Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think a lifestraw would be sufficient to filter that swamp water? I am following the case of the family who died near Yosemite and I'm guessing they filtered their water - but...it might not have been enough (it's not clear yet). But I'm curious if anyone knows if people actually do that in FL (go camping and use modest filtration systems).

Which makes me think of that young woman who disappeared while on a "boar hunting" trip with her boyfriend in a small boat, where she left her phone with the person who owned the boat and never returned. They looked for her for days - but I don't think they ever found her.

You'd think they would have used heat sensing flights last night and put up trail cams in the preserve, in any case. So your theory about this being a diversion or at least merely a rehash seems likely to me.

If he's there, I don't think he's alive.
That lifestraw is amazing! I’d never heard of it until today. YouTube video. Wow. The Carter’s requested it to be used in Guiana Worm!
Yes hikers need these! I bet they both had one and I’m guessing Brian has one if he’s on the move!

Do you think a lifestraw would be sufficient to filter that swamp water? I am following the case of the family who died near Yosemite and I'm guessing they filtered their water - but...it might not have been enough (it's not clear yet). But I'm curious if anyone knows if people actually do that in FL (go camping and use modest filtration systems).

Which makes me think of that young woman who disappeared while on a "boar hunting" trip with her boyfriend in a small boat, where she left her phone with the person who owned the boat and never returned. They looked for her for days - but I don't think they ever found her.

You'd think they would have used heat sensing flights last night and put up trail cams in the preserve, in any case. So your theory about this being a diversion or at least merely a rehash seems likely to me.

If he's there, I don't think he's alive.
There has been enough rain in that area he could collect rain water very easily.

The time leading up to Gabbys death was most likely one of the best experiences and times of her life. This trip would of been memorable and most people would love to travel around in a van with their partner. What if this was the one thing she wanted to do. What if he had planned the whole trip and what he was going to do to her.

mmmmm.... I do think they started out happy and then gradually became extremely unhappy with each other. Different goals were revealed, I think that was the crux of it. When you are young people can couple up due to physical attraction and it seems these two actually didn't have a lot in common or at least had clashing personalities. IMO

Hope this is not a repeat but I just read this in the SF Chronicle.

Eye witness account of BL's acting weird and strange movements by him in the campground starting on the 26th of August. If true, she was probably already dead on the 26th.

Gabby Petito case: What one witness saw near the Tetons may help FBI unravel mystery

Ahh. Thank you! I think I’m seeing what is being referred to as black and orange clothing but I thought it was just some kind of gear (belonging to a searcher).

It appears at the bottom middle of the screen at 0:13 of this video, for anyone interested. I don’t think it’s her.

Speculation Gabby Petito was buried as helicopter footage captures discovery
Look at the full video and see what direction they all walk toward. I think she was about 100 or so feet from that tent closer to the group of trees judging by aerial shots

Well, in my experience, it takes some time for suicidal ideation to form. Returning home (a safe place) may have been an attempt to stave it off. But as the pressure mounted, intent and a plan may have crystallized. MOO, of course.
I think if he had suicide in his mind, he would have done it right there next to GP. I think he's still alive. But likely nowhere near the search area.

Ahh. Thank you! I think I’m seeing what is being referred to as black and orange clothing but I thought it was just some kind of gear (belonging to a searcher).

It appears at the bottom middle of the screen at 0:13 of this video, for anyone interested. I don’t think it’s her.

Speculation Gabby Petito was buried as helicopter footage captures discovery

MOO but I don't think they would set up that tent within a 100' of her remains to keep from spoiling the crime scene.

I haven't seen it anywhere. If you have a non-MSM source for it, you could send it in to JB and WFLA to look into. They've been doing that all morning with other stories - trying to confirm and then sharing once they do.

No credible source I have found, one guy on twitter did show how hard it is to actually accidentally post an instagram live. So not sure how reliable it is. Would be great if it was so they could track/triangulate the phone. Maybe thats what led them to the search today, they looked at the pings at the time of the accidental post. Again though, it does seem like it is an easy thing to accidentally do.

But why not flee to Mexico straight away. He had a liveable van, he could have slipped to Mexico before her parents were even suspicious. Even texted a few times to by himself some time. It was him returning with the van that led to suspicion. He didn't need to return to get money, as with technology now there are numerous ways to transfer/wire money to him if needed. The wiring of said cash does not need to be anonymous, as parents would have plausible deniability that they just thought he needed cash and no idea the circumstances. He doesn't need his passport to enter Mexico. Its just so strange that he went home. Then once he was home and he lawyered up, why not just go to Mexico then.

Im wondering if he abandoned her, like she was worried about and she met an untimely end. and he realised what had happened once in Florida when no one heard from her, and he ran. Either that or he returned in shear panic.

Well...I'm not sure BL had the knowledge to get his van into Mexico. Getting over on foot is fairly easy (although most people wouldn't know how to do it). If he searched how to get his van into Mexico from his or Gabby's phone, LE would know that. I guess he could go to a public library, but apparently he drove straight home (which tells us something about his psychology and mental state).

He would be seen at a border crossing. Without applying for a permit (which is supposed to be visible on the window of the vehicle), one cannot go more than 20 km into Mexico.

At any rate, his DL and his car's license plate would both be recorded and readily available to LE. To get that permit to travel further into MX, it's my understanding you do need a passport.

Crossing the U.S. - Mexico Border by Land

And there's one more tricky detail for him - since he would not have the permit, they'd run those license plates and the person to whom it is registered would not be in the car. He'd be directed to a special lane, held up for hours, while the actual owner was located and his story checked out (friend allowed him to borrow the car). What one does is get a notarized letter saying that you have permission to take that car into MX and even then, you'll be sitting there while authorities check your ID against US databases.

Now, having said that, people steal those permits from cars and use them to steal cars in the US and get them deeper into MX. Or they know back roads (especially out of W. Texas, NM and AZ - less populated areas). If he looked Mexican and spoke fluid Spanish, he might have had a chance on back roads. Otherwise, the people who do control those back roads would be very unhappy to see him and assume he had stolen the van.

His best bet of getting into Mexico is to use one of the numerous illegal crossing points - by foot.

I haven't used it in Florida, but it should be sufficient for swamp water. It won't filter viruses. That should only be a problem in third world countries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo