Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if Brian has ever been on his own? Seems like he was overly attached to his parents and to Gabby. Don’t know too many 23 year olds living at home going on bike rides and camping trips with their parents in a matter of days. I don’t feel like he could mentally survive on his own with that sort of obvious attachment issue. He is with somebody somewhere.

I feel very angry and frustrated with that lawyer, so I can only imagine how Gabby’s family is feeling. It is true that the first person LE looks at is an intimate partner - for good reason I might add - but that works both ways, wouldn’t you want your client eliminated as a suspect ASAP?

Not to mention, GP was missing at the time. No one knew where she was or if she was in danger. It was imperative that anyone with information share what they know. If his client was so innocent, he could have sat down with LE WITH his lawyer present who would then advise him which questions are ok to answer. This is a fairly typical response. Same goes for his parents.

The fact that they all flat out refused to speak or assist in any way absolutely screams of guilt and is utterly abhorrent. The Laundrie parents will never have my sympathy. They absolutely could have assisted while still “protecting” their son, they just didn’t care enough to.
No, they were aware that their son had killed Gabby. IMO.
Did they think that he should get away with killing his girlfriend? I have seen cases where parents blame the wives and girlfriends their sons kill because................ they were bossy........... they were keeping their grandchildren from them, they wanted their sons to have custody of grandchildren and more.

If it was actually Gabby, why didn't she correct the error for one, and two why say "Stan" when she didn't call him that.
I've seen some people claim that STAN could have meant "send the authorities now" Anybody have thoughts on this?
I thought it was a possibility but she inadvertently sent it to her mother instead of a trusted contact who knew the significance of it, her mum did not.

There are two stone crosses. The first one was on a sandy/rocky area right next to the stream and presumably across the stream from where the van was. That's the one in the Daily Mail Online piece above. It isn't known who created that one -- when I'm cynical I wonder if the photographer did it. Though people here have said it appeared after the area was reopened, it looks like it has been there for a while.

The second stone cross & flowers were placed by GP's stepdad and a friend on earth in a lightly wooded area on the spot where her body was said to have been found.
https://twitter.com/foxnews/status/1440856256663613441?s=21

AFAIK, that area is also across the creek from where the van was parked. That area looks more like what we saw in aerial photos of the coroner's tent. :(

JMO.
LE made the cross nearest the water, and Gabby's step dad made the one where she was found

It could have happened in the van, if he strangled her. Then he could have driven the van over there, dumped her, sprinkled a handful or two of dirt on her sweet little body, driven back, and then calmed down and had a beer or two. JMO for a possibility.
He'd have had to drive across that creek and creek bed. There are large river rocks strewn everywhere. There's no way the low carriage Transit Connect can make it over those rocks.

I think they said the family left on the very same day Gabby was reporter missing. 9-11-21. Which makes me change my mind about the chances of him having committed suicide. That makes me think his parents, indeed, help him disappear.

It was probably not that day. Gabby was reported missing on the 11th and the police went to the Laudrie's house to talk to them that day and take the van. I doubt they were in the process of leaving when the cops were there. How would that have looked?

"On Sept. 11, the same day Petito’s mom reported her missing, Florida police seized the van that the couple used on their cross-country road trip from Laundrie's parents’ house. Laundrie hired a lawyer and has refused to speak with police about Petito’s possible whereabouts."

Missing Gabby Petito: Parents claim they haven't seen Brian Laundrie since Tuesday

He walked out, he walked back into the restaurant probably four more times.”
Thanks for doing that! Great work. Someone else needs to interview her though, sit her down and try to figure out what was really their argument and how did he behave around Gabby while she was crying?
Thanks for doing that! Great work. Someone else needs to interview her though, sit her down and try to figure out what was really their argument and how did he behave around Gabby while she was crying?

Thanks, NCA (please use INITIALS for names if people who are NOT the victim or POI) goes on in the instagram stories to state she's now been cyberbullied now and called an attention-seeker and of fabricating or exaggerating the events. That means she will probably be critiqued further (years on the net will prove it true lol)!
I have seen people disparaging her looks, overuse of an IG filter, the 'like' usage, 'hyperbolic' manner, and swearing. *sigh* This probably means that if she's interviewed by media again, she will be more cautious in tone and manner, which may not lead to as 'fresh' a recollection.

If the FBI etc is doing a good job they will conduct full interviews with the staff, other patrons, and this couple, to help with the timeline/trial...

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought it was a possibility but she inadvertently sent it to her mother instead of a trusted contact who knew the significance of it, her mum did not.
Impossible to know for sure. I wonder if Gabby didn't know any real way to tell somebody that she needed help, maybe she was afraid, embarassed or something else

Hence why I said “I know you don’t have to drink alcohol while at a bar.”
Choosing a bar over a coffee place or restaurant still strikes me as odd. JMO.

It doesn't strike me as odd in any way.

Don't lots of people go to TGI Friday's, or Applebees, or similar, with lots of children in the party at times? These are all technically part-bar.

Sometimes the best restaurant in town, and/or with the best/only vegan food options, are restaurants attached to bars. In some communities, it's the only place that's open at a certain time.

How do you reckon sound carries farther and louder at night?

Because the warmer air is higher at night (ground is cooling, heat is rising) and sound carries more easily in warm air. :)

Plus, less competing noises (the later it is, the less likely it is that cars and human cries of glee from people on the sidewalk, are going to be a factor that ears have to rule out along the way; because eventually people go to bed and take themselves out of the equation).

If it was actually Gabby, why didn't she correct the error for one, and two why say "Stan" when she didn't call him that.
I've seen some people claim that STAN could have meant "send the authorities now" Anybody have thoughts on this?

The millions of varied things people have said about this call probably have my head aching at this point, lol; but still, I thought we were pretty clear as to why Gabby's mother thought it was odd, "She never called him Stan."

I was assuming that Gabby's mother's unspoken continuation of the statement was, "She never called him Stan... but Brian certainly might'."

Lastly, I thought Gabby's mother in fact said her father's name IS "Stan"; thus using it as an acronym for an emergency situation would, IMO, be super weird.

LE made the cross nearest the water, and Gabby's step dad made the one where she was found

Actually we've heard two stories about the first cross; that it was made by LE and that it is unknown who made it. IMHO, it was made earlier by an unknown person(s). To me it looked like it had been there some time.

IMO

I saw a video that showed it, but you really have to stretch your belief to think it's a face. At such an angle, with the seat and the cramped cabin, it's highly unlikely and the face looked like something you'd see in the clouds or on a piece of toast. I wouldn't believe it until the FBI comes out with an enhanced photo confirming it.

The Bethune video people themselves debunked any head or face in the window. They made a whole video debunking it.

I transcribed today’s Instagram stories of Nina Celie Angelo (IG: Ninacelie) about her Aug 27, 1 pm recollections. She has obviously been interviewed by media - in a previous post from Fox News - but I think her stream of conscious story is probably the most interesting firsthand account after they had just told the authorities.

Note: It is relevant that Nina Angelo and Matthew England state they were sitting next to Brian Laundries and Gabby Petito by the front door and right next to the hostess stand. The argument was at the hostess stand/front door and Gabby was crying just outside. This may be why other staff or patrons did not see the argument. As someone noted, she's again apologizing for him and trying to placate the situation. Important to note too, she is seen as crying alone while he is the aggressor.

I’ve bolded parts I think are the most relevant to the deteriorating mental state of Brian and Gabby. Especially concerning is his towards his verbal aggression towards the female staff, the hostess and the restaurant manager.

Transcription
“We were at this restaurant, you guys, Friday, August 27th 1 pm sitting right next to them. They got kicked out of the restaurant. And were fighting with the hostess. They were fighting with the hostess. She [Petito] was hysterically crying. And she walked out and she was crying and she was staying on the sidewalk and I was watching the whole thing unfold.

And he walked back in the restaurant and he’s fighting with the hostess. And I didn’t even know what happened, I don’t even know if they got kicked out but they left abruptly. And she was standing on the sidewalk crying and he walked back in and was like screaming at the hostess and then walked back out. And then, he walked back in like four more times to talk to the manager and to like, tell the hostess off.

[Nina Celie Angelo talks further on trying to be calmer and recollect in more detail. Discusses how they went to a wedding after seeing this restaurant incident and that may be why they did not recollect this argument as that of the missing couple.]

…They were sitting right next to us, like right f*ing next to us and we were both sitting right by the hostess stand, right by the front door. I went to the bathroom, I came back and they were like abruptly leaving like something happened. My first thought is that they were displeased with the service and they were walking out or they were trying to get out of paying their bill. But it was kind of like a scene.

And I was like zoned in for some reason, and Matt was on his phone and I was like babe, put your phone down like something was going on. Guys, it was like f*ing scene, like something that doesn’t happen every day at a restaurant. The way he was acting, she was crying, she was upset. This had to have been right before she died.

So, she walks out, she’s upset, she’s crying. And he’s like, more angry. Like you could tell it’s more sadness for her and she’s crying for some reason. I don’t know if she was embarrassed, or what. Because I don’t know I couldn’t hear. I don’t know what was going on. I could just see what was unfolding.

And so she’s standing on the sidewalk, I could just see her through the front door and she’s standing on the sidewalk crying. And he walks out with he, but then like right away turns around and walks back in and he’s, you know, kind of like violently talking to the hostess.

And you know you could tell he’s angry and um, and they’re just like doing the like ‘sorry we don’t know what to tell you, kind of thing.’ You could tell he was relentless, he wouldn’t drop it, whatever it was, he wouldn’t drop it.

He walked out, he walked back into the restaurant probably four more times.”

Thanks, Nina Celie Angelo goes on in the instagram stories to state she's now been cyberbullied now and called an attention-seeker and of fabricating or exaggerating the events. That means she will probably be critiqued further (years on the net will prove it true lol)!
I have seen people disparaging her looks, overuse of an IG filter, the 'like' usage, 'hyperbolic' manner, and swearing. *sigh* This probably means that if she's interviewed by media again, she will be more cautious in tone and manner, which may not lead to as 'fresh' a recollection.

If the FBI etc is doing a good job they will conduct full interviews with the staff, other patrons, and this couple, to help with the timeline/trial...

Yeah, "going back in four times" to yell at the waitress, etc., certainly doesn't make me think that Brian was in any way compos mentis.

In fact, it seems a lot more like Brian was capable of such towering rages that no one could calm him down. :(

To feel the need to double back four times in order to keep 'having the last word'... he's had "five last words" by that time.

I'm not understanding the concept of "setting up camp". They camp in a van. They might own a tent, but that doesn't mean it has to be set up every night. Besides, this was not a legal camping spot. It was just a pull over. If you had a bed in the van, you can simply lay low. IMO no way you're advertising your presence by pitching an illegal tent. So, I don't think we'll want to assume we have to figure out where and when they put up a tent.
Just to illustrate, if you use any light in a tent, they kind of jump out of the darkness at you. No way you'd be out there doing this in an illegal spot. IMO

I camped illegally on the AT several times when it was getting dark and I felt I wouldn’t make it to camp. Me, 2-person tent, hanging bear bag, and my 80-lb pit bull. Nobody passing by bothered us. JME.

I don't think it's relevant to defend Brian for it, considering the convenience store clerk who said they bought bottled water, and people also saying the YouTube video clearly had Brian using a plastic fork.

IMO, Brian is a faux-environmentalist poseur who is an environmental PITA when it suits him (really, does he think the police officer cares that he's afraid of BPA's? could a police officer carry about hand-filled SIGGs to hand suspects? I'm guessing not, for liability reasons - take the water or don't take the water, this strikes him as an appropriate time for a sermon?); and that's because he's more interested in preaching to/at people than he is in actually engaging in the behavior.

IMO, JMO, MOO.

I agree with you, Square.

This is not the thread on which to discuss whether or not plastic water bottles are evil. What I think most of us are repulsed by is Brian affecting a holier-than-thou environmentalist persona while simultaneously leaving his girlfriend to rot. Ultra concerned with saving the planet but fine with killing her or leaving her to die, and then a nonchalant attitude when he comes home without her.

At least IMO it's the hypocrisy and cognitive dissonance....typically a fervent environmentalist does not want harm anywhere.

How do you reckon sound carries farther and louder at night?
The quality of the air is different at night, I guess.
Have you ever turned on an AM radio in your car? You get a lot more channels at night. If you're camping, you can hear people around a campfire much more clearly than you can during the day. Gosh forbid, they're really bad at playing guitar, can't hold a tune, and have forgotten all the words. Eeeeek! Presumably, darkness is more favorable to sound.

Last edited:
Actually we've heard two stories about the first cross; that it was made by LE and that it is unknown who made it. IMHO, it was made earlier by an unknown person(s). To me it looked like it had been there some time.
The latest report on the case says that the LE made it though. Looks to me like the sand has been moved around the whole area of the large cross. Maybe there was something their they wanted to hide/bury not related to Gabby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abberline vs Edmund Reid