Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, someone help me out here... Is it normal for a 23yr old, without a steady job, to have such a lovely looking car as Brian's Mustang!?

Here in the UK, it would be virtually unheard of for someone that age to be driving a posh car like that unless said person was involved in, shall we say, unsavoury transactions of non-prescribed medications (!)

I just wonder where BL is getting his money from if he has fled? His parents?

The Daily Mail this morning stated his parents buy and sell real estate. I truly hope LE have checked any and all properties they may own or be in the process of flipping to see if BL is hiding out there.

MOO

Here's a news article that suggests that car was mainly used by his mother

Officers Remove Boxes And A Car In A Search Of The Home Of Gabby Petito's Boyfriend

First.of.all that is not a place to run to to hide!
Its terrible in there right now.
I think its look in here while I go there!
Where did he go my guess is north to get.out of florida!
I think he has a vehicle!

Thanks for the reply.

I am not sure he is running to somewhere as much as he is running away from something. Emotions can override logic, which could have caused Gabby's death.

If he is logical, he would be out of FL. Your thought is North, my thought is South.

I believe he is likely not alive.

Not sure if it was mentioned if the dogs hit around the car
When you watch the full video, he explains that he has two cameras - one facing the road and one facing him while he is driving - because their viewers seem to enjoy that setup. He realized at some point when they turned around at the end of the camp ground and no spots were found back there, that he was recording and turned the cameras off. So you're seeing only one direction of driving (them entering the camp ground), but two different camera views.

There is another video showing the van door open, sandals, and driver
seat. How he enhanced the video Duty Ron played the video on his channel.

Last edited:
OK, someone help me out here... Is it normal for a 23yr old, without a steady job, to have such a lovely looking car as Brian's Mustang!?

Here in the UK, it would be virtually unheard of for someone that age to be driving a posh car like that unless said person was involved in, shall we say, unsavoury transactions of non-prescribed medications (!)

The Daily Mail this morning stated his parents buy and sell real estate. I truly hope LE have checked any and all properties they may own or be in the process of flipping to see if BL is hiding out there.

MOO

He had a job, they both worked in a supermarket Publix until they went on their vanlife trip but maybe it was gifted to him?

<modsnip> Wasn’t the last time we saw them when they were being put in the FBI van?

I’m amazed that BL managed to leave the home with the press camped outside. How didn’t the media spot him leaving, especially in his mustang?

for the huge efforts being put into the search it makes me think they have additional evidence he is there other than what the parents say, however, maybe they took his phone in the Mustang so that’s where it’s last ping was, perhaps why they returned there. Meanwhile BL is heading the opposite way or was already on his way somewhere.

JMO.

The taking the phone, keeps popping up. It has been discussed if it was to isolated and strand her.
I think there is a strong possibility that it was to disrupt here work on social media. I would imaging there was a lot of material she needed on it. It is much easier to grab the phone than a computer. It may have been a control issue.

Away from wifi, you’d also need the phone to upload/access anything online from the laptop, by using it as a personal “hotspot” and piggybacking the data.

MOO

Lots of people have Mustangs here. You can get them for under $30k easily. It all depends on the trim level, year, etc.

Also fwiw, I didn't buy my own car until I was 32. My parents bought all of my cars I had before then.

https://twitter.com/fox13news/status/1440749021677506560?s=21

Gabby Petito's death has put her fiance, Brian Laundrie, in the crosshairs of law enforcement, but TMZ has learned prosecutors are not making a move until two primary loose ends are tied up.

Law enforcement sources with direct knowledge tell TMZ Laundrie is their suspect, despite the fact he's being officially called a person of interest.

RELATED: Expert defense attorney says she 'wouldn't be surprised if there's an arrest' of fiancé

That said, TMZ is told federal prosecutors are now in a waiting game, in large part because they don't know if Laundrie is still alive.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ, even if Gabby was murdered -- which seems to be the case since the Coroner has already ruled her death a homicide -- they would need to prove who did it.

No sign of Brian Laundrie at Venice preserve
It’s been one week since Brian Laundrie’s parents apparently heard from him, according to North Port police. On Tuesday morning, police announced they were resuming their search in the Carlton Reserve, the 25,000-acre park in Sarasota County, where crews were over the weekend.

Gabby Petito investigation: Who are Brian Laundrie's parents?

TMZ's sources point out, it's possible Laundrie left Gabby out in the wilderness and someone else killed her -- whether it's probable or not -- it's still possible.

As for why federal prosecutors will handle the case, it's because Gabby was apparently killed in the Grand Teton National Park, which is federal land.

TMZ is told law enforcement is viewing Laundrie as their prime suspect, but there's a leap between that and actually charging someone with murder.

MOO

Cars are a little less taxed in the US. I don't know the year, but it isn't new - I'm guessing around 2008.

IMO it may be his parents car. Convertible mustangs are ofter older peoples cars.

With the amount of media coverage this is getting, while this has helped the case a lot in finding GP, it could also be a hindrance to LE. I can think of three things:

1. ⁠Maybe LE are using this to their advantage to make BL, his parents and whoever is watching and helping him, think they are onto the 'wrong' track. When in fact they could be looking for him elsewhere as well that they haven't released to the media or the public. I mean he's obviously not dumb, but if he is watching everything right now, he wouldn't be in the area they are searching still.

2. ⁠Maybe he's just hiding in plain sight, in a house somewhere (maybe some family friends are helping him or his parents did when he contacted them )...and he's watching it all with enough supplies to last him months. Unless he goes out and moves around, the chances of catching him would be very slim.

3. ⁠Maybe he got some fake IDs and tons of cash in hand and left the state/country...and leaving no digital trail at all. He probably got a few burner phones under fake name to access his IG or watch the news. I see people saying he's still accessing his IG etc which I wouldn't be surprised, he obviously loves the attention.

I think the longer it takes them to find him, the more confident he's gonna get and he will eventually get sloppy thinking he's gotten away with it. And that's when they will catch him. But who knows if and when this will happen.
Yes all are possible and with the help of ONE person, who met at Carlton Reserve or nearby, BL could be vehicle transported anywhere and here it is Day 8 since he left home, BL's location could be in any state or out of country. It will take the public to find him....John Walsh tonight is going to put him on serious notice.

I get the distinct impression that they know he's there. If he's there, then it's an absolutely miserable place to hide out (mosquitos, heat, humidity, alligators, lack of food by now).

I just think a living person would have turned up by now.

I think he went there, uncertain of what his next move was. I wouldn't be surprised if he ultimately decided to end it.

gotcha. I wouldn't want to camp in the Florida swamps either unless he hitchhiked out long ago.

Why do we say he left on Tuesday in the first place? Media presence picked up only after the story started trending everywhere. I think it was a bit quieter on Tuesday and before. (Maybe wrong. Please correct me folks)

Also, I doubt they were there in the midnight.

This story began last Sunday after the missing report was filed in Suffolk County. By Monday it was all over the news and I came here either Monday or Tuesday. I remember only because when that body cam video came out it was last Wednesday. It was shocking, disturbing, and so sad.

So he was gone the day before the video surfaced...

MOO

In the U.S., a Ford Mustang is by no means a luxury vehicle. They're a dime a dozen and not that expensive (especially if bought used, it's a very financially accessible vehicle). - JMO

MOO
Fairly normal I got a brand new car at 16. My son is 22 his birthday is a few days after Gabbys he’s had a car since 18 not a mustang but a Mitsubishi Lancer.
However, I do think that mustang may be his mothers but he probably drove it regularly

So, exactly what kind of groceries and how much of them can sustain a guy in that hostile environment for a week?
I would think he's had his fill of raw snakes and gator eggs (if he survived rummaging around in gator holes for them).
He's not there.

MOO
Family. I’m blessed with a very supportive family (in many ways). They’ve helped me “follow a dream”, pursue an opportunity or simply get back on my feet. I understand that’s not everyone’s experience, but for me it doesn’t seem that unusual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper