Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A few thoughts (and questions)

do we know what time on the 27th the “Stan” text was sent? We have the time stamp on the YouTuber van video… the evening of the 27th - was the text before or after that?

I think she did send the Stan text. Maybe something was wrong, or she was out of it for one reason or another - but I don’t see the point in BL sending a message like that. He lived with her long enough to presumably know what she called her grandparents… and if he didn’t know who “Stan” was (and didn’t know he was family) - why would he know to text her mother to ask for assistance?

I think she died late on the 27th or some time on the 28th. I have no real theories about what happened - other than I don’t see it being anything planned - but rather, something spontaneous - induced either by some kind of episode or some other kind of mind-altering situation. For now, I’m leaving open the possibility of an accidental death for which BL could have been (or thought he could have been) held responsible. I won’t get into specifics here, but I have a few in mind (not likely, but possible).

I do not think he was picked up by the tiktok people - I think they are mistaken as to identity (much like the Idaho sighting). If he was picked up by a couple, he would be in the back seat. Presumably the FBI has by now looked for physical evidence (fingerprints, hair, dna) to verify whether he was there or not. Either way, the story is odd and the details don’t quite make sense to me. Not ruling it out, but that’s how I’m currently leaning.

Why is the 8/30 text message not mentioned in the warrant? Is it bc they don’t think she sent it herself, or is it bc it’s not verified that such a text was ever sent? I do NOT think she sent it - and this one (to me) seems like just a way to buy some time.

the warrant says her phone was turned off on 9/1. That means someone either turned it off (physically) or it ran out of power. I am anxiously awaiting the electronic/phone data, which is obviously a key part of this.

That trip back to florida… Haven’t heard much in the way of official mention by LE… they aren’t asking for people who saw him traveling, etc - which could mean they know it didn’t happen, or they know it’s true (that he went to move stuff in or out of storage, verified by airline records etc, and it’s not relevant), or…?

Gabby was supposed to meet up with a friend at Yellowstone for her birthday. Perhaps Brian told his parents that she stayed with girlfriend instead of returning home with him. It doesn't explain why they refused to talk to Gabby's parents though...

Brian Laundrie does not have DNA or fingerprints on file, correct? Does he have a passport? Could he have used it before Gabby was found deceased? Facial recognition won’t help with masks on either…..the
FBI has quite a challenge finding him I’m afraid. Three days head start and probably pointed in the wrong direction?

We know GP had the van registration in her name only, but was the van title under his name? Or both their names? A vehicle can be titled and registered under 2 names or one of the 2.

I know I’ve had vehicles tilted in my name but registration was under my kids name because they drove it regularly, not me. Has this been verified yet?

I have never heard of a registration being different than the title. Are you sure you don't mean title and insurance? In any case Brian is not on the title. Her family says it was her car. And being on insurance does not give him legal rights to the car.

Gabby was supposed to meet up with a friend at Yellowstone for her birthday. Perhaps Brian told his parents that she stayed with girlfriend instead of returning home with him. It doesn't explain why they refused to talk to Gabby's parents though...

Brian Laundrie does not have DNA or fingerprints on file, correct? Does he have a passport? Could he have used it before Gabby was found deceased? Facial recognition won’t help with masks on either…..the
FBI has quite a challenge finding him I’m afraid. Three days head start and probably pointed in the wrong direction?

Why wouldn't she have just asked for help from the cop who separated them?

Probably because she was scared. It takes an average of seven times to leave an abusive relationship (if I'm right about her being the abused one, not BL). What I don't get is why wasn't the 911 call where the witness saw BL hit her, go up & down the block, hit her again, communicated to the police who only were concerned for BL & his marks on his face. Also he said he put mark on her too but they only took pics of BL's injuries, not Gabby's.

Why wouldn't she have just asked for help from the cop who separated them?
I’ve thought about this for a few days - the act of gabby being the one placed into the back seat of the police car may signal to her that she is in big trouble… anything that happened after will forever be clouded by her being the one placed in the patrol car and had they known the true nature of the 911 call we heard(gabby being struck by BL) - I think the entire approach to this stop would have been altered Starting with the reckless act of the Vans driver BL (speeding) and placing him in the police car and not gabby - she was never going to be able to get away from him if she couldn’t even do it in front of armed LE
JMO

Interesting on the ground perspective from the city of North Port public information officer's Twitter.
https://twitter.com/JoshTaylorPIO?s=09
with all those palm meadows Brian better be more worried about a piney wood rooter then alligtors....I know i have come across a few of them hunting and i think i would have rather seen a gator!

At the end of Gabby's one youtube video;
a box comes up to take you to another video
but it says 'This video is unavailable'

Is that because Gabby set it up ready to link to her newest video, but she never got to upload another?
Or is that because there was another video, but it's been taken down?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-09-22 01.43.49.png
    Screenshot 2021-09-22 01.43.49.png
    582.6 KB · Views: 77
That would be a shock IMO. I can't think of a reason he would with the way he acted
I think an overwhelming majority of people around the world who’ve been following the case would agree with your sentiment of shock. I personally wouldn’t be shocked if it were true as l still believe he didn’t mean to harm or kill her. But I know I am very much in the minority with that theory. /JMO

Last edited:
Agreed. Living in Florida, you just know there are gators around. There was one literally walking in my neighborhood and I live in a large, gated neighborhood with people all around. You just call the trapper and they are relocated. Now, would I dive into a gator-infested swamp and try to give one a hug? No. But would knowing an area had a lot of gators stop me from hiking there? Also no.
The no-see-ums would be relentless, it would be miserable! MOO

"Schultz said she saw the van on Aug. 26, when she and her Blue Heeler, Rosie, were headed to a dispersed campsite to meet with Schultz’s friends. As Schultz pulled around the van, she decided to check out who was inside to see if they were people who would want to chat or join their group.

Once seeing the man was much younger than her crowd, Schultz decided to pass on the invite and kept moving.
-------------------------------------
"Schultz said that what was unusual about the van during the second sighting was that there were no indications that anyone was camping there — and it was not in a designated parking spot. Normally, parked campers will do things like put out a hammock or table, or open a window, Schultz said.

Schultz said she thinks she and her friends saw the van in the same spot for a third day, on Aug. 28, and were surprised it hadn’t been booted by then — because it was not in a designated parking spot. She doesn’t recall seeing it on Aug. 29."

Gabby Petito case: What one witness saw near the Tetons may help FBI unravel mystery
Gabby Petito case: What one witness saw near the Tetons may help FBI unravel mystery

Yeah, apparently it was only seen about 30 minutes after investigators left the scene, so it couldn't have been there long. IMO

Well, obviouisly it wasn't found while investigators were there, since the scene was cordoned off. I'm not sure why finding it half an hour later means it's been there awhile.

He gets points for creativity. I did go to college with a girl who cut off her thumb on purpose to try to win back a boyfriend, so I suppose stranger things have happened!
Wow.
One can always get another boyfriend.
The same cannot be said for fingers…

Imagine explaining that to the next guy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member