Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I get that in emotional times people grasp at anything to make the situation make sense. IMO its a stretch. I believe the song was on the playlist long before GP disappeared anyway.
Oh I agree that it might not be criminal evidence, but music had existed since the dawning if time because it connects with our inner emotions and let's us feel our inner core. It's not just white noise.

Absolutely agree. DV is still a dirty little secret and victim's are afraid to report for many various reasons.

I think LE did the best that they could during the stop. I don't think it would have changed the eventual outcome for Gabby, unfortunately.

It is noteworthy to remember amongst all of LE that was there, there was only one female park ranger who instinctively knew what was happening in that moment that it was Gabby was in trouble with her relationship.

So that angers me in a way as the 'men' didn't pick up on the fact that when they approached the window on Gabby's side she was crying hysterically. Women usually don't become sobbing messes by being pulled over by police, especially when they aren't even the drivers. Something happened to HER (not BL) prior to the stop.

I knew in my own gut immediately she was the victim of some domestic dispute prior to that stop.
I didn't feel that at all. I felt genuine concern from the first LE on scene. He did say something wasn't quite right with BL's story that GP grabbed the wheel. (She told LE she hit his arm). The other officer was basically reciting Utah law. They obviously didn't want to go down that path for GP. I felt they really cared but there wasn't much in their power they could do.

Yes but after that we had a direct quote from someone who was there with the step father and he indicated that no one associated with the search left it. I think that is better than unnamed sources, imo.

Gabby Petito: Stepfather lays flowers at site where YouTuber’s body was found
My goodness you don't know what to believe anymore. No wonder I couldn't find the link.
This is what is so frustrating about having no press conferences. A bunch of random reporters asking a bunch of random questions via phone or text and then one changed word can throw it all out of context. Then they paraphrase it, and it's like a game of telephone.

I have no idea about the hitchhiking story, but the restaurant has corroborated the story of the altercation that took place there.
The only quote I've seen from the Merry Piglets restaurant is on their Facebook page and there's no mention of a confrontation, they corroborate the fact that BL and GP were there and this is all. If you have additional information then please post a link which confirms this.

The exhaustion tactic. There are laws of when you can question a suspect. If they find him, and he is exhausted or dehydrated or worse, he would have to be medically cleared before they could talk to him. Not only that, it is in their best interest so evidence/confession doesn't get thrown out due to coercion. If they find him, he most likely will be taken to a hospital and left to recover before questioning. They have her body, so urgency in finding the victim is not at play.

What is paramount for law enforcement is doing everything by the book to get a conviction. The body and any evidence has been left to exposure for weeks. Not sure if they can pinpoint actual time of death. They have to prove beyond reasonable doubt, which can be a tough climb depending on manner of death and when she died.

Excellent post thank you. I agree this would be a difficult case, if he's alive to bring to trial. I stand by my opinion that they know he's in the preserve, but the longer he's in there the more likely he's dead. I simply don't believe the parents have the ability to sit across from FBI agents grilling them on their son's whereabouts and lie about a 3 day camping trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missylaforme