Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
. I read elsewhere, that she was found near where that couple traveling through GT NP filming the scenery, and later noticing that her van was in their video, reported the van being located. They sent a clip to LE showing the van by the side of the road.

I don't know if it's true, that LE was able to use that as a starting point in their eventually successful search, but it would explain why LE felt that contribution to their info collected from the public was so significant. Does anyone here know, if her remains were found in the general vicinity of the van sighting by that couple traveling through?

And here's a link to an article quoting that female officer at the scene of LE's questioning of GP and BL re: the domestic violence report:
i-can-still-hear-her-voice-arches-park-ranger-warned-gabby-petito-relationship-seemed-toxic-brian
I thought she was more compassionate toward GP on the video but wasn't the lead officer

I have never heard of a registration being different than the title. Are you sure you don't mean title and insurance? In any case Brian is not on the title. Her family says it was her car. And being on insurance does not give him legal rights to the car.
In New York state, a car registration is required yearly. The title is the owner of the car - be it a bank, loan agency or individual if the car was paid off.

I think Gabby's body will be released to her family today after the Autopsy is completed.

They will take tissue and blood samples in order to preserve her at the ME's office or in case they need to run more tests.

This is so sad, so very sad....

Great video. John Walsh is an all around good guy. Down to earth, straight to the point, and tells it like it is. He's right about the the cops needing to get into that home sooner and what he says about a "person of interest". Can't wait to watch his program tomorrow. Thanks for sharing =)
John Walsh telling it like it is. How many of you also were saying/thinking/yelling: F* YEAH. This case is so maddening.

I think an overwhelming majority of people around the world who’ve been following the case would agree with your sentiment of shock. I personally wouldn’t be shocked if it were true as l still believe he didn’t mean to harm or kill her. But I know I am very much in the minority with that theory. /JMO

He may have not meant to kill her but if he's the type of person to black out due to rage, he may not have known or realized what happened until after the fact.

This is my first attempt to post a comment since this all started. The opening and closing of threads were so rapid, it seemed faster than the news coverage on this story.'

First of all I find it so remarkable that Gabby was found so quickly considering the vast area that was in front of them. I'm not a camper, if you see one tree, you've seen them all IMO.

I woke up this morning thinking about the Park Ranger (female) at the traffic stop. I really wondered about her and what she must be feeling knowing now how this was all happening. Then I turned on

Fox News and she has actually now made. She was of the belief that Gabby was in a toxic relationship. Spoke to Gabby about how this could be a opportunity for her to move into a new path of life. She spent time trying to talk to Gabby about basically removing herself from this relationship. I wish I wrote down exactly what she said in her statement but I didn't. I'm sure it will be on the news again as the day goes by.

This indicates to me that the officer's who did all the talking, the one's who put BL into the victim box have to also know at this point too, that it's one and the same from that traffic stop.

Lastly, is it possible that when the two separate witnesses called in to report the altercation of BL and Gabby that they were routed to different dispatch offices, so they weren't connected to the actual traffic stop? They received the report that Gabby was hitting him and that's the information they had in order to make the stop? I'm trying my hardest to understand why they never considered Gabby

was the victim and her reaction was what was seen by the witness?

I agree with you about the female officer. She was the only one who spent time talking with Gabby. I so wish she could have had more input with that stop. It would have been nice if the female officer were in charge, things may have been better for Gabby

Why wouldn't she have just asked for help from the cop who separated them?
Seriously. Sometimes I think people here get so caught up in looking for small clues that they miss the big picture. One of the reasons police separate the couple in these situations is so that they feel safe to speak freely. Why would any person rely on some furtive half second hand gesture when they are having a one-on-one conversation with the police completely separated from the other party? Most of the time a banana is just a banana

It’s been reported that this “reserve” is full of snakes, alligators and mosquitoes. Maybe it’s just me, but if my child told me they were going to visit this place, I would question their sanity and likely call someone for help or back up. These parents claim their son went there few days ago. AND YOU’RE OK WITH THAT? They haven’t called for someone to go find him? Either they figure oh well, he’s a super good alligator wrestler, or they know he’s gone elsewhere and he’s safe. Why didn’t they call the police and say listen, something is wrong with him, he’s gone in there, or he’s been in there over night (!!!), please go find him! Who in their right mind would allow a family member to go there and stay there?!

RSBM

Each section of the country has its own perils that freak out those who are unfamiliar with the area. I go out and sleep in areas where bears have come right up to my tent and sniffed my head, and I'm cool with that, but other people may think that's nuts. I was raised here and learned bear safety and trust that my knowledge will keep me from being eaten or attacked. I imagine people who live in areas where there are venomous snakes or spiders or Grizzlies or sharks or any other scary creatures have learned how to behave around them and keep themselves safe, too.

As this website has shown us all, the most dangerous animal out there is humankind, yet those of us who hike share the trail with them all the time without being killed/maimed. I would be more worried about my family members running into a human monster than anything in the woods.

MOO.

I really can't deal with JB and his investigator stressing repeatedly that this is not a homicide investigation, it's a missing person investigation. 22 year old women don't just drop dead. It is a suspicious death per se. If you don't want to call it a homicide investigation, call it a suspicious death investigation (which is what is called in my state). But to keep saying it is a missing person investigation really demeans what happened to Gabby IMO. She's not hanging out somewhere waiting to be found. She is dead. And the only person who can answer right now what happened is in hiding.

I just saw
I’m so sorry asking for links again and again this morning. I searched and cat find the link to John Walsh talking about this

I just saw the video between page 4 - 6 of this thread. Possibly 3 if you can't find it on the above pages first.

A graphic designer who was at the Bridger-Teton National Forest in late August may have been the key to authorities finding the body over the weekend. The grim discovery turned a high-profile missing-person’s case into a potential murder mystery, with a nomadic “van-life” couple at the center.

Jessica Schultz says she alerted the FBI about a strange man she says she had encountered driving a van in the area and “acting weird” days after Petito was last seen alive.
Gabby Petito Tipster Recalls Guy in Van ‘Acting Weird’ Near Camping Area Where Body Was Found
Interesting, that is a different person than the YouTuber who caught the video, correct?

I agree with you about the female officer. She was the only one who spent time talking with Gabby. I so wish she could have had more input with that stop. It would have been nice if the female officer were in charge, things may have been better for Gabby
That has been my thought as well. At least NPS could have taken her or checked on her later to make sure she got to her camp site and was OK. I've actually had an NPS officer do that for me before and they do look out for campers/hikers etc. I know they are overwhelmed at Arches with it being so so crowded, maybe this just was not possible.

Does anyone remember this case of the two young fugitives in Canada in 2019... Kam McLeod and Bryer Schmegelsky, who had killed three people, one in Alaska, and went on the run? They were survivalists. It was a major manhunt through several provinces, over several weeks. Even the Canadian military were involved. They were eventually found in the northern Manitoba wilderness, and had committed suicide.

This reminds me a bit of that. But I believe Brian is no survivalist and wouldn't last in the wilderness. If he is in hiding in that reserve, he will be found dead if at all, imo.

Then who knows, he may have managed to leave the area, even the country. Or he could be hiding amongst the homeless population in a city...probably a better option in surviving.
Canadian fugitives who murdered three planned to kill more, say police
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/bodies-found-manhunt-fugitives-1.5239053

I think she was a park ranger.. I do wonder if that bodycam footage has been FOIA'd. Would be interesting to see that dialogue too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spurr15