Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search intensifies for Gabby Petito; police respond to Laundrie home in Florida

KSL’s Garna Mejia actually ran into a local man who said he and a friend saw Petito’s van as they were spotting for elk on Aug. 29.

“He thought he had seen the white sprinter van described — blacked out rims, wheels,” said Tyler Valentine. “We all live in this small town, so when this stuff happens, we all take a little bit of initiative and try to look out for things.”
LOL I think we posted at the same time.

From the body cam video, both parties were physical during that fight. However, only BL had visible scratches/wounds on him in the video. I’m not giving an opinion either way as I wasn’t there with them and the police during the incident to take an informed side. Videos have a before, during and after as events play out in real time. It’s easy to watch a 10 minute video and pick a side but without personal knowledge of the 2 participants involved and without hearing or seeing the events in real time, we as SM posters can’t really make an informed argument either way. LE were there, they had all of the information… we have only 50% of what they had. People often forget too that it’s up too the parties if they want to proceed with charges. OR, it gets forwarded to the prosecutors office for further investigation in DV cases if the officer isn’t sure who the “at fault” party is. Many times they separate the 2 people (like they did) for the night and after that the prosecutors office may pursue the charges from the states angle which ends up being a summons by mail. So law enforcement did their due diligence, it was up to those 2 the next day to stay separated or get back together and continue the unhealthy relationship.
Did you watch it? Both Gabby and BL said he left marks on her. She said her face still hurt. She showed the officer how BL jammed her head back by pushing the chin and smashing her face with his fingers. She showed him wounds/marks whatever you want to call them. What you say is just not true, and we've posted on this over and over on the thread.

Last edited:
Apologies if this has been asked & answered but - what verified evidence is there that BL returned alone in the van to his Florida home on or about 1 September (as has been widely reported)?

Is there any confirmed report that the police physically sighted BL inside the Laundrie home during one or more of their visits? Or is the best evidence of BL’s return to the family home simply the “say-so” of his parents?

All the articles I’ve found regarding this only reference that BL’s parents “refused LE requests” to speak to their son. Basically just turned them away I guess without a line of sight on him?! Makes zero sense LE wouldn’t have gotten a physical eye on him at any point.

On Sept. 14, police executed a search warrant for the van that she and Laundrie had traveled in.

Inside the vehicle, crime scene technicians found the external hard drive at the center of the Sept. 15 search warrant. Police believe the storage device might have “viable digital forensic data” on it that could help them in their investigation.

….

Additionally, the warrant gives police access to any digital documents, notes, passwords, encryptions or data security devices which might keep them from accessing the hardware, software, or data on the devices, as well as all data and files associated with the external device.

Gabby Petito investigation: North Port police search warrant provides new details | WFLA

Here we go. These kids were filming everything they do, so there should be some stuff that isn't going to look good for BL. Maybe evidence of bruising, or maybe outright physically hitting her while the camera was running

Yes and apparently that was not relayed to the cops making the stop, but instead the other witness who categorically said Gabbie initiated the violence.

We do not have all the information yet, but we do know for a fact that the information the police at the stop seem to have had was that of the independent witness who saw her initiate the
violence. Along with Gabbie's own statement that she did.

Again I do not think that is the entire story, and certainly some of the behavior and apparent bias of cops at the scene is troubling, but your citation is NOT what the witness who they spoke to said
The witness Chris, did not see the whole incident. He did not call 911, the person who did call 911 said that BL was slapping GP and chasing her. And I dont believe that that male office who spoke about his own 'toxic' ex wife did not know the details of the 911 call. He also did not book BL for going 45 in a 15 mph. Why?

Gabby Petito Case Live Updates: Fury at police as Brian Laundrie remains missing, no word on further search

Public Information Officer Josh Taylor released a statement saying that law enforcement "exhausted all avenues in searching of the grounds there" and that agencies continued searching for Laundrie but did not specify where the search was taking place or if the department was involved in the investigations.

….

Gabby Petito's father, Joseph Petito, believes that her fiance Brian Laundrie's parents were complicit in her disappearance, but can they be charged with her death?

Prior to the discovery of what is likely Gabby Petito's remains, her father appeared on Dr. Phil and called Brian's parents, Chris and Roberta Laundrie, complicit in what happened to her because of their son's actions.

Search warrant describes "tension" between Petito and Laundrie
A search warrant obtained by North Port Police reveals more details about Gabby Petito's trip with her fiancé Brain Laundrie.

There is verifiable evidence that the van returned on 9/1 at about 10:30 at night. But the verification was done by passing through a toll booth and picture of the vehicle and lic plate, but there was no indication there was any picture of who was driving the vehicle. I don't believe there were any sources that related anyone actually seeing BL in FL since 9/1.

The van returned the morning of 9/1 per the search warrant

Destroying

Destroying the pins will not destroy the data, a standard drive format will not destroy the data, taking a magnet to the drive will not destroy the data. Your average computer user isn't going to know how to PERMANENTLY destroy a drive so that nothing can be recovered. Source: My career is in IT Security.

I also work in IT Security as a Penetration Tester/Ethical Hacker. There is plenty of awful advice online about how to securely destroy hard drives as I'm sure you know, but if someone has any kind of sense it's very easy to find drive wiping software. I've not seen a mechanical hard drive that was made in donkey years where data recovery has been successful against even a single wipe of 0's and we have a number of colleagues in our forensics team who are former National Crime Agency here in the UK (FBI equiv) . SSD's are a bit of a different animal and I can see someone getting themselves unstuck thinking a drive wiper will work the same.

Has anyone noticed that the Spotify playlist Brian made on his way home from Wyoming has had its name dropped on Spotify?

The Spotify account for reference is 'NomadicStatik.' The playlist Brian created on August, 30th was titled 'selfconsumption.' It now does not have a title.
Let’s hope someone screenshot that. Is that traceable on Spotify’s end?

And they decided to ignore an eye witness saying he was slapping and hitting her.
We still don't know if the "they" to whom you refer is the dispatcher. We can't presume the "they" is the cops tasked to answer the call. We do know the cops had the testimony of "Chris" as well as Gabbie's admission.

This is without prejudice to all of us agreeing more training is needed, as well as the clear bias by the lead cop's "talk" in the last few minutes in the patrol car. that is right out of stepford wives

Good post. BL also mentions he was afraid of her leaving in van without him. He says this around 14:35 mark body came YT video posted by fox 13 Tampa. He gives this as the reason he kept the van keys during the altercation.

My guess is threats of this were made throughout the trip. BL to GP.

Also it’s interesting he tells LE he doesn’t have a phone around the 14:35 mark, but he does because GP tells the officer to remind him to bring his phone charger. And that’s how they will communicate in the morning.
It has made me wonder if he did indeed leave her with the van when he was purportedly in Fl for the 6 days and she was in a hotel.

For some reason this comment made me realize if BL was a true crime buff, like has been stated somewhere (confirmation unknown) then he could be on this forum checking in on these threads. That's a weird thought.

Several cases have caused me to refrain from posting a “thought” of what the POI or Suspect might do or what they may have planned in order to help ‘cover their tracks’ for this very reason. Websleuths is very well known and reputable. I wouldn’t be a bit surprised if people connected with the crime read about themselves here. I sure don’t want to help offer ideas that would help the guilty go free and justice not be served.

Has anyone noticed that the Spotify playlist Brian made on his way home from Wyoming has had its name dropped on Spotify?

The Spotify account for reference is 'NomadicStatik.' The playlist Brian created on August, 30th was titled 'selfconsumption.' It now does not have a title.

I keep reading about the Spotify account. I can't imagine with it has to do with anything. Why does it matter?
I'm genuinely baffled why people think its meaningful.

The BL family lawyer isn't in North Port. He's on Long Island. What self-respecting lawyer involved in a case this huge, keeps himself over 1300 miles away from his clients?
He should be outside The Laundrie residence arranging for his client's protection. He's left them dangling with an angry country ready to do them harm. I wonder why he's THERE and they're in North Port.
Is BL hiding out on Long Island?

This is a big deal to me. He VERY clearly said she had her phone, keys, and then corrected it and said he had the keys because he didn't have a phone and if she left him he'd be stuck (paraphrasing). He does have a phone, though, so why lie about something small like that?

I think he was lying most of the time and simply a missed red flag by LE.

His description of her attacking him was bumpy. He stumbles, corrects himself etc.

Her description of him grabbing her face, is deliberate and specific. Grabbing a face sounds like you’re the one in control... not this storyline of flailing hands, nail, rings, phone in his face.

IDK many things were missed here IMO.

Did you watch it? Both Gabby and BL said he left marks on her. She said her face still hurt. She showed the officer how BL jammed her head back by pushing the chin and smashing her face with his fingers. She showed him wounds/marks whatever you want to call them. What you say is just not true, and we've posted on this over and over on the thread.

But they were defensive marks; he was pushing her away from him because she was slapping him. It matters.

On the other hand, current evidence suggests he could be violent with her . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow