Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Many on this site have kids. Some of those kids are at school today. Imagine if you go pick up your child after school today and they are not there. You’d look for the teacher, the classmates right? And if they said ya, um, so I got nothing to say cuz it’s my constitutional right. What would you do? Would that be ok?
Why is this any different?
I’m still reeling from this, still in shock how he got away with this? God bless GP’s dad. That man must have nerves of steel and incredible restraint because I’m sure many of us are thinking “I would have been at BL’s door with a baseball bat within 24 hrs demanding to know where my child is”.
And if the response was (essentially), 'go pound salt',,, then what? become a murdered yourself? How does that help the missing? I know one thing I wouldn't do is engage in a public messaging volley with those unwilling to talk/help. And I wouldn't be silent about LE enforcement that "loses" (in the absence of a better word?) the so-called prime suspect.

Many on this site have kids. Some of those kids are at school today. Imagine if you go pick up your child after school today and they are not there. You’d look for the teacher, the classmates right? And if they said ya, um, so I got nothing to say cuz it’s my constitutional right. What would you do? Would that be ok?
Why is this any different?
I’m still reeling from this, still in shock how he got away with this? God bless GP’s dad. That man must have nerves of steel and incredible restraint because I’m sure many of us are thinking “I would have been at BL’s door with a baseball bat within 24 hrs demanding to know where my child is”.

Yes! 100%

John Walsh: Gabby Petito investigation riddled with police 'mistakes'

Walsh called the sweep a "red herring." He said he doesn't believe Laundrie ever went to the preserve and is now long gone.

Walsh also said law enforcement should have and legally could have requested proof of life of Laundrie during the time he was allegedly at home in Florida.

"I understand the Fifth Amendment, I understand that Brian doesn't want to talk to the cops and his family doesn't want to talk to cops, as despicable as that is, but the cops could ask for proof of life," he said.

"They spent all that revenue, looking for him now, a day late and a dollar short," Walsh said.

Officers should have also stationed cars on the street on either side of the Laundrie home and arranged for an unmarked car to tail anyone leaving the home, Walsh said.

"All these mistakes were made on my son Adam’s case, and similar mistakes were made in this case," said Walsh, whose 6-year-old son, Adam, was abducted and killed in 1981. "It's pretty damn sad."

It keeps happening...why did they give BL a pass?
They had ONE job to do...maybe they need to hire retired couples to watch houses. I know members of Websleuths could do a great job.

This is off topic but I was out in timeout for a few days for sharing my theory which is not supported with enough facts.

Do we know the mustang vehicle is registered to the family? I have ears rumors of it belonging to someone else.

Also, may be an unpopular opinion here and I hope I’m allowed to say this but people are giving the parents such a hard time. I think it’s likely there is good reason they are not speaking. Ie. FBI is telling them they are at risk. I also think it’s more than plausible BL lied about the entire thing with Gabby to them and manipulated or even demanded they go camping.

we know this guy is likely capable of very dangerous things and we know he has odd behavior.

Mustang is registered to BL’s father. The Laundries really did a cruel thing. Don’t know what they know. If BL is charged for murder, they may have to spill the beans. For now, they don’t have to say anything. BL is a missing person not a fugitive from justice. Big distinction.

and , yeah, of course BL could have lied. Likely he did about some things. But really, mostly he has stayed mum. We don’t know what he said or didn’t say. We haven’t heard a word from him.

There was a case near me where a baby was found dead <modsnip to “under suspicious circumstances”>. The father of the baby, who was on Meth, tried to run. He had to turn himself in because he had nowhere to go. Not one single person would help him. Everyone turned him away, including other Meth users. So, I feel like Brian will only have support from his parents. I don't think anyone would give him food, shelter or assistance of any kind. He and his parents are on their own. IMO

I think there could be family connections back in NY who could have been brought in by the parents....
Since we really cannot sleuth the family, we don't know.

Foranyone who is interested I have put strong pressure on the NP police via separate emails to impound the RED Truck owned By Laudrie and get the ODO reading adn also impound all maintenance records so average usage per week can be determined. That data can be used to get aball park estimate of the trip that was taken on 3 -5 Sept by doing a delta on the odometer against average usage. That may determine if the truck got the the Mexican border or more likely the Canadian border.
The longer LE piss around with not doing this the more rubbery the figures will get. FL state LE do not impress me one iota.

For those of you who have lost the plot it is HIGHLY likely that Brian went OUT on that little trip in the country side 3-5 Sept. and was left somewhere to find his own way in the world.
There is not one neighbour who can attest to having seen him post the return of that RED Truck and camper top from the road trip.

He will likely have a brand spanker burner phone with him provided by his mother (bought for cash at a Walmart most likely ) . It is highly doubtful he has is original "Gabby road trip" phone with him
The reason for this is the IMEI number is built into the phone and a SIM change does not expunge that number which sits in the firmware.
. He may have it but if he uses it to call his parents he' ll get burned.

Mostly just my vapid opinions and off now to bed downunder.

Kidon Gadol

Gabby Petito's stepfather creates stone cross memorial at exact site where daughter's body was found | Daily Mail Online

The above article states that Gabby’s step dad, created the cross and added flowers. IMO, the authorities let the step dad visit the site, created the cross and add the flowers before the allowing anyone else to come into the search area and letting the public back in. So at first it seemed as it was LE who created the cross but it was the step dad. He quietly represented the family for Gabby.

Moab, UT police are investigating how the DV / 911 call response was handled. Did we know this? CNN was reporting on it a few minutes ago. Perhaps a silver lining here that the police force in that area is getting updated domestic violence response training.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Gabby’s father attempts legal action against the Moab PD.

It keeps happening...why did they give BL a pass?
They had ONE job to do...maybe they need to hire retired couples to watch houses. I know members of Websleuths could do a great job.

Possible that LE could not effectively demand proof of life. No reason to do so. They have to stay within law. If and when BL is charged, any oversteps that LE made could create technicalities that could harm their case. A lot of cases thrown out because LE did not watch their steps

... That must have been around 5-6 pm. I don't remember when the other woman drove past the van on the Spread Creek Road. Probably one or two hours later? Only Brian could be seen in it then.

This is the Merry Piglets argument.
"Angelo said she and her boyfriend, Matthew England, were in town for a wedding in late August. They were out to lunch at Merry Piglets, a Tex-Mex restaurant, between 1 and 2 p.m. on Aug. 27, when they said an agitated Laundrie began arguing with a waitress. Four and a half hours later, a travel-blogging couple passed Petito's van at a campsite north of town."
Brian Laundrie argued in Wyoming restaurant hours before Gabby Petito vanished: eyewitnesses

The Bethune video

"The video, which was shared on social media by Jenn and Kyle Bethune, known on YouTube as "Red White & Bethune," was captured on August 27 at around 6 p.m. in Grand Teton National Park's Spread Creek Dispersed Camping Area, Jenn Bethune told Insider."
Family travel vloggers share video they believe shows Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie's van around time of her disappearance

So that's an approximately four-hour difference between the two sightings.

JMO, I don't even think we know the half of what's going on because there's very little that we're being told. We only know that searches are still being done in the reserve, so I can only imagine that there's a LOT of stuff we're not going to be privy to for awhile - maybe not ever.

it's frustrating to us because WE want answers, but imagine how Gabby's family feels right now? My heart just breaks for all of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pacobasal