Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #23

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, but we can surmise that they are not total idiots and would have been capable of putting 2 and 2 together to see what really happened, and still chose to hide their son and do nothing to ease the anguish of Gabby's loved ones.
We do not know that to be true. I do not see why BL coming home alone with the van was much different from BL flying home alone the week prior. He simply could have told them that she was staying in WY with her friend for her birthday, which had been a well established plan before. GP's mother said it was not until possibly NINE days after the 8/30 text that she started getting concerned. “I believed she was in a place with no service,” Schmidt said. “It was day eight, nine that I really became concerned and I figured she couldn’t be off the grid for that long.”‘We just want her home’: Woman from Long Island goes missing on road trip with boyfriend | PIX11

I haven't heard anything about the relationship between GP and BLs parents prior to this incident. I have been married for 17 and I have Inlaws who never pick up the phone when I call there and then call my husband and ask why I might be calling. I do not think it is a stretch for them to start pressuring their kid about why GP's family is calling. I do not believe they constitutionally did anything wrong to hire an attorney. I work in the legal field. That is exactly what I would tell my family. The only way this story starts changing is if they think he is guilty of something. From the day she is reported missing to the day BL is reported to have left for the preserve is three days. I do not think it is a stretch for an attorney to tell their client who is professing their innocence to not talk to the police.

The country is vilifying this family for the hideous acts their son likely made. I am certain if he had a criminal record we would have heard about it already. I know conspiracy theories a fun to entertain but if you just break it down there are less dramatic scenarios that make make more sense. I always try to look at it from the point of view of a juror. And is there a plausible explanation. For BL I sadly do not see one. However, for his parents to not dragged their child to the police station and reported information that they did not have, against legal counsel's advice, there is. MOO

It’s Gabby’s channel, so it wouldn’t be sent to BL’s family, it would be sent to her family.

I understand the intent, but....stop and think a moment...

There's a lot of Him in there....Personally, it's hard for me to watch, knowing what was going on when the recording stopped.

Idk...I'll be following what her parents do to memorialize her.

That's just My Opinion.

This is going so fast, someone may have already said this...but I can't shake the feeling that the event that killed Gabby was a repeat of 8/12.

There was an altercation. He probably hit her again. He pushed and pushed until she reacted and when he "just went to push her away" he pushed too hard, she fell, hit her head and died.

Then he freaked the eff out and got out of there as soon as possible to get home as soon as possible.
I had thought this too. Seeing pics of that creek area where the van was pulled over. If they had gotten out to explore and then what you said happened. Tons of rocks there! But then why do you think was the van in that weird spot for three days?

So in your imagination, how do you explain Gabby's parents sending the Laundries messages that the children (both Gabby and Brian) aren't returning any calls and Gabby's parents are worried that something has happened to both Brian and Gabby?
He deleted the messages as they come in or he blocks Gabby's parents on his parents' phone.

Or he asks his parents not to respond to them. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard a reporter say when they towed off the car that it was his mother's car. I thought that was strange, but could have just been a mis-statement.
There is a red truck and the mustang. I always thought that Mustang may be registered to the mother. Most spouses have their own car. But, Who knows..

Guys if the family doesn’t report him missing until Friday- why does the sister give an interview on Thursday saying she wishes she could talk to him? Presumably, if he’s just out on a hike(and not on the lam) why wouldn’t the sister be able to talk to him?

The parents said they went to the reserve knowing that is where Brian would go and saw the note on the Mustang. They left it there overnight and went to pick it up the next day so it wouldn't get towed. Now the thing is, they say Brian left on Tuesday, they went to the reserve on Wednesday and picked the car up on Thursday and brought it home. However the local news station was outside the home and their video shows the car wasn't there on Tuesday but was back there early Wednesday morning. Someone is lying.

Definitely there is a discrepancy there. It seems most people are choosing to believe one MSM over another (as ABC7 says the car was picked up from the reserve on Thursday).

Some of us are hovering in the middle, until (if) we have some official police confirmation of exactly what happened.

Sorry, the WFLA anchor that has been going live everyday. Sometimes I forget you guys aren't all in my office sitting around the screens when I'm watching.
I've been watching local news, WPTV deployed a local reporter and Brian Entin who has covered a lot of this also used to work for WPTV so I've been following him as well.

Well instead of trying to figure out how he did it, it can be effective trying to find something that could prove he is innocent. There is only a handful of those left, and they sound increasing less likely every hour. I in no way think Brian is innocent, but evidently, the police don t have enough to charge him yet either.

I know he isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, don't think he has the resources to flee the country, but I have a hard time thinking he is camping out this whole time either.

One thing that puzzles me, what is his story gonna be? Is he gonna say he wasn't with her, he left and somebody else killed her? He had plenty of time to bury her why did he leave easily found? Did he just panic?
BBM
This would be a waste of valuable time.

Someone suggested that Gabby wanted to be an influencer. I think she has influenced us all in many ways. When our kids don't answer their phones and we worry, we won't wait a few days before we over react and panic. If we get a strange message from them that makes us have an uncomfortable feeling in our stomach, we will check in with them immediately and follow up. No one wants their child to end up like this. I am not suggesting in any way that her parents did anything wrong. They had no reason to believe she was in danger. She was with her fiance, a man who loved her. Why would they worry? But Gabby's story will stay with us forever. We will be influenced by her example for a long time. If nothing else, maybe her "domestic violence" interaction with the police will influence first responders and small town police officers . Maybe it will serve as a training video and influence people in authority to think twice, to be more observant and save the next potential victim.

Good points. Maybe the best "Influencing" that can come from this whole sad situation is to set up a memorial fund for a series of shelters for domestic violence victims - in her name- who are camping or living the van life and find themselves in a toxic relationship. Maybe every national park should have a safe house for people who are in potential danger, or at least a place to ask for help and not be ignored and diminished.

Gabby had no where else to go and seemingly didn't want to admit to her own mother that the relationship was totally failing. Very understandable. But maybe she could have talked to a total stranger who she felt would take her seriously and be on her side, after she had thought about it for awhile. IMHO
These are great thoughts. Maybe first steps are to place mental health/domestic violence hotline numbers in bathrooms of NP's and campgrounds. So that someone knows there are helpful caring people at the other end of the line that you can either talk to or they could help with advice, or lead them to a safehouse. Maybe LE should hand out cards with these resource numbers during suspicious stops.

Just thinking out loud. I wish there would have been a way to help Gabby.

Last edited:
I dont recall providing a home address when signing up for Youtube. It's been a long time though. I imagined they emailed you and asked where to send it.

If you have that many subscribers, you may be monetized I believe. I'm not sure what level of subs you need to get monetized but there's also sponsors etc so I imagine at some point, you have to give your info for tax reasons. I'm not 100 that that's how it works but I reckon.

So true - I am gutted for Gabby and her family. She should have had at least another 50 years or more of life. IMO no doubt BL did this and I hope he is caught and locked away for a long time. She must have been absolutely terrified in her final moments, and then he just leaves her out there for the animals while he goes home and takes a bike ride with his mom. Despicable.

A sad, sad time, yes. Thanks for the post, and

Welcome to Websleuths,
Michelleruby !!

Occam's Razor.

And what plausible, innocent scenario would cause a parent to refuse to speak to the parents of the girl who just didn't come back with their son?

BL came home and told his parents they broke up and Gabby went off with someone else. He is not himself and his parents assume he’s heartbroken and upset about the breakup. His parents feel Gabby is enemy #1 for breaking up with their child and running off with someone else. They proceed with “normal” family activities (biking, chores around the house, etc.) to keep their son busy and keep his mind off the devastating breakup.

Then Gabby’s parents start contacting BL’s parents and BL’s parents don’t want to get involved because it’s not their relationship - it’s BL & Gabby’s relationship and they are adults (plus they are still upset with Gabby for breaking their son’s heart and have no desire to speak with her parents). Then reports that Gabby is REALLY missing surface and they think Gabby has run into trouble after she left BL. But they are concerned that things look bad for their son (and maybe they even start to have suspicions), so they contact a lawyer who tells them to speak to anyone.

They got in a fight, broke up, maybe that she flew back home to NY. Calls start coming in looking for her, van gets picked up, and he swears he has no clue what happened after he left, so parents contact lawyer and are told don't say a word until more information is given.

That does not explain refusing to speak to Gabby's family at all or to relate what their son told them.

Aside -
"Van gets picked up"? What does this refer to? It was at their home.

Been reluctant up till now to give a theory but I am ready after reading today’s news. Her friend Rosie in Florida whom she was supposed to meet up with on August 29 at Yellowstone was of the opinion that Brian was “ A little off “ due to odd behavior such as leaving them at the beach and wandering off. It seems Rosie was uncomfortable around Brian as she got to know him better. Rosie also reports that Gabby told her that Brian heard voices and would have what she called “episodes” when he would not sleep. Gabby at times needed a break and would spend the time at Rosie’s house overnight. Rosie also states that she believes she was Gabby’s only friend in Florida, not because Gabby was unable to make friends but rather because Brian was so afraid of losing her, and was resentful of their friendship. They once had plans to visit a bar together, and Rosie reports Brian had taken Gabby‘s ID to prevent her from going out with Rosie. Gabby had plans to meet up with Rosie in Yellowstone on August 29. I believe Gabby was murdered (coroner today declared her death a homicide) sometime between August 26 and August 28. Brian and the van were seen by at least two separate people at the dispersement site where her body was found on August 26 and 27th, with no sign of Gabby. They had been arguing at least since August 12 when the body cam was taken by LE. I can only imagine the rage that had built up in Brian who also was reported to have attempted to take the van and her phone when they were brawling on August 12. He wanted both the phone and the van. And he did not want her to see the one friend she had whom he greatly resented. That I believe was the motive for hurting her. He did not want her to see Rosie on 29 August. He wanted the van badly. Her van, The van that she stated in one of her videos while gazing at it lovingly “ I love the van!” Almost as if it were a beloved child. Also learned today that his parents or he or both had the van hidden in the garage when he returned to North Port on September 1. All consciousness of guilt, IMO. I don’t think Brian is a monster but I think he is very immature and possibly has severe mental issues. This is all just my opinion.
MOO there are many people with MH, the rate of murderers no greater in that group. It's about the individual's and their choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ronjan