Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://twitter.com/48hours/status/1440730225856241665?s=21

The search for Brian Laundrie is continuing in Florida's Carlton Reserve on Wednesday, a day after his fiancée's death was ruled a homicide.

Here's a timeline of the FBI's search for him. cbsn.ws/3CFh9FM

A coroner in Wyoming confirmed on Tuesday that Petito's body was discovered in a camping area within Grand Teton National Park, and the initial manner of death was ruled a homicide.

The FBI in Denver asked anyone who was in the area between August 27 and August 30 to contact investigators.

"The FBI and our partners remain dedicated to ensuring anyone responsible for or complicit in Ms. Petito's death is held accountable for their actions," the FBI in Denver said in a statement Tuesday.

Petito's last known contact with family was in late August while she was in Grand Teton National Park, authorities said. She was reported missing on September 11 — 10 days after Laundrie returned home from a cross-country trip without her.

"(The) first word that popped in my brain was 'coward,' to be honest with you," Petito's friend, Rose Davis, told CBS News. "You're supposed to love her. You're supposed to marry her. I want to text him and just be like, 'Please, please give me something.'"

Yes. I believe the attorney had no idea prior to Friday that BL was not in his parents’ home. I think when he found that out he strongly encouraged them to tell that info to LE. I think they made up another story to make it sound like he was only gone for 3-4 days but IMO he was gone for 7-10. Personally I think he was out of the area before Gabby’s family realized she was missing, and his parents have thrown up every interference they possibly could to help him out.
I thought the neighbor saw him out walking and biking with his mother during that timeframe?

Yes, there for BL. The warrant has been released, I believe all electronics, including parents, were included. Per police news conferences, the family has refused to cooperate, which there are circumstances I would not find that suspect, but when a person is missing, I do find that suspect. The parents were not accurate about the return of the mustang, whether confused/days running together or deliberate we do not know. I understand, me included, why the actions of his parents puts them under a cloud of suspicion of deliberately impeding the search for Gabby.

I am starting to get really frustrated with the misinformation on this thread. There is NO public search warrant that includes the parents’ electronics. Where are you getting this information?

When we were in southern Florida just before the COVID shutdowns, we took one of those tourist see-the-real-Florida tours with an airboat ride, a nature preserve, and some other stops. The nature preserve was really cool--we walked over a plank bridge over a body of water (looked like a lake but they said it was a river) into an area where we had tangled swamp and vegetation all around. The planks continued over the swamp, making spongy squishy sounds as we walked.

Then all of a sudden we stepped off the end of the boardwalk and we were on a pretty little island rising out of the swamp. The guide told us about how the native tribes used to live on and travel between these islands, and that there are thousands of them, some as many as 50-60 feet high.

This was the east coast, so maybe the west side is different, but I have the impression that if he knows the area well, he might know of several dry places to camp. Hopefully the search parties have experts with that knowledge as well and know likely places to check.

anyone ever watch Criminal minds? FBI have some of the best analysts in the world, you can bed if Brian even pooted on a electronic device and it came on they would know, fast quick and in an hurry so I doubt he has ever been on line since he took off for home the day he fled.

COVID border restrictions, lack of money and driving a van registered to a soon-to-be reported missing person would mean he’d need to head home to his parents and come up with a plan, imo. Maybe he wanted a few last days on earth, clean some messy stuff up prior to going.

If he is guilty in Gabby's death, and likely he is, the trip home means (to me) that he felt an element of support there. That support could be people or things (money, clothing, etc). Again, if guilty, he must have thought he had some length of time before her body would be found and, therefore, time to prepare for the next phase.

I second your hesitation. The reason why i am hesitant to believe this is real is because during an Instagram live it is marked on the video. All live videos will say “LIVE” in a corner with the number of viewers next to it. The fact that this video doesn’t have any markings on it makes it very, very hard to believe as authentic. I’ve attached a screenshot of what an Instagram live looks like. I think this is a fake.

Yes you're right, after initially watching I realised there aren't any of the usual IG markings.
I've edited my post to remove the quote so as not to confuse further as I think you're right about it being a fake.
Thanks

I see your points, but IMO, could they really allow the FBI to be conducting this extensive (& expense) search if they had checked him into a psych hospital? I would hope if that were true, they also told their lawyer, and I have a hard time believing he would agree to let the search continue. MOO
ITA, there is no way the Feds would be scouring there with all of these resources if there wasn't reliable information for them to believe he is there.

Whether it's a capture or recovery at this point is yet to be seen IMO.

I am starting to get really frustrated with the misinformation on this thread. There is NO public search warrant that includes the parents’ electronics. Where are you getting this information?
Have you seen the search warrant? What were they searching for?

Gabby Petito: Dive teams arrive at Carlton Reserve in search for Brian Laundrie: LIVE UPDATES

LIVE Updates

North Port police address presence of dive teams at Carlton Reserve

North Port Police Public Information Officer Josh Taylor, in a statement to Fox News, says "we have received a number of questions about underwater dive vehicles entering the Carlton."

"Area resources are looking at large bodies of water, including dive teams, boats, and sonar equipment," he said. "At this time, this does not mean anything has been found. It’s a part of the overall search process."

Laundrie attorney says Brian's 'missing,' as Gabby Petito's uncle rips lawyer

The attorney representing Brian Laundrie’s family tells Fox News on Wednesday that Brian has been "missing for a week," as Gabby Petito’s uncle released a statement criticizing the lawyer’s past comments.

As of Wednesday, the current whereabouts of Laundrie – the person of interest in Petito’s murder – remained unknown. Laundrie family attorney Steven Bertolino said his "family is definitely concerned but we don’t want to speculate as to anything more."

Earlier, Gabby Petito’s uncle, Steve, spoke out against the law firm representing Brian Laundrie’s family, saying "we don’t require nor want your empathy" and "by you trying to show compassion here at this moment is beyond disgusting."

Dive team enters Carlton Reserve in search for Laundrie

A Sarasota County Sheriff's Office “underwater recovery team” has just pulled up to the Carlton Reserve, where authorities are searching for Brian Laundrie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scomo