Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure. I'm not as familiar with the wilderness elements in FL as the northern states, but especially with today's energy bars, a person could carry enough food to survive on for quite some time in a daypack. Especially if they're carrying a small filter or lifestraw and not relying on carrying a lot of water along. Not super convenient or super satisfying, but definitely doable. Outdoor gear is really compact these days, too. There's a stealth camper guy I follow on Youtube that sets up camp for the night in really odd places and stays out of sight, definitely doable without a huge obvious backpack if one is willing to give up some comforts.

What I don't know much about is the gators and snakes factor.

And all that said, I'm not 100% convinced that this isn't a diversion of some sort while they search somewhere else or are trying to draw him out of somewhere else.

Do you think a lifestraw would be sufficient to filter that swamp water? I am following the case of the family who died near Yosemite and I'm guessing they filtered their water - but...it might not have been enough (it's not clear yet). But I'm curious if anyone knows if people actually do that in FL (go camping and use modest filtration systems).

Which makes me think of that young woman who disappeared while on a "boar hunting" trip with her boyfriend in a small boat, where she left her phone with the person who owned the boat and never returned. They looked for her for days - but I don't think they ever found her.

You'd think they would have used heat sensing flights last night and put up trail cams in the preserve, in any case. So your theory about this being a diversion or at least merely a rehash seems likely to me.

If he's there, I don't think he's alive.

yes they could have and should have. But I can see a scenario where mom gets the text, asks BL about it and he says either I killed her and ran, or she killed herself and I panicked. Mom now is in a panic for her son and calls an attorney, the only one they know, a real estate attorney in NY, to ask for advice and the Attorney says "she's dead, nothing you can do now will help her so just don't say anything for now to keep him from perjuring himself. "

Its the idea that they used a real estate attorney from New York instead of a hot shot defense attorney that makes me wonder if the attorney was a last minute improvisation and not something they knew they were going to need.

But why not flee to Mexico straight away. He had a liveable van, he could have slipped to Mexico before her parents were even suspicious. Even texted a few times to by himself some time. It was him returning with the van that led to suspicion. He didn't need to return to get money, as with technology now there are numerous ways to transfer/wire money to him if needed. The wiring of said cash does not need to be anonymous, as parents would have plausible deniability that they just thought he needed cash and no idea the circumstances. He doesn't need his passport to enter Mexico. Its just so strange that he went home. Then once he was home and he lawyered up, why not just go to Mexico then.

Im wondering if he abandoned her, like she was worried about and she met an untimely end. and he realised what had happened once in Florida when no one heard from her, and he ran. Either that or he returned in shear panic.

The time leading up to Gabbys death was most likely one of the best experiences and times of her life. This trip would of been memorable and most people would love to travel around in a van with their partner. What if this was the one thing she wanted to do. What if he had planned the whole trip and what he was going to do to her.

But why not flee to Mexico straight away. He had a liveable van, he could have slipped to Mexico before her parents were even suspicious. Even texted a few times to by himself some time. It was him returning with the van that led to suspicion. He didn't need to return to get money, as with technology now there are numerous ways to transfer/wire money to him if needed. The wiring of said cash does not need to be anonymous, as parents would have plausible deniability that they just thought he needed cash and no idea the circumstances. He doesn't need his passport to enter Mexico. Its just so strange that he went home. Then once he was home and he lawyered up, why not just go to Mexico then.

Im wondering if he abandoned her, like she was worried about and she met an untimely end. and he realised what had happened once in Florida when no one heard from her, and he ran. Either that or he returned in shear panic.
She was found 1000 ft from an active campground. He did NOT leave her somewhere alive.

Can you possibly screenshot or pinpoint exactly what you’re seeing? People keep referring to her being buried (and now bright clothing) but I’m not seeing any of this. Thanks!

The idea is that it was in the live shot from the chopper, but once they realized the body could be seen, the station cropped the video so the body can't be see in the reruns of the video. So you wouldn't be seeing it now. But another reason why you wouldn't be seeing it is that there was a lot of stuff on the ground in teh area, the bag the canopy tent came in, searchers backpacks/jackets, etc and that someone mistook one of those for a body. The thing about the partial burial is because someone thought the canopy was coving the remains location and said the ground under it had been disturbed, but that same poster later retracted that statement when he realized what teh canopy is really for. But of course, his original statement lives on..

@JerseyGirl wrote:

"Gabby’s missing persons report was filed by her mother in New York because the North Port police refused to file one at the request of Gabby’s father in Florida."

Oh this is sad and frustrating. Is this confirmed? Do you have a source?

I wonder what impact, large and small, this has had on the case. We may never know.

Oh what these poor parents have been through.
Yes, Gabby's mother said this in the beginning. By then Brian had been back for about ten days so I'm not sure it would have made a difference.

All Brian or his parents had to do was tell Gabby's family or LE when and where he last saw her and she would have been found much faster.
That's what hindered the search for Gabby. IMO

I think that's entirely plausible. It'll be interesting to see if this search suddenly ends, as that would be a clear indication that the new trail cam photo is in fact him. Personally, I just don't see it, as the face doesn't match for me.
View attachment 313814 View attachment 313815
Panhandle deputies 'actively checking' trail cam photo that some feel shows Brian Laundrie

I'm not great with faces but I'm not seeing his body/stance as similar to what we've seen BT display. But I could be completely wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnnemarieNL