Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I worked in a courthouse with my main focus being DV cases, but also worked criminal and family cases among others. In one case a young father had finally become so violent with his infant that authorities were called in and came to the conclusion he’d been abusing this baby for months. He decided to run into the woods. In the charging documents/affidavits it said he went in the woods with a rope (or similar item) climbed to the highest point of a tree that he could and sat there for hours trying to build up the courage to hang himself. He couldn’t do it.

I find it surprising that he climbed so high in the tree.
Maybe he was bad at knots and thought if it slipped at least the fall would kill him

Here's a short MSM piece mentioning the possible trail camera photo of BL near Baker, FL. The photo was from early yesterday morning (9/20/21, 6:17 am)

OCSO addresses social media speculation of possible Brian Laundrie sighting | WKRG

The photo does look kind of like him. Some have compared the backpack to whatever is on the seat of the dashcam video of the white van in the Spread Creek Dispersed campsite.

On the other hand, the trail cam photo is very dim and could easily be of some other guy. And now the FBI is searching in the Carlton Reserve. So they probably don't think it was BL near Baker.

JMO

For a̶r̶g̶u̶m̶e̶n̶t̶'̶s̶ discussion's sake, I tried to make this photo of Brian as crappy as the trail cam footage. I personally don't think it's him because the nose appears turned up, the ears look smaller and his facial hair doesn't appear as prominent. Brian also has a pretty significant amount of dark arm hair that I would imagine could appear darker on the trail cam. I also don't see him carrying his backpack on one shoulder like he's going to high school - I think he'd go with the two-shoulder approach, especially if he was doing a major hike like all the way from North Port to Baker, FL.

What do you guys think?

Attachments

• trailcam.jpg
    trailcam.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 204
Ugh, watching the aerial footage of where they are searching for BL made my heart sink. If he is there, alive or not, I don't know how they could possibly find him. I have to believe they must have an excellent reason to be searching there.

Another poster mentioned that it looks like the stone cross has been there a while because of the indentations in the sand beneath the rocks. In this photo you can also see that leaves are stuck under the rocks which also supports the idea that the cross at some point was in flowing water.
Gabby Petito memorial found where body was discovered
petito-cross03.jpg
Yep that was me who connected on that. This higher resolution shot also confirms this has been there a while by the middle rock actually has sand over the top where its built up. The indents are more visable - this has 100% had water pooling around it or running around it. Meaning its been here more than just a few days. The sand is also a texture what happens when there is rain heavy enough to cause it.

We know GP had the van registration in her name only, but was the van title under his name? Or both their names? A vehicle can be titled and registered under 2 names or one of the 2.

I know I’ve had vehicles tilted in my name but registration was under my kids name because they drove it regularly, not me. Has this been verified yet?
In Florida they have to match.

I’m sorry, but is your dad suggesting Brian is on the run with one less finger, arm and/or hand?! So much for blending in on the lam. Mike Williams (also of FL) was believed to have been eaten by gators for 20 years before he was ultimately found buried in a ditch. No need to self-remove body parts.
:p It would also be a bleeding and infection risk. I don’t think it’s a very workable plan…

Does anybody think that BL could just be hiding somewhere until whatever wounds he has could heal? After about 3 weeks, it could be hard to pinpoint some injuries let alone

If he had any wounds they are indeed healing, the trail cam picture in Baker Florida resembles him imo - so he indeed is hiding.

I arrived last night in Grand Teton. The road back into Spread Creek Dispersed Camp Area was open. The area is close to Triangle X ranch. I drove back there a mile or so, it’s a rough road and was very deserted. It felt eerie, and a bit wrong to be back there. There were a couple of cars pulling into the entrance and doing a turnaround as I came back out. They were likely looky-loos like me. Nothing else to report.

View attachment 313778 View attachment 313779
Glad you made it safe and thanks for the report. They are searching the preserve again today and Gabbys parents have a presser at 2:30pm EST

That's possible too. Maybe someone with better editing skills can, clean, it up and zoom in like the van video. Sorry for all the commas I have a crack in my screen.

I cant work out if she was making this sign or if its just being over analysed and her hand was just raised and she put it back down like into a fist?

B has supposedly been an entire week in the preserve. Unless he walked out at least once, he would have had to pack in a bunch of food & water.

I don't believe he's in this wilderness foraging off the land, getting his survival needs met. So I think at this point LE is thinking they'll find a body. I don't think he's in this preserve. I think he headed north out of FLA. The puzzling part is he went for a bike ride with Mommy. Those days he could have been headed out of the country instead. Was he simply dissociated, in such deep denial he was even hiding what he'd done from himself?
If he were a true survivalist he'd be fine. After all there's nothing better than a pot of alligator soup followed up with a plate of python pâté for dessert.

Another poster mentioned that it looks like the stone cross has been there a while because of the indentations in the sand beneath the rocks. In this photo you can also see that leaves are stuck under the rocks which also supports the idea that the cross at some point was in flowing water.
Gabby Petito memorial found where body was discovered
petito-cross03.jpg
I can’t help but think Brian made it.

Phone, prepa
Any thoughts on what that could be that would have them in this area again?
Phone, preparations re supplies, maps, missing camping supplies computer search, purchases by family. Any number of things pointing to Brian heading into the woods
Another unknown are his parents cooperating???

Snakes and gators aren't nearly as dangerous as the media portays them and there are ways to safely hike in areas they occur.

Source: a wildlife photographer who literally catches venomous snakes for photography ;)
Agreed. Living in Florida, you just know there are gators around. There was one literally walking in my neighborhood and I live in a large, gated neighborhood with people all around. You just call the trapper and they are relocated. Now, would I dive into a gator-infested swamp and try to give one a hug? No. But would knowing an area had a lot of gators stop me from hiking there? Also no.

All the discussion about Gabby possibly giving the help signal is interesting since she later spent an hour and a half with the female ranger/officer, right? So, if she was trying to send a signal at the beginning of the stop, why didn't she say anything later, or send the signal again later, at any point in the interview? I guess she changed her mind? If they had noticed this hand movement as a signal for help, it seems to me she would have denied it. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l