Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gabby Petito's remains found in Wyoming, FBI confirms 'homicide'

"The FBI's commitment to justice is in the forefront of each and every investigation," FBI Denver Special Agent in Charge Michael Schneider said in a statement. "The FBI and our partners remain dedicated to ensuring anyone responsible for or complicit in Ms. Petito's death is held accountable for their actions."

….
Amen to that.

Maybe a dumb question. How can they rule it a homicide but not determine how? If you don’t see a cause of death how do you know it was homicide? Or could it be multiple injuries and have to determine which killed her? Confused!
Cause of death and manner of death are two different things. Manner is the way in which the death occurred: whether it was a suicide, undetermined, an accident, natural, or homicide. Cause of death is exactly how the person died and often has multiple underlying factors. For instance, if someone was stabbed they could tell it was homicide but would need more time to determine if the person bled out or if they hit a major organ, etc. They're still probably waiting on toxicology to see if any that was a factor in her death.

Cause of death is a medical determination of how the body came to be deceased. (By someone else, by self, natural, unknown.) Generally, not many questions have to be answered to come up with this classification. They likely found evidence of injuries that could not be self inflicted.

Manner of death is determining the circumstances and method in which the death occurred. Many more questions, tests, and fact finding have to be done to determine this.

IMO… physical exam showed signs of homicide/struggled/injuries/broken bones not consistent with self injury. She was 100% healthy 22 yr old female so no heart attack, etc. So the ne t step is toxicology to see if she had anything in her system at time of death and further lab tests to confirm initial findings.

A person can be smothered/strangled but die of drowning if that makes sense. They see enough on initial exam for homicide/foul play but those injuries weren’t enough to cause death so they confirm with the lab results.

Something that has been swirling around in my mind today is the possibility that perhaps rather than actively assisting him in hiding/running; Brian's parents were also being terrorized by him, as Gabby likely was (All my opinion, of course).

IF the signs of DV/etc are what they appear to be and IF this was directed at Gabby long-term while they lived at his parents home, then one possible reason they may not have spoken up (then, or now) may be that his parents also knew him to be aggressive/violent/manipulative/unpredictable (insert terms of choice) and may have also been victims.

This is all speculation, of course, and this could be concurrent with love/desire to protect their son, but it has been one possible explanation (NOT justification, IMO!) for why they have been quiet/aiding him/acting like everything was fine for so long. They may also be fearful of where he is or what he might do. Just a thought - and may be all wishful thinking in a way, I just don't to believe they are *all* monsters.

in my opinion and in my experience, treating your partner this weight is learned behavior. I’m thinking his parents have a toxic relationship as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1