Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #28

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or could be that they liked the song? I mean I have some questionable angry songs on my playlist but would never dream of killing someone. Its a stretch IMO
True, it's not proof, but I think if you look at people's song search immediately after an emotional event you can get a glimpse of their emotional state. Example. If I just got bad news and it makes me sad I don't start playing head banging metal even though I love it. I listen to sad songs that sooth me. If something made me angry then the metal comes out to match the inner rhythms of my emotion
Yes, the restaurant has corroborated that they were there. And said they would comment no further out of respect.

The entire altercation info comes from the couple who sat near them. imo
I feel for any business that might be mentioned in this. They could be getting more business, but it's more likely there are a bunch of social media assassins who are going to target their Yelp page because they didn't save GP

They said they did remember. But with no video, photos or paper trail, we don't know if it's mistaken identity. There are quite a view travel/van-life bloggers and social media influencers who look a lot like this couple.
The restaurant has posted on social media confirming the incident and having reported all info to FBI / LE.

i feel like those 5 police officers are having a great time just bush whacking on that all terrain amphibious vehicle

its just churning through thick brush right now, it covers some impress ground with ease

I hope they're good with motion sickness, geez.

That thing is just powerful, even watching the guy back up out of it was impressive to me.

I dont think he ever made it to the preserve. Do we know that he did? IMO, the parents deposited him somewhere on that "camping" trip. IMO

Moo....

I think the parents created a stash house/shelter during the weekend trip. The whole backpack trip to park is a ruse. BL could have an entire disguise in the backpack, entered the forest, changed clothing and walked out a entrance. He could have stashed a bike and headed to a secure hideout. I don't think he has the stamina to survive in the reserve.

Had two high school buddies in the 70s, just weeks after graduation ride bikes to the local Goodyear plant, blew a hole in a wall and stole millions in Platinum. They rode their bikes to the flooded rock quarry, and buried under water. Rode their bikes home and attended by sisters sweet 16 party the next day. It was years before the FBI figured out they did it but never had evident to prosecute, never found the platinum, it had been moved. These two 18 yo, outsmarted the FBI, local LE, and VSP.
Sometimes the simplest is the best.

Moo

Last edited:
anyone local got police scanner?
any live links?????
You can follow scanners online broadcastify is one source. You just need to search for desired area.
This is what I had wanted to know... for the benefit of those of us who aren't local, is the entire preserve passable, for want of perhaps a better word? or can you go off-piste into the swamp if you want?
Check out an online map of FL showing preserve land and/or satellite imagery. Carlton runs directly into Myakka River State Park.

As you get off the immediate coastlines of FL much of the area is rural/farmland or protected lands. He could easily traverse to at least the I4 corridor (Tampa-Orlando) while avoiding contact and more likely as far as north of Ocala. There are also a number of options of preserve/protected/wildlife areas south of him if he chose but I’d think north a more likely route.

There are large communities nestled in “preserve” land but those too generally provide hiking trails, wild areas and are typically close to another state/federal protected area so still fairly easy to traverse w minimal human contact if that’s your intent. There are bike/horse/hiking trails throughout the state.

Sounds like they maybe are not releasing her body yet…

Just spoke with Moloney Funeral Home in NY. They say they are hoping to have services for Gabby Petito on Sunday. Because of some circumstances that have come up in Wyoming, services could be on hold. They will know more later today.

https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1441032958660521986

These threads are insane how fast they move! I have some questions was it confirmed BL flew back to Florida while gabby was there?? Also, how do we know that they actually stayed apart after the police body cam…so many questions and no answers

There is no doubt in my mind that LE believes he is in that preserve. I also think they have evidence that he is there. I think they may be waiting him out. The longer he stays in there, getting hungrier, more tired, weaker, the more compliant he will be when he comes out, and the more likely he may be to confess to what he has done. LE is stalking him. I think it's possible they have detected him with thermal imaging at night and they just don't share that with us. MOO but this is a big cat and mouse game.

The exhaustion tactic. There are laws of when you can question a suspect. If they find him, and he is exhausted or dehydrated or worse, he would have to be medically cleared before they could talk to him. Not only that, it is in their best interest so evidence/confession doesn't get thrown out due to coercion. If they find him, he most likely will be taken to a hospital and left to recover before questioning. They have her body, so urgency in finding the victim is not at play.

What is paramount for law enforcement is doing everything by the book to get a conviction. The body and any evidence has been left to exposure for weeks. Not sure if they can pinpoint actual time of death. They have to prove beyond reasonable doubt, which can be a tough climb depending on manner of death and when she died.

Watching Fox News. Philip Holloway criminal defense attorney thinks Brian is deceased. He said they had cadaver dogs in there yesterday at the reserve???
I would assume they've used both search and cadaver dogs.

They are also using thermal imaging, which is used to find both a live person or a corpse.

If LE has evidence that Brian entered the reserve to end his life, the body may be in active decomp by now. This is when a body is usually warmer than the environment, due to land or aquatic insect activity generating heat energy. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fangirl88