Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the larger dot it is pointing to is Yosemite’s location - it just doesn’t list “Yosemite.” The smaller dot under “Sacramento” is for Sacramento’s location.

I wondering and thinking what if the uncle wrote down Yosemite on that hand written note when he meant yellowstone ... since she had planned to go to yellowstone after Grand Teton state park.
We know her van and her boyfriend was on his way home to FL about the time of that text.

I heard mention if another couples deaths in Moab around the same time could there be a connection?

They reported seeing a creepy guys sculking around before being shot.
Utah investigators 'not ruling anything out' in double homicide near missing Gabby Petito incident

MOAB, Utah – FIRST ON FOX: Utah investigators have not ruled out a potential connection between two high-profile cases in the scenic campgrounds around Moab – a grisly double-homicide that left newlyweds dead and an apparent lovers’ quarrel involving a woman who has since gone missing.

"We're looking at everything, I mean, anything and everything that was suspicious around that time or we're not ruling anything out at this time," a spokesman for the Grand County Sheriff’s Office told Fox News Wednesday afternoon. "So we're just investigating the information as it comes in."

Crystal Turner, 38, and Kylen Schulte, 24, were last seen on Aug. 13 at Woody’s Tavern on Main Street in Moab. They were found shot to death in the South Mesa area of the La Sal Loop Road five days later.

Utah investigators 'not ruling anything out' in double homicide near missing Gabby Petito incident

‘Maybe the relationship wasn't what I thought,' she said.

She's also questioning Brian's trip back to Florida in August to help his father move their belongings out of a storage unit.

Brian left Gabby in the Fairfield Inn in Salt Lake City and flew back home to Florida from August 17 to the 23 to help his father empty out a storage unit where he and Gabby had their things.

According to Schmidt, Brian's father offered to let them keep their belongings at his house so they wouldn't have to pay for the storage unit.

He left Gabby at the hotel so she, understandably, wouldn't be alone in the van. Brian then flew back to Utah and they left the hotel together on August 24.

Schmidt now wonders why it was necessary to move Gabby's things during their road trip and what became of her stuff.

'Where are her things?' she asked.
Snipped
Last text message missing 'van-life woman' Gabby Petitio sent to her mother is revealed | Daily Mail Online

BBM
OK, I keep seeing the talk that GP and BL stayed in a hotel, or Gabby stayed in a hotel one night. Was that in Moab when officers told them to separate for the night, or was there another last sighting of BL AND GP coming out of a hotel together? And if so, what hotel, and where? Thank you if anyone knows!

Why was there such a need to fly to Florida, unload the storage unit, then fly back?
It was nearing the end of the month.Was money that tight whereas they couldn't afford another month and had to get their belongings out? The plane ticket would cost more than another month or so of storage.
If they were due back in October, why not wait till they got back?
Something's not adding up to me. Was there something in that locker BL wanted to get rid of? Was that the real reason he few back? Was there something in the locker he needed? A weapon?
Just thinking out loud.

Thanks @Emi. The plan was for GP & BL to be going to "Yellowstone" and not Yosemite. GP's mother believes the text she received stating "no service in Yosemite" may have been by an imposter and not her daughter.

Yosemite is relatively close to Sacramento. There's a Sacramento ping? But based on the info we have, it was Yellowstone they were going to?

Could it be they were planning to go to both?

I don't know what to make of that ping and mentioning of Yosemite.

Thoughts anyone?

Usually there are a lot of. Restaurants around these hotels to walk.out and get.food yourself!

Was she outnof.$$$$$

If there is no power in the area, you have to use cash or a cash app if the restaurant accepts that. The Point of Sale terminals at restaurants don't work. So if you walk into a restaurant to buy something (and I have to ask if there is no power how are the restaurant open and operating), you need cash.

If she was just out of money in general, he could have sent her money instantly via PayPal, Venmo, Zelle, etc.

Edited to spell out Point of Sale because it didn't like the acronym ;o)

That's an interesting question, but the weirdest thing to me about all this is he arrived back in Florida with no apparent story to tell about what happened to Gabby. That's the weirdest thing. Did he think he wouldn't have to account to anyone for why she wasn't with him?

Maybe he did bring her back to Florida and something happened there. Maybe he had thrown her phone away so she could not contact anyone on the drive. So many unknowns right now.

Family's statement says: "Brian left Gabby in the wilderness with grizzly bears and wolves..."

Did I miss something? If they don't know where she is how can say so? Or does that indicate they know more than they are saying?

source:
Where Is Gabby? Fla. Cops Say Fiancé of Missing NY Woman Refuses to Talk, Is Person Of Interest
If he loves her so much why doesn’t he help in the search? if he’s charged at some point with harming her BL will probably set up an insanity defense after reading those police reports stating both have mental issues.

LE officer that interviewed Christopher wrote that he thought the girl was being abused by the guy and called police so maybe this is why it confusing on who was abusing who.
Can you please link me that article? I went over all the various reports and they all said that
"Christopher stated that when Brian got into the van, he saw what appeared to him as Gabrielle hitting Brian."

*edited due to quote error

Last edited:
Does anyone else recall the article that mentions that Gabby did have long text exchanges with her mother around the 24th? It was referenced somewhere, I will try to find it.
I think she actually talked to her mom either the 24 or 25 and sounded like she texted on the 27th maybe back and forth and then final text the 30th. Her mom is not sure if the text on 27th and 30th were really GP. If it wasn't her then it appears someone was trying to deceive her mom as to her whereabouts.

The report does not say she assaulted him. It attempts to provide a narration to explain why they were both so upset and the arguing had escalated to physical. He grabbed her face, so he was also physical with her, it was not a one-way physical fight. They had done this before, IMO. The way the cops wrote it up portrays her as irrational and more upset than the man in this situation, the POI who probably is responsible for her being missing. The cops wrote: "The male tried to create distance by telling Gabbie to go take a walk to calm down. she didn't want to be separated from the mate and began slapping him."

That's the hysterical woman part of the story and I doubt very much it actually happened that way. That sounds like the boyfriend's POV, to establish how "nuts" his girlfriend is. And police reports are not infallible.

Just IMO
This is a classic abuser tactic, push your buttons until you react and then he looks like the victim. MOO

The hotel should have video of the check out - if it wasn’t recorded over by the time she finally was reported missing - maybe that was part of the plan?
JMO
Somehow I feel the 24th and 25th are important

Actually…they may not have it. We stay at Marriott properties primarily and rarely checkout at the desk. We just call the front desk and leave the keys in the room or use the app for check out and just leave—often not even through the lobby. Ugh.

‘Maybe the relationship wasn't what I thought,' she said.

She's also questioning Brian's trip back to Florida in August to help his father move their belongings out of a storage unit.

Brian left Gabby in the Fairfield Inn in Salt Lake City and flew back home to Florida from August 17 to the 23 to help his father empty out a storage unit where he and Gabby had their things.

According to Schmidt, Brian's father offered to let them keep their belongings at his house so they wouldn't have to pay for the storage unit.

He left Gabby at the hotel so she, understandably, wouldn't be alone in the van. Brian then flew back to Utah and they left the hotel together on August 24.

Schmidt now wonders why it was necessary to move Gabby's things during their road trip and what became of her stuff.

'Where are her things?' she asked.
Snipped
Last text message missing 'van-life woman' Gabby Petitio sent to her mother is revealed | Daily Mail Online

BBM
Thank you!!

https://mobile.twitter.com/kkuizon/status/1438207512684212229/

Utah investigators 'not ruling anything out' in double homicide near missing Gabby Petito incident - FOX News
<snipped & BBM>
Utah investigators have not ruled out a potential connection between two high-profile cases
in the scenic campgrounds around Moab – a grisly double-homicide that left newlyweds dead and an apparent lovers’ quarrel involving a woman who has since gone missing.

[...]

Schulte worked nearby at a co-op grocery store called Moonflower – the organic, herb-scented bodega where Gabby Petito, 22, and Brian Laundrie, 23, got into an emotional argument that prompted a police response on Aug. 12.

The proximity of time and location prompted speculation that the two separate incidents may share another connection.

[...]

Laundrie has been named a person of interest but not a suspect in connection with Petito’s disappearance, and authorities have not definitively linked the two cases.

Turner and Schulte were newlyweds on a camping trip when they were shot and killed. Schulte’s aunt Bridget Calvert said her niece and Turner had told friends at least twice about a man who was "creeping them out" around the campground, FOX 13 reported.

I personally think there's a chance they're related. BL has a lot of darkness in him, IMO. His IG post about the book Lullaby,
by Chuck Palahniuk, really hit me. It's essentially about a man who sets out on a road trip of sorts and becomes a serial killer. Far, far more to the story, but eerie is the word. MOO.

Login • Instagram

Last edited:
Does anyone else recall the article that mentions that Gabby did have long text exchanges with her mother around the 24th? It was referenced somewhere, I will try to find it.
I think she actually talked to her mom either the 24 or 25 and sounded like she texted on the 27th maybe back and forth and then final text the 30th. Her mom is not sure if the text on 27th and 30th were really GP. If it wasn't her then it appears someone was trying to deceive her mom as to her whereabouts.
Can you please link me that article? I went over all the various reports and they all said that

*Edited due to quote error
Florida woman disappears after road trip with boyfriend as mom reveals message to authorities

Nicole Schmidt, Petito's mother, told Fox News that the last conversation she had with her daughter was on Aug. 25.

"I don't know if she left Grand Teton or not," Schmidt told Fox News on Sunday. "I did receive a text from her on the 27th and the 30th, but I don't know if it was technically her or not, because it was just a text. I didn't verbally speak to her."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member