Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
While I can see some of this - him not telling them, him going to CR. It was said that Police (not sure if it was LE or park police) left a note to move the car. Not sure how the parents knew this. They move the car on Wednesday. But to me the rest just seems off with their demeaner. They don't come right out and give the full details - when he left, how, the car pickup, etc....If you were concerned about someone's welfare, are you going to hold back information and then sit inside and not try to figure out if they could be other places that LE isn't searching? I don't know, at this point the craziness doesn't stop so anything is possible...IMO
Liars maybe. Or it could be the family is having a break from reality and are having trouble knowing what day it is from moment to moment.

I suspect that the mustang was in the garage all the time that he was home and the van was parked behind it until it was towed away. That may be why we never saw the mustang until Wednesday of last week. He may have stashed supplies in the trunk. Then, reportedly drove the mustang to the park where his parents scooped it up late Tuesday or early Wednesday. Also, if it is true that an empty gun case was found in the mustang by LE after it had been returned to the driveway, his parents certainly saw it and knew that he had the gun. They may not have known that until after they picked up the mustang from the park...but then they worried that he was suicidal yet waited til Friday to invite LE to speak with them. JMO SORRY for repost!! I had to repost to get rid of it in reply box.
No way that mustang was in that garage.

We don't know that. They could have a family friend lawyer that helps them with there real estate dealings. When the parents find out she is missing from GPs family they could have contacted the lawyer right then. Or even after the cops showed up they could have said Contact Our Lawyer and then called the lawyer to tell him they just dropped him into the mess they were now creating

LE was presented with the lawyers card upon arrival at the home, so it's clear as far as I'm concerned. JMO

Going back over Gabby's videos and I realized just how talented she was. She must've spent hours working on those vlogs, they were very cleanly edited and the production value was one you'd expect from a full-time YouTuber.

She had her stuff together, a very focused young lady, and would have succeeded at them, BL seemed like he just wanted to goof off, and distract her from her goals.

I completely agree that it's not important to LE at this point. But I'm curious as to whether it was a story she told her family as to not worry them that they were having issues on this long trip, or if it actually happened. It's bizarre to me that it would happen in the middle of a planned trip anyway.
I had asked in a previous thread about whether there had been something solid that shows he went to FL, such as plate readers or plane tickets. Never heard one way or the other & it's not readily available in msm. That I'm able to find anyway.

It matters because it's a strange thing to do, thus we have to imagine that there were strange reasons to do it.

Did he actually go to FL? Did he actually move his and her things from a storage unit? Did they even pay for a storage unit? Was he plotting the murder at that time?

There are lots of reasons it is relevant even if we know she was still alive.

I arrived last night in Grand Teton. The road back into Spread Creek Dispersed Camp Area was open. The area is close to Triangle X ranch. I drove back there a mile or so, it’s a rough road and was very deserted. It felt eerie, and a bit wrong to be back there. There were a couple of cars pulling into the entrance and doing a turnaround as I came back out. They were likely looky-loos like me. Nothing else to report.

2B83AFE1-8312-4FDA-854F-FB3429E4A5E2.jpeg A5478B9C-F7BE-4864-B2A1-DDD32FFB6592.jpeg

We know GP had the van registration in her name only, but was the van title under his name? Or both their names? A vehicle can be titled and registered under 2 names or one of the 2.

I know I’ve had vehicles tilted in my name but registration was under my kids name because they drove it regularly, not me. Has this been verified yet?

Gabby went into this adventure with a goal and a purpose. She worked and saved to follow her dream. Not my dream but hers.

I try to find what was Brian’s dream? Everybody has to have some kind of goal. Following one’s girlfriend isn’t it!

Bryan had no purpose other than to drive and pose for Gabby's photos.

Bryan should have been in the real world of working and studying to be able to get some kind of job to support himself.

I’ve written that I see the signs of enabling between Brian and his parents.

My dear friend enables her alcoholic son and it’s a tragedy.

BBM

I believe he wanted to continue to live in the van and work on organic farms in Oregon.

MOO: I agree with you that their goals did not mesh. Certainly, he has some luddite tendencies and seemed at the very least ambivalent about technology and SM. Likely introverted as well, based on the few reports we have. GP was obviously more gregarious and involved with tech. They do seem mismatched.

Last edited:
It's been a while since I've posted on WS, (Hello from the Heather Elvis threads) but this case has brought me right back in.

Where is Gabby's phone and laptop? Does the FBI have access to her iCloud account? Other accounts? I'm positive LE can clone the IMEI to another iPhone to gain all sorts of information that is available from the applications that were installed.

As far as being able to make the drive in one trip, some of you might be amazed at the capabilities of the human body. About a decade ago, I drove a fully loaded Expedition towing a fully loaded Uhaul trailer from Kansas City, MO to Corpus Christi, TX, unloaded the SUV, unloaded the trailer, set a few things up in the new apartment, drove back to Kansas City, MO, loaded the SUV and the Uhaul again, and made it to Dallas before I was too tired to go further. It was 13 hours to get there, 2 hours of unloading, 12 hours to get back, 4 hours to re-load my belongings, and then 7 hours to Dallas. That's 38 hours straight. I was not in as good of physical shape as BL, didn't have his youth, and did not have the adrenaline boost of, ya know, allegedly murdering someone, and even then, it was possible.

I think the guy on the Trail Cam looks very similar to BL, but HOLY CRAPOLA imagine capturing that on your Trail Cam? Everyone buy Trail Cams. That image is shocking no matter what.
As far as we know they have her laptop but not her phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackie&Tim