Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you who truly believe BL is on a suicide mission of one kind or another...
he had 2300 miles of open country between the crime scene and North Port to chose for a suicide.
He didn't.

Yes, but the case did not have national attention at that point. As he made that drive, nobody suspected him of anything. There weren’t 90,000 members on a Reddit thread devoted to finding Gabby. There weren’t Tiktok videos with millions of views. He was still flying under the radar and still may have believed he’d get away with it …

Plenty of perpetrators don’t take their own lives until they realize that they are sunk.

It's Gabby's home...figure after she was found they would HAVE to visit HER home. I get that it is easy to conflate that with his parents, but it was her home. It is completely logical and understandable that they would need to check it out, separate from anything related to his parents' actions. But we most certainly do not yet know. As far as I am aware, the warrant or request for that visit is yet to be released.

She wasn’t there and had not been there for months when she was murdered. They raided the home because he had been there, and his parents were less than forthcoming about his time there.

I’m curious why you find all of their behavior so easy to defend.

Attachments

• 6E2F06A4-CDF1-4DF9-85C5-82157A8B6528.jpeg
    6E2F06A4-CDF1-4DF9-85C5-82157A8B6528.jpeg
    70.3 KB · Views: 75
Their silence speaks volumes.
They knew their son returned home without his girlfriend that he left on this trip with, in HER van, someone who had lived with them, and yet they refused to speak about GP when LE was at their house. They only cared about LE’s assistance in finding their son.
That does not sit right with me.

Agree 100%. Their silence speaks volumes AND if anything that GP's family has said is untrue about their lack of communication, silence, ignored texts etc. they've had every opportunity in the world to clear the air and let the world know that it's untrue.

For those of you who truly believe BL is on a suicide mission of one kind or another...
he had 2300 miles of open country between the crime scene and North Port to chose for a suicide.
He didn't.
He was probably hoping he would get away it. Once Gabby was reported missing and he heard he was a POI, he may have changed his mind.

https://twitter.com/wpbf25news/status/1440725383020617731?s=21

'We don’t want to speculate': Family lawyer responds to continued search for Brian Laundrie

Police said they are looking about 8 miles from where they searched Tuesday, and are doing an overlapping search in the case there has been movement.

From the Laundrie family: Sister of Brian Laundrie releases statement, postcards from Gabby Petito during cross-country trip

Petito’s body was found in Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming Sunday. On Tuesday, a county coroner declared the manner of her death was a homicide.

Laundrie has been missing since Tuesday and his parents reported it on Friday to North Port police and the FBI, saying he first went for a hike but never came back. Officials said they have had no luck finding him so far.

Thank you for clarifying--I thought these were direct words from the Laundries re their business. I have a feeling the P lawyer might not know how Yelp works :(
I know texts aren't high English, but the Laundries' lawyer's grammar is atrocious!

Call me old fashioned, but I wouldn’t be putting my trust and freedom in the hands of a lawyer who can’t even tell the difference between “sort” and “sought” in his official iMessage statements.

The internet’s search to find Gabby Petito may be a true crime tipping point

Thank you to @Tiff23fr who not only gave me permission to post this, but also taught me how to copy a link. I’ve never been able to before.
This article from Vox discusses why particular missing cases get the most attention, and how web sleuthing has played an outsized role. It has mixed things to say regarding “amateur web sleuths,” but toward the end of the article specifically cites WebSleuths as the progenitor of internet sleuthing.
I found it compelling. IMO

My point - maybe not presented as well as I could - was about revealing publicly that co-counsel so-to-speak is already in place. Unless people *know* that everything has been revealed in that regard.

This is a federal case. When, (maybe if) this ever makes it to criminal court with charges filed (which none have been), the case can be turned over to the best qualified attorney permitted to practice in that Court (likely to be federal court in Cheyanne, Wyoming). What Bertolino has done do far has been excellent in terms of keeping usable incriminating info out of the legal picture. Bear in mind that perceptions are not as relevant in the final decisions in a court of law.

Yes, but the case did not have national attention at that point. As he made that drive, nobody suspected him of anything. There weren’t 90,000 members on a Reddit thread devoted to finding Gabby. There weren’t Tiktok videos with millions of views. He was still flying under the radar and still may have believed he’d get away with it …

Plenty of perpetrators don’t take their own lives until they realize that they are sunk.

considering he’s been missing for as long as he has been, and Gabby hadn’t been found when he left, unless someone is communicating directly with him, how would he know what’s going on with the case?

He’s not using his own cell phone obviously.

About the Appalachian trail, is it only for hiking or could one camp there?

Here's some info -- some details may vary according to the state -- I've only hiked and camped in NC.
The AT goes from northern Georgia to Maine.

Camping on the A.T. During the Pandemic

Camping on the A.T. During the Pandemic

-----------------------------------------------------
Camping | Appalachian Trail Conservancy
https://appalachiantrail.org › ... › Thru-Hiking

Backcountry camping is available at about 125 designated camp sites and is also allowed in the immediate vicinity of most of the 260 shelters along the Trail.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member