Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think we know for a fact that they waited to tell anyone that he wasn't there. We know for a fact when they initiated a missing person's report. Those are two different things. MOO.
They did a lot of 'waiting', it seems. They and BL would not even tell when he last saw GP and when he last saw her. The would not answer her frantic families calls. I am sorry
She wasn’t there and had not been there for months when she was murdered. They raided the home because he had been there, and his parents were less than forthcoming about his time there.

I’m curious why you find all of their behavior so easy to defend.
BBM. Yes, me too. I think that any reasonable person could not find a reason that BL would not tell where and when he last saw GP and his parents seem to be aiding in that.

I don't think we know for a fact that they waited to tell anyone that he wasn't there. We know for a fact when they initiated a missing person's report. Those are two different things. MOO.
We do know that when they reported him missing on Friday that they told LE they had not heard from him since Tuesday. Yes, they did wait.

She wasn’t there and had not been there for months when she was murdered. They raided the home because he had been there, and his parents were less than forthcoming about his time there.

I’m curious why you find all of their behavior so easy to defend.
Can you prove or source that they raided HER home because he had been there and not because it was actually HER home and she was just found?

Because he may be homeless or transient, he may not use social media, or simply not follow this topic.

It was taken near Baker, FL and wow - what a lot of public land there is out that way. Blackwater River State Forest is huge and right at the edge of the residential areas of Baker. Presumably, people hunt there? And so have put up trail cams?

I'm not sure that was on private property at all...

It is really weird that the person in that fuzzy photo has a cube-type backpack much like Brian's, I can see why they're looking into it.

Brian spent a lot of time hiking the Appalachian trail, according to his social media (which is copious). He is skilled at many things: welding, pen and ink drawing, lino-cutting and stamping, knots, painting. I find it hard to believe he's in that nearby preserve, but I do believe he's a strong walker and has experience (two summers in a row) living out of a car and/or mainly outdoors. He reads lots of types of books.

I think he's capable of living on his own for quite a while if he can find less traveled land. His appearance will change. He's had a couple of different hair colors, when he had hair, and it would be in his best interest to change his appearance right now by letting his hair grow in. I was thinking he is a high suicide risk, but if he's still alive in and around the FL panhandle, he could remain at large for quite a while. He's basically gone homeless.

Call me old fashioned, but I wouldn’t be putting my trust and freedom in the hands of a lawyer who can’t even tell the difference between “sort” and “sought” in his official iMessage statements.
I don't imagine they will. He is in charge of issuing "no comment"s right now. I suspect a new (and far more expensive lawyer) takes over when there is something formal to take over.

It's Gabby's home...figure after she was found they would HAVE to visit HER home. I get that it is easy to conflate that with his parents, but it was her home. It is completely logical and understandable that they would need to check it out, separate from anything related to his parents' actions. But we most certainly do not yet know. As far as I am aware, the warrant or request for that visit is yet to be released.
Yes, there for BL. Per police news conferences, the family has refused to cooperate, which there are circumstances I would not find that suspect, but when a person is missing, I do find that suspect. The parents were not accurate about the return of the mustang, whether confused/days running together or deliberate we do not know. I understand, me included, why the actions of his parents puts them under a cloud of suspicion of deliberately impeding the search for Gabby.

Last edited:
Exactly just like that thing that happened in a different state the other day. I’m glad he got ahead of it!
Same. I happened to be following along live when they were at the Walmart the other day - it was a gong show.

I've wondered if he just repeated what the family told him, none of them realizing that it didn't match up. I think Brian Entin actually had video proving when the car was at the home and when it wasn't, but without that, that little flub would have made it harder to know for sure when he left. The detail in and of itself may be of little consequence, but it could speak loudly to their credibility (if they had any to begin with).

Yes. I believe the attorney had no idea prior to Friday that BL was not in his parents’ home. I think when he found that out he strongly encouraged them to tell that info to LE. I think they made up another story to make it sound like he was only gone for 3-4 days but IMO he was gone for 7-10. Personally I think he was out of the area before Gabby’s family realized she was missing, and his parents have thrown up every interference they possibly could to help him out.

except now his girlfriend’s body has been found, he has been named a POI in her murder & he’s the countries most hated person. I’d say a lot has happened since then that would make somebody kill themselves.

Agreed, it looked like he was happy mowing lawns and riding bikes until right around the time the parked van video was released - then he skedaddled but fast.

I didn't read it as particularly defensive - just stating that he shared their disgust and letting them know he doesn't advertise or engage online in this way (and letting them know he doesn't control the Yelp page).

We should try to respect that this lawyer is doing his job here, and is himself not a guilty party nor guilty by association.

I think he could have made it a lot more neutral and professional, IMO. Beyond using correct spelling and not relying on iMessage, I mean.

Eg, something like

“This Internet listing is beyond my control, and any and all photos seen were added by members of the public without my consent. Regrettably, due to the nature of the site I am unable to remove them, but I have been in touch with Yelp to alert them to the situation and will do all that I can to assist in efforts to remedy it as quickly as possible. Again, I wish to assure the family of GP and all affected that I had no involvement in this abhorrent activity, and express my deep regret that it may have caused additional distress at an already difficult time”.

Or something. I’m no lawyer, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member