Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not convinced of the narcissism claims yet and do think there is a reasonable chance BL has killed himself. I think we all have tendencies toward projection, confirmation bias, and even circular reasoning at times. I know I have. It’s hard to keep in check.
I'm curious what makes you think that he would have driven all those miles across country back to Florida in order to kill himself? Why not murder/suicide then? Just my two cents. I still believe he's in hiding.

That’s assuming he has a working device to even know what’s going on at this point. If he’s outside in the wilderness any device he had (if he had) with him when he started is no doubt dead. /JMO
I honestly don't think he would use that phone. I would have expected him to get a burner. JMO

I don't think he is in the reserve. I do not think the FBI think he is in the reserve. They paused it a now making a big show of it on the media. Im wondering if it is a tactic to get him to think he has fooled them so he takes his chance now to make a run for the border and they have officers posted elsewhere.
I would like to believe that, but they are using a ton of resources and shut down air space. I just can’t imagine an operation like that getting approved if they didn’t have good reason to believe they would find him or something else significant in that area.

Previous thread closed before I could insert the quote, but IMO going to Russia through Alaska, to avoid Western Hemisphere countries that extradite to the US, seems extreme. Way too much traveling with his face already notorious.

It's true that Cuba and Venezuela have extradition treaties on paper with the US, but in practice they don't always honor it. Cuba does indeed have strict rules for tourism but sometimes American dollars work wonders for a fugitive who sneaks in. As opposed to flying into Havana, which wouldn’t work. All IMO

Is there anyone who lives in the area on here that knows there’s great bodies of water in that part? Like swampy areas that allow people to take boats out within the park?

But theoretically they could have simply told Gabby's parents that when they asked. IMO

yes they could have and should have. But I can see a scenario where mom gets the text, asks BL about it and he says either I killed her and ran, or she killed herself and I panicked. Mom now is in a panic for her son and calls an attorney, the only one they know, a real estate attorney in NY, to ask for advice and the Attorney says "she's dead, nothing you can do now will help her so just don't say anything for now to keep him from perjuring himself. "

Its the idea that they used a real estate attorney from New York instead of a hot shot defense attorney that makes me wonder if the attorney was a last minute improvisation and not something they knew they were going to need.

That's what I thought, too.
There is other footage of them at something called Dragon's Tooth. Is that AT as well, I believe so?
Yes, dragons tooth is also on teh AT and another location, like the Falls that has easy access from a road crossing. No need to do long hikes to get to it. Its fantastic though, but touristy.

Florida Fish and Wildlife helicopter flew a North South grid over the Carlton area of the park. Now they are flying an East West grid at low altitude (75 ft).
Still at it. Man, if Laundrie is in that area, they are gonna give him neck cramps. LOL

Attachments

• N118FW sectional.JPG
    N118FW sectional.JPG
    135.6 KB · Views: 69
I'm curious what makes you think that he would have driven all those miles across country back to Florida in order to kill himself? Why not murder/suicide then? Just my two cents. I still believe he's in hiding.

Well, in my experience, it takes some time for suicidal ideation to form. Returning home (a safe place) may have been an attempt to stave it off. But as the pressure mounted, intent and a plan may have crystallized. MOO, of course.

I would like to believe that, but they are using a ton of resources and shut down air space. I just can’t imagine an operation like that getting approved if they didn’t have good reason to believe they would find him or something else significant in that area.
Agreed, this is VERY expensive gamble if that's what it turns out to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Badge 1187