Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m interested that the Laundrie parents’ lawyer has done a good job about advising everyone to stay silent but then the Lawyer himself schedules a press conference. I know we have some lawyers here, I’m curious if you agree with this move? It may be hard to speculate without knowing what the lawyer has to say but I have to admit that while I very much dislike the silence, it’s effective. If the lawyer wants to arrange a time to discuss the possibility of BL turning himself in to LE (just speculation) or comment on the case, it seems like those comments would best serve everyone if he directed them to the appropriate LE? I understand the press want answers, but they’re not really entitled to answers. I don’t agree with the moves of BL or his parents but I would think that in such a frenzied case, fewer words would be best in a court of law if it comes to that. I’m surprised at this move by the lawyer and curious what others make of this. All above is JMO.

Destroying
Destroying the pins will not destroy the data, a standard drive format will not destroy the data, taking a magnet to the drive will not destroy the data. Your average computer user isn't going to know how to PERMANENTLY destroy a drive so that nothing can be recovered. Source: My career is in IT Security.
three zero-write, zeroization is what DoD required and what was sufficient for many years. If anything this has been reduced to new NIST standards which are single write of a pattern to all addressable memory of a pattern. With SDD and the constant drop in memory prices, physical destruction is cost effective.
NIST 800 sanitation of your drives can be done with publicly available free software

A 911 caller described seeing Brian Laundrie 'slapping' Gabby Petito in Utah weeks before she disappeared (yahoo.com)
So he was hitting and slapping her and the police were talking about arresting her?
This is typical of battered women, he made her feel like she was at fault......
I'm so angry that they didn't listen to the witness statement.

They had a 911 caller who said he was hitting her. I am not sure how much detail they included in the BOLO. Could have just said a DV incident and didn't say who was hitting who. I don't know if the 911 caller ever gave a statement to a cop. They did have a witness statement from "Christopher" who said he didn't see him hit her.

Apologies if this has been asked & answered but - what verified evidence is there that BL returned alone in the van to his Florida home on or about 1 September (as has been widely reported)?

Is there any confirmed report that the police physically sighted BL inside the Laundrie home during one or more of their visits? Or is the best evidence of BL’s return to the family home simply the “say-so” of his parents?
There is verifiable evidence that the van returned on 9/1 at about 10:30 at night. But the verification was done by passing through a toll booth and picture of the vehicle and lic plate, but there was no indication there was any picture of who was driving the vehicle. I don't believe there were any sources that related anyone actually seeing BL in FL since 9/1.

Ok, so lets say they did all those things. Given that they both had marks, she admits to slapping and hitting him and he still only claims he pushed her away. legally, how should it end? GP arrested. BL arrested? Both arrested?

(Also, they were actually talking about taking GB to a motel instead of jail when they asked BL if they had money for a motel. )

Alas - even if LE had done whatever posters would consider a perfect job, the reality is that she would probably have continued the journey with him. I suspect the outcome would be the same. Any intervention with this couple would have to take a lot longer than a road stop.

I love y’all but I don’t understand how these threads continue to have questions and confusion about items that are readily available in the public record. The search warrant has detailed information about not just the brand and model number but the serial number of the hard drive. And we’re still wasting messages debating it?

What exactly should they have done? Forced their way into the home after the parents refused them entry? I genuinely want to know what people expected them to do of someone they had zero proof had committed a crime.
I think there is a certain police procedural TV aspect to some people's views of law enforcement resources and limits on enforcement thanks (for good and bad) to the ACLU.

FBI ends search of Laundrie home in Gabby Petito case

UPDATE
Federal investigators said Monday evening that they had finished with their search of the Florida home of the parents of Brian Laundrie
, a “person of interest” in the disappearance of Long Island native Gabby Petito.

“#UPDATE The #FBI search at the Laundrie residence in North Port has concluded,” the agency’s Tampa, Fla., office tweeted at 6:21 p.m. — after agents spent hours at the North Port home gathering potential evidence in the missing-persons-turned-apparent death investigation.

Tonight 8 pm est The Interview Room

Join Chris to discuss the Gabby Petito & Brian Laundrie case with special guest Jake, a Grand Teton/Yellowstone wilderness expert. And he dives into Barry Morphew's arrest affidavit, released today, now that Barry is out of jail. Join us!

Good post. BL also mentions he was afraid of her leaving in van without him. He says this around 14:35 mark body came YT video posted by fox 13 Tampa. He gives this as the reason he kept the van keys during the altercation.

My guess is threats of this were made throughout the trip. BL to GP.

Also it’s interesting he tells LE he doesn’t have a phone around the 14:35 mark, but he does because GP tells the officer to remind him to bring his phone charger. And that’s how they will communicate in the morning.
This is a big deal to me. He VERY clearly said she had her phone, keys, and then corrected it and said he had the keys because he didn't have a phone and if she left him he'd be stuck (paraphrasing). He does have a phone, though, so why lie about something small like that?

I know nothing about that area but just looking at images of the area just between where they were camped and the dam I don't see why you would need a trail unless its marshy or those creeks are faster than they look in the helicopter footage. Not like trying to go off trail up in those mountains or in the Smokies. Looking at that route along 191 it looks like some place you could graze cattle. Someone set me straight. I am not talking about up in the mountains, just down there in the flats.

I've been here before (back in 2019) and remember it being pretty much flat driving around in the park and easily walkable. Some areas of the park have a bike path that runs parallel to the road, but even in other areas without the path, you could technically walk alongside the road or just off it and it would for the most part be easy, flat walking. MOO

Has anyone noticed that the Spotify playlist Brian made on his way home from Wyoming has had its name dropped on Spotify?

The Spotify account for reference is 'NomadicStatik.' The playlist Brian created on August, 30th was titled 'selfconsumption.' It now does not have a title.

Ok, so lets say they did all those things. Given that they both had marks, she admits to slapping and hitting him and he still only claims he pushed her away. legally, how should it end? GP arrested. BL arrested? Both arrested?

(Also, they were actually talking about taking GB to a motel instead of jail when they asked BL if they had money for a motel. )

Alas - even if LE had done whatever posters would consider a perfect job, the reality is that she would probably have continued the journey with him. I suspect the outcome would be the same. Any intervention with this couple would have to take a lot longer than a road stop.

Forgive me if this has been posted. From where they were camped, BL was fairly close to the Moran Junction which is where hwy 287/26 goes east over Togwotee Pass (pronounced toe'-ga-tee) (el. 9,655 feet (2,943 m)) is a mountain pass located on the Continental Divide in the Absaroka Mountains ). BL could have driven to the junction in a short amount of time from the campground and been well on his way East. Its a good route for him to take as there isn't much but a few small towns on that route.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-09-20 at 3.54.03 PM.png
    Screenshot 2021-09-20 at 3.54.03 PM.png
    554 KB · Views: 15
Not only is this the fastest moving thread that I have ever seen here on WS, it is the fasting moving missing persons case. I am thankful that LE was able to close in on GP's last known location using all of the information and resources available to them and in doing so, locate what we believe to be her body (may she RIP.) I am extremely sad for her loss, yet grateful that her family did not have to wait months or years for answers. And to reiterate a thought I posted several threads back, I have complete faith that the men and women of the FBI will find BL before long. MOO.

Some interesting stuff in the warrant. Apparently her van’s license plate was read as it entered North Port via the Sumter Blvd. exit of I-75 on September 1, 2021 at 10:26 am.

rsbm

IDK about other states but Florida is amazing in the ability to track vehicles. (See Dan Markel, etc)
So I am sure they know when and where he (the van) entered the state.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Egladva