe not for everyone but for me the music I listen to at a given time reflects mood and thought and can often be a window into what is going on with me.Ir may not mean much in the sense of finding out what happened, but I’d bet most people here have an interest in true crime that typically extends to what makes ppl tick and why they commit crime. I’m sure if that aspect doesn’t interest someone they just scroll onward.

Except that in the police report, written by Eric Pratt (officer who pulled them over) starts with the fact that a call came in saying that he was slapping her.
Both Pratt and robbins police reports say she was slapping him first (without prejudice to whether that was correct)

Does anybody feel like speculating on where he may be ASSUMING he has a large wad of cash, if not a vehicle.?
Where would he got? Where would you go if your biog. was similar to all we know about him( and his succulents............)

He's had two weeks of home cooking and TLC or whatever it is that happens..?
Probably well recovered physically if not mentally.
The heat is on..
Where would you hide?
I certainly wouldn't go to NY, that would be dumb of him, but considering his actions so far, that is probably the first place to look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member