Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
bodies get caught on things all the time that cause them to sink, get stuck under the water, etc. especially a swampy animal infested body of water.

That's possible, but it's also possible that birds could circle before that happens and for a time after something like that happens -- if it indeed happens at all. I don't know that any body could get totally submerged beneath in such a quick time to stop birds from circling, but maybe. I'm not a wildlife expert, so maybe.

Last edited:
I’m hoping that search and rescue are out there honing their skills for true missing people. Not people hiding.

https://twitter.com/abc/status/1440724907533299712?s=21

LATEST: The Moab, Utah, police department has released a report from a second witness claiming he saw Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie engaged in a domestic dispute in Moab on Aug. 12.
It sounds like first he began slapping her, then chased her down the sidewalk, continuing to hit her, before taking her phone.

Once he had her phone he locked her out of her van.

It doesn't sound like he was trying to get her to calm down at all. IMO

New here - but has anyone other than family confirmed BL was physically seen back in Florida? And if so- when?

Neighbors saw him helping his dad mow the lawn and riding bikes with his mother, about Sept 2. It's in the media thread somewhere. The story was published two days ago - I was suspicious that he never came back, but yep, there's confirmation from outside the family.

https://twitter.com/reenaroy/status/1440727447817777152?s=21

The Sarasota Sheriff Dept's underwater dive vehicles have been brought in today, but North Port Police say that does not mean anything has been found in the search for #BrianLaundrie. They've said previously 75% of the area they're searching is underwater

There is also a lake at neighboring Lincer Preserve (I know I mentioned the existence of Lincer, and Cathedral Oak Preserve bordering Carlton on a previous thread).

I just don't know.

At this point my instinct says he is not in the park at all but a means of throwing off LE.

Oh and I hope by the time LE is done searching Carlton and surrounding areas, they send the Laundrie family a bill for all of the resources wasted.

Can you prove or source that they raided HER home because he had been there and not because it was actually HER home and she was just found?
No more than you can prove that it was nothing to do with him or her missing phone.

We do know that when they reported him missing on Friday that they told LE they had not heard from him since Tuesday. Yes, they did wait.
I believe that was the basis for initiating the missing person's report. It has no insight at all into what types of communication has been had with the police or fbi before or after that. We do know that they did not go forward with a press conference, that would have given a bit more insight to the public, BECAUSE the fbi asked them not to. I think this matters and sheds at least some light that they have been communicating and cooperating with law enforcement.

If it was suicide then his body would be floating rather than underwater

Unless it was weighted down or has been partially eaten by something, in which case the "gas bag" (for lack of a better term) would have ruptured

@Alethea - here is another neighbor. She states observed them walking and thinks it was the Thurs or Fri before they knew Gabby was missing.
@oviedo to add to timeline
so is that September 2 or 3 (Thursday or Friday) or 9 or 10?

ETA: I'm working so I can't listen to her whole interview

Perhaps the family requested the cross ?
I'm sure they knew a lot more then any of us did and weren't left wondering.

I think the cross has been there for weeks.

Also, the remains were found laying under a grove of trees and that cross isn’t in that location.

I am disturbed at the analysis by people of Brian's pinterest board. Not because I think he is innocent. I dont he is innocent at all.

Because it falsely labels people who may be different or are drawn to dark things (like me and my skull collection or my daughter and her heavy metal or people here who may like this or that dark thing). Nothing on that board points to him being someone who would murder an innocent person. I mention me as the example as it may help others who identify. One of my best friends is a death investigator and dang, the stuff she collects. Yet, she would never harm a human.

As things have been busy in my life, these past few days, I have missed zillions of posts....I sure hope people here are not doing that.....the media [ The cryptic posts Brian Laundrie shared online as Florida police resume search | Daily Mail Online ] and people out there (outside of WS) sure are.

I wish there was a way to see when he was last active on Instagram. I know in messages it shows but you have to message first.

More on timeline with BL sightings on 8/26-8/28. Graphic designer 'alerted FBI to camp site where Gabby Petito found'. Graphic designer claims she alerted FBI to Spread Creek camp site where Gabby Petito's remains found | Daily Mail Online
RSBM
Thank you for posting this article @Fascinated1. After reading the Graphic Designer's account of her encounters with GP's van, 8/26-28, I am struck by the likelihood, IMO, the Graphic Designer came upon BL in Gabby's van on 8/26 as he first arrived in that area of the campground.

And IMO, I further wonder if his odd behavior she observed indicates he had recently or just killed Gabby (i.e. that day or evening, not sure of time). Graphic Designer said, "...he was very kind of awkward and confused. And it was just him. There was no Gabby". So I estimate a date of death for dear GP of 8/26/2021.

Being in a confused state, IMO, would be consistent with a psychotic episode as someone opined in T#24 today. And IMO, I suspect that was likely his state of mind.

Perhaps when BL was "awkwardly" parking he was looking for a spot to keep an eye on Gabby's body across the river flood plain and did not want to be near anyone else.

In fact, does anyone know if BL could have seen the general area where GP was found from that location of her van as identified by the dashcam campers?

This would also mean, IMO, it would have been BL closing the back door of the van, with this sandals just outside, as the dashcam campers drove by on 8/27. Then either that night or the next morning is when BL left the van and went on his 'mock' hike towards the Snake River, hitching a ride to Jackson Dam on 8/29 by the TikTok user.

"So I saw Brian Laundrie parking his van August 26 at Spread Creek.... when I pulled up he was driving still and hadn't yet pulled over... So I was like, hey, what are you going to do? Are you going to let me pass because it's only one car width of a road... And he kind of pulled over like half way, and made me drive half out into the road to go around him... I noticed it particularly because I had seen that van trying to park. And also because it wasn't actually parked in a designated spot."
Graphic designer claims she alerted FBI to Spread Creek camp site where Gabby Petito's remains found | Daily Mail Online

I hope he’s not dead. Gabby’s family deserve answers.

I don’t think his mother in particular would risk his life if she has any clue where he is and she thought he was suicidal.

On that note, how do we know they’ve not quietly checked him into a psych hospital? Do we have any unconfirmed evidence that he’s entered that park? Their behaviour so far has been atypical of what I would expect from future parents in law.

I don’t know, this is JMO, but I wouldn’t put it past people who show such a lack of empathy for other parents to protect their son at all costs.
I see your points, but IMO, could they really allow the FBI to be conducting this extensive (& expense) search if they had checked him into a psych hospital? I would hope if that were true, they also told their lawyer, and I have a hard time believing he would agree to let the search continue. MOO

Recovery divers arrive at Carlton Reserve

I am starting to wonder if his car was just parked at the main parking lot at Carlton, and someone else picked him up.
2 Different parking lots. It has been claimed that he parked at Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental park. It backs up to Carlton Reserve. It's a 20 minute drive from one to the other but it seems they are pretty certain he parked at Myakkahatchee Creek, not Carlton Reserve.
MOO
Google Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members