Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wyoming has another offense called "careless driving." 1. A person can be convicted of careless for driving in a way that is without the "due and diligent care normally exercised by a reasonably prudent person," and
2. creates an unreasonable risk of harm to other persons or property.
Penalty:
  • First offense. A first careless driving violation carries up to 20 days in jail and/or a maximum of $200 in fines.
Speeding, hitting curve, not noticing an officer trying to pull you over, locking the owner out of the van, and driving off without her so that she has to enter through the window and across the driver.
I think this could qualify.

Wyoming's Reckless and Careless Driving Laws and Penalties
So Gabbie would get charged with all that for potentially causing it with her self admitted physicals contact while he was driving?

This is similar to the hindsight recommendation that she or both get arrested for DV

A 911 caller described seeing Brian Laundrie 'slapping' Gabby Petito in Utah weeks before she disappeared (yahoo.com)
So he was hitting and slapping her and the police were talking about arresting her?
This is typical of battered women, he made her feel like she was at fault......
I'm so angry that they didn't listen to the witness statement.
Me too. the first officer who was stopping at the cafe typed he thought there was report of a man abusing a female but when the other officers stopping BL and GP together ... she became the aggressor. I was so hoping the female LE would let her calm down and let her explain what happened exactly at the beginning in" more detail"... like ok you were sitting in the cafe and what happened what was said etc..not what you felt but what was said what he said etc etc then step by step go thru what happened Like Judge Judy does.

Wyoming has another offense called "careless driving." 1. A person can be convicted of careless for driving in a way that is without the "due and diligent care normally exercised by a reasonably prudent person," and
2. creates an unreasonable risk of harm to other persons or property.
Penalty:
  • First offense. A first careless driving violation carries up to 20 days in jail and/or a maximum of $200 in fines.
Speeding, hitting curve, not noticing an officer trying to pull you over, locking the owner out of the van, and driving off without her so that she has to enter through the window and across the driver.
I think this could qualify.

Wyoming's Reckless and Careless Driving Laws and Penalties

but this happened in Utah...

The police report clearly and specifically states that nobody claimed that the male struck the female - quite the opposite.
The police report did also not say that the male officer and BL were laughing at her 'well, she is craaazy'. It did not say that the officer sympathized with BL by telling him his ex wife was toxic. That was a biased report.

My apologies if these have already been beaten into the ground, I had to skip a couple threads…

Speaking to the likely unlocking of Gabby’s phone without her, regardless of whatever iOS Apple is currently on, I can attest that it hasn’t been all that long ago in the grand scheme of things when zero iPhones had face recognition; which indicates to me that the phones needed better hardware to enable the face recognition. I just upped from a 7 Plus, which was new 5 years ago, to a 12 Max Pro; and the 7 Plus was still using fingerprint tech.

As for the “Stan” nomenclature used via text, it seems likely to me that Gabby has/had more than one still-living grandfather, based upon her age; and that it was probably easier in conversation with non-immediate family such as Brian to refer to him as “Stan”, and easier to come to her lips now that Gabby was an adult; so that they knew which of the grandpa’s she was talking about.

I also consider it likely that Brian didn’t know Stan well enough to equate him mentally with “Gampy” or whatever Stan’s family name was, because it’s just not as catchy and distinct. I've had a male BFF for about 20 years now, and he's still hard pressed to tell everyone in the family he never met that I refer to, whom he's never met in person, apart from one another.

Thus, IMO it's absolutely possible that someone who's known Gabby all her life would know that she never calls her grandfather "Stan", far more likely than someone who she's dated for only 2 years would know or notice such a fact; and especially if she uses a different personal lexicon when face-to-face with Brian.

(ETA: The above means that I am positive Brian was the brain/fingers behind the text. I thought this was obvious from the context; but apparently I'm not explaining it well anywhere, lol.)

Now, off to learn the new questions I most likely should be answering...

Last edited:
The parents are really interesting in that they seem prepared to “go down with the ship”. I mean, maybe I just don’t understand because I’ve never been one to overly defend my kids (probably to a fault) because I know that kids aren’t always telling the truth and don’t always make smart decisions. I personally would be more likely to let the cops take my kid to jail and then iron things out with a lawyer…and then sue if the police did anything wrong. But the last thing I would want to do is land myself in jail right next door to my own kid. So I don’t understand this silence, this willingness to take it on the chin for a rogue son. I feel like there are a lot of missing pieces. Were the parents also victims of a narcissistic son who controlled them? Were they afraid of him???? Was it the other way around? Such a weird family dynamic.

I think this has been said numerous times. That male policeman did not have to side with BL and put his own personal experiences of his into the equation, causing BL to laugh and humiliated GP. Same outcome but without the blame and the craaaazzy lady stunt.

The most damning statement he made, that people have been pointing at as particularly terrible, is when he said "she's crazy" or something like that. That came out because BL's buddy, good ol Mr. Nice Guy Cop who is just nonchalantly shooting the bull with him, non-sequentially asked him if GP was on medication (or something like that) and BL blurted out "Because she's crazy? ha, kidding. Not that I know of." (something like that) If they were just being professional or leaning on him hard, he might have just said. Not that I know of.

Forgive me if this has been posted. From where they were camped, BL was fairly close to the Moran Junction which is where hwy 287/26 goes east over Togwotee Pass (pronounced toe'-ga-tee) (el. 9,655 feet (2,943 m)) is a mountain pass located on the Continental Divide in the Absaroka Mountains ). BL could have driven to the junction in a short amount of time from the campground and been well on his way East. Its a good route for him to take as there isn't much but a few small towns on that route.
Thanks for including the pronunciation of Togwotee! He could've easily taken the highway to Riverton, then to Casper or Rawlins, Cheyenne, and eventually Denver. I doubt he'd go over the western mountains and go the Buffalo/Sheridan route east. He'd already been in Colorado so he'd at least be familiar with the highways and terrain going south. However, Google Maps is saying to go south out of Jackson to Pinedale and down to Rock Springs. Maybe since he isn't a local he'd go that way?

The witness Chris, did not see the whole incident. He did not call 911, the person who did call 911 said that BL was slapping GP and chasing her. And I dont believe that that male office who spoke about his own 'toxic' ex wife did not know the details of the 911 call. He also did not book BL for going 45 in a 15 mph. Why?

Well, the 911 caller didn't see the whole incident either, because he doesn't say anything about Gabby trying to crawl back into the van. It sounds like Chris might have seen that part but not what came next, and the 911 caller only saw what came next. And no witness reported seeing or hearing BL instigating the chain of events.

THAT could be really significant. It might indicate that BL was online since the "consumption" title was there - not in a swamp somewhere. Do you know when the title disappeared?

I viewed the playlist last night and the title was still there. So it was removed in last 24 hours. Either Spotify (was asked?) to remove the title or someone with access to the account did.

My 2 observations from today's search:

1. I didn't see or hear of anyone checking the camper in the driveway.

2. I didn't see or hear of them using a dog trained in detecting hidden humans at the residence. They're common on the southern border and it wouldn't have taken much to run one through the house.
Camper was searched
https://twitter.com/BrianEntin

My guess? The attorney will say that the Laundrie family is devastated by the loss of their dear Gabby. That she was like a daughter to them. Also, that their prayers and sympathies go out to the Petito family. We've all heard it before. It's obligatory. I'm surprised this wasn't done a few days ago.

The sister didn't bother saying anything even close to that.

It seems that many abusers model learned behavior that they saw while growing up. Don't discount that there may be current abuse from whoever he modeled, and perhaps, one of them wants to do the right thing but is very scared, just like Gabby was.

This is a big deal to me. He VERY clearly said she had her phone, keys, and then corrected it and said he had the keys because he didn't have a phone and if she left him he'd be stuck (paraphrasing). He does have a phone, though, so why lie about something small like that?

I'm not up on the technology, but others here have said that you can have a "phone" that is for internet connection, but not for regular phone service. They could have communicated via a web site or something? Yes, he had a *device*, but I don't know what service(s) that he got from it.

I viewed the playlist last night and the title was still there. So it was removed in last 24 hours. Either Spotify (was asked?) to remove the title or someone with access to the account did.
What’s the playlist under? I’ve heard this multiple times that it’s changed

Well I'm not really looking into it for a deeper message. I'm pointing out that yesterday the playlist had a title, now it does not have a title. I'm not sure what would cause the change other than the creator or Spotify changing the playlist title.

Personally, I think it's a great observation, so well done! I listened to the playlist this weekend and I thought it was so damming that the playlist was publicly listed as being curated by Brian and that it was called "selfconsumption", as if he had put it together for his solo drive home. I used to think Brian has already killed himself, now I wonder if an alive, self-conscious Brian has not gone in and edited it. Again, good catch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DownlowDelivery