Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any bets on how long it will take to find BL? What if it is months? Or longer? Or never? This could eventually turn into one of those cold cases where someone disappears and no one can explain it and they're never found again.

Honestly, I thought they were going to find him dead in the swamp yesterday. Now, I am not so sure what might have happened to him

Just a theory:

Gabby's friend talked about Brian having "episodes".

So Brian has an episode and kills Gabby. He takes off and "wakes up" walking down some road. He doesn't remember what happened. He hitches a ride back to the van. Gabby is gone and he is having flashes of memory, but not enough to know all the facts. Just enough to freak him out.

He goes home and tells his parents he doesn't remember what happened. Without facts, they decide to stay silent. They fear the worst but don't want to face it.

When they find Gabby, it triggers Brian's memory and he bolts.

Thoughts?

I think that's certainly an avenue any Defense Lawyer for BL would like to explore, that's for sure!

(Note that this is in reference to the second person to report seeing the van at Spread Creek dispersed camping area.) I think that she was saying that he was driving in a weird way -- not getting out of the way, acting indecisive, etc. Maybe that's what she meant. She also says he was alone in the van, but acknowledged that GP could have been in the back. Maybe in that size of van it isn't common for a passenger to be in the back -- would they normally be in the passenger seat?

JMO
From the images I saw, that van has a partition separating the front and back so I would say it would be unusual for someone to ride in the back with no windows.

Can someone please tell me— is her grandfathers name even Stan??

That anagram thing is really haunting me :(

I doubt this acronym code word explanation works as all we heard from her mother was it was just weird she called him by name rather than (I guess) grandpa/grandad indicating it wasn't sent by Gabby.

If they wanted to hide him they could have flown him out of the US. It would be stupid to set him up to be hunted down. At first I thought the same thing. I think this is the reason they are searching the woods….. they believe he’s there, not because the parents said so.
Yeah, I highly doubt LE would devote so much time, resources and manpower to a search this extravagant without conclusive evidence of him actually being there. All signs point to recovery mission. /JMO

The three of them could not have slept in that little over the truck van. Tent? Maybe. I just can’t imagine any 23 year olds camping with parents.
Mine would not. I had said they'd take full advantage of my absence and have a party. Something is afoot.. I also heard John Walsh speak about the camper and had immediate shock and worried I had amnesia . .. . I've been following this pretty close as a new member and didn't recollect anything about a 3 day getaway vaca with the parents.

I'm trying to understand the significance of the Laundries truck camper if it's still sitting in their driveway.
It’s significant because they took it on a 3 day trip between the time he came home on 9/1 and the time that he went missing. IMO They could have been setting him up for when he left town.

ETA -changed the dates and added that this is MOO

Last edited:
The three of them could not have slept in that little over the truck van. Tent? Maybe. I just can’t imagine any 23 year olds camping with parents.

What's odd is the neighbor said a week or week and a half after BL got back (Wed., Sept 1st) they went camping - so it would be the weekend of Sept. 11 - 13th? Wasn't the 11th the day Gabby was declared missing, and Tues the 14th BL went off hiking in the preserve, never to be seen again?

https://twitter.com/tiffanyalaniz/status/1440779159257575438?s=21

Here’s the official link now to #BrianLaundrie neighbor interview about Brian going on 3 day camping trip with his parents after he returned from Wyoming.
Neighbors DID tell authorities.
This is really a big development.
#GabbyPetito #justiceforgabby
Brian Laundrie's neighbors speak out amid investigation

That is really super weird. I wonder if it was a trip to dispose of evidence, like her phone.

MOO

Would LE conduct a large scale search in a very specific area without compelling evidence or testimony that Brian could be there?

Who's the lead on this search, the local police? There's been a lot of criticism in their handling of Brian and their role in this case. It'd be foolish of them to gear up like jungle commandos for the sake of trying to sway public opinion.

So there must be something we don't know (and isn't there always) that's justified the scope of this search. It seems kind of Keystone Cops to me, but who knows.

The thing about the camper and the parents possibly heading out on a trip with Brian is, if that's true, then LE is way off course. He's going to be in the woods where he's most at home and sheltering somewhere known to him. I don't think he would choose Florida. He's more of an Appalachian Trails guy.

I'm stepping back and am going to focus on prayer for everyone involved in this case. No news or social media during a much needed one week fast.

You're all great sleuths. I am grateful for the balance I'm seeing in these discussions.

They are looking there because its the only whereabouts they have at this point
As someone mentioned in the last thread who has LE experience training .... this is a great opportunity for they to 'practice' a what if scenario with all their toys and impress the cameras/show off /actually practice all scenarios. Those dive guys probably haven't been called in a while, so lets get them in the water.

I'm trying to understand the significance of the Laundries truck camper if it's still sitting in their driveway.
If BL's parents took it on a camping trip with BL after his return, they might have used it to scope out a hiding place, to drop off supplies for him, and/or to dispose of evidence. So it might be useful to know where they went.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members