Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The way the cops wrote it up portrays her as irrational and more upset than the man in this situation, the POI who probably is responsible for her being missing. The cops wrote: "The male tried to create distance by telling Gabbie to go take a walk to calm down. she didn't want to be separated from the mate and began slapping him."

That's the hysterical woman part of the story and I doubt very much it actually happened that way. That sounds like the boyfriend's POV, to establish how "nuts" his girlfriend is. And police reports are not infallible.

Just IMO
That's a pretty biased and judgmental assumption of a neutral 3rd party report. The officer stated what he saw, he didn't just confirm some random version of events from Brian. While Brian has made himself public enemy #1 and is very unlikable right now, I think it's really unfair to say they're trying to make Gabby as hysterical or irrational when no one said, or implied, that in the report.

Moab has a population a little above 5000, for the record. That definitely makes it strange to have a double murder, AND a very perplexing mystery happen so close together.

not to mention one of the murder victims worked at the very place the altercation occurred between the two other unrelated individuals one of whom is now missing…

Why do we think it was via facetime? Was that mentioned somewhere?

Regardless, it wasn't her phone that was out of power (that we know of), it was local wifi/internet. If she needed that to facetime then I'm guessing they weren't facetiming. MOO

I’m pretty sure the father said FaceTime specifically.

Why do we think it was via facetime? Was that mentioned somewhere?

Regardless, it wasn't her phone that was out of power (that we know of), it was local wifi/internet. If she needed that to facetime then I'm guessing they weren't facetiming. MOO

Fair enough but if you can use data on phone to FaceTime you can certainly use data to order food as well, which was more my point

That's a pretty biased and judgmental assumption of a neutral 3rd party report. The officer stated what he saw, he didn't just confirm some random version of events from Brian. While Brian has made himself public enemy #1 and is very unlikable right now, I think it's really unfair to say they're trying to make Gabby as hysterical or irrational when no one said, or implied, that in the report.

agreed, the police are literally supposed to ‘take statements’ in these documents. Statements are by necessity slanted from the POV of the speaker. They have to accurately represent to the best of their ability what the speaker is saying, because in a scenario with two strangers, all one has to go on is he-said, she-said.

I have the feeling that when BL does speak he will say, IMO, either that she committed suicide or that they were physically struggling when she broke away from him then fell off a cliff or hit her head and died. Then he was so distraught that all he could think to do was go home to his parents.

my own opinion and speculation only.

it's not neutral the way they wrote the entire report.

So which is it? Did this convenience store cashier mix up the dates on when they saw Gabby and Brian or did Brian return on August 21st and not the 23rd? Did he even go at all? August 17th-23rd is an awful long time to split in the middle of a road trip. I mean who even leaves in the middle of road trip in the first place? Yes, I get that they had been gone for over a month at this point but I'm also not randomly leaving you, flying home and then coming back unless it's a serious emergency. I'm sticking it out for the long haul. This is getting crazier by the hour...

"At the Kicks 66 convenience store located down the street just a few hundred yards away from the Fairfield Inn, a cashier recognized the couple.

The cashier told the DailyMail.com, 'They came into together on the night of August 21. I remember them because he was telling her to 'hurry up.'

She didn't say anything back to him, at one point she left the store for a few minutes and came back in. They bought bottles of water, a few packages of instant noodles and donuts.'"

Last text message missing 'van-life woman' Gabby Petitio sent to her mother is revealed | Daily Mail Online

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if it was a different blonde girl with a different man. Stranger identifications are notoriously fallible.

agreed, the police are literally supposed to ‘take statements’ in these documents. Statements are by necessity slanted from the POV of the speaker. They have to accurately represent to the best of their ability what the speaker is saying, because in a scenario with two strangers, all one has to go on is he-said, she-said.

I think a lot of us here are surprised with the outcome of that interaction with police? By obtaining a hotel room for Brian, the officer was leaving her alone in a van at the entrance of the park? Did he ascertain that she had a campsite she was going to? Considering what he said about the state she was in, I'm surprised he took Brian away and left her there alone.

IIRC, in California anytime a DV call to police is made, they are required to detain someone for a "cool-off" period. Perhaps this would have saved Gabby.

I assume you're talking about the incident in Utah. The police did in fact separate the two and left GP with the van while they found BL a room for the night. They considered BL to be the victim. Plus, that was two weeks before GP last talked to her mom in, supposedly, Grand Teton.

source:
https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/09/15/gabby-petitos-boyfriend-named-a-person-of-interest.html

not to mention one of the murder victims worked at the very place the altercation occurred between the two other unrelated individuals one of whom is now missing…

At one point of the police report, I got the idea that there had been more witnesses to the altercation than Christopher. I wonder who the other two were...

Responding to an older post from thread #2, and still playing catch-up, so there could be news now that completely shatters any hypothetical here:

This post makes me wonder why BL did not take his own advice here. Seems to me that he would have left GP alone with HER van while he took a walk.

Instead, BL was sitting inside the van, trying to prevent her from entering the van -- locking her out per his statement to police. Really? This was the solution to calm any anxiety GP was experiencing? GP told LE she was afraid BL would leave her stranded.

No kind of walk would have ever relieved and/or eliminated that fear!!

This was pure control, dominance, and intimidation at work. MOO

Very valid points, and I am not at all trying to defend the hypothetical actions of BL here, but if she by chance was having a full-blown mental health episode (per the LE report, she was at minimum sobbing uncontrollably, unable to compose herself, and admitted to mental health issues prior), she was in no appropriate state to be in control of the car.

That is not to say she should be the one talking a walk, amidst a potential crisis no less, especially when the van is very much hers. Absolutely not right either. But it would seem to me in that scenario that BL could see her as less risk to herself and others not trying to operate a vehicle in an extremely agitated state. We know from the conclusion of the LE incident report that, in the end, Brian ended up in a hotel room and Gabby did retain her van. To me, I don't think dominance has something to do with it as much as a complex situation we can't fully grasp without video or more details.

I find it interesting that this LE incident happened on 8/12 and none of Gabby's Instagram posts thereafter were in her voice or style. Whether this is an attempt by BL to cover up a crime? Who knows. This has been speculated time and time again but there's no way to know. Very possible. I will say my loved one is an artistic type too who had a social media presence at the time of her battle, and I had to step in and revise several posts she made during a manic state that would have led to chaos in the form of an outpour of concern and a risk to future job prospects and friendships. Whether GP was making those posts in a different state of mind, whether she made posts that were later revised and “sanitzed” so to speak by BL, it could be any of those and more. Furthermore, in addition to the questionable voice in the captions, none of the photos on Gabby’s personal IG page after the LE incident look fresh or in any way remarkable. They look like rehashed, low effort photos that could have been taken any time (and in the case of the Halloween one, almost certainly was taken at a far earlier time.) They look like something you’d pick just to say you posted something and wanted to look active. The second to last photo that shows skin and looks like just them lazing out in the van, looks like a screw-around photo that was never originally intended to be posted but “made due.” I have seen these type of shortcuts taken by friends active on social media who felt the need to post to simply maintain their activity on the platform, protect what they were trying to build on it, and look happy, while privately battling heavy emotional situations that zapped their desire to create fresh or exciting material.

And on Brian’s page, unless I’m mistaken here, she never appears in a photo after that 8/12 incident date, and it’s questionable whether she even participated in taking all those photos that featured just Brian.

As for the video posted to YouTube on 8/19, that could all be older footage that was edited and simply released into the world on that date, right?

If all the contact GP was able to make with family was a phone call (or Facetime?) on 8/25, I don’t feel that is enough to properly gauge someones true emotional (or physical) state. Any flowery and overly excited language could be chalked up to a kid having the time of their life, and any downer tone could be chalked up to an exhausted and well-traveled person who needs their rest. Expectations of contacting family are already low in these circumstances, and it’s not hard to put on a facade for a few minute phone call. Throw in some convenient “power outages,” lack of service, etc, and these would no doubt be excuses I would fall back on if I was trying to avoid family contact in the case I was in any way dejected, exhausted, or otherwise in an altered mental state. Though, to be clear, I am not at all dismissing the legitimacy of those things. I just don’t think that all is revealing enough, for those reasons.

I really wonder more about the Uber eats delivery sequence - the chain of events, what a driver may have seen, etc. Not to say there is anything there, but it makes me scratch my head.

It's tough and frustrating because everything could go 900 different ways. Everybody has their own take influenced by their experiences, and this one is merely mine.

Ok - another thought. If he were able to fly back to FL to move her things, why drive the van back at all? Why not leave the van in Utah or wherever and just fly back to FL again? The driving back to FL is so bizarre to me. (Just my opinion and speculation)

It most certainly would change the course! I agree with NS, the text citing Yosemite was most likely not sent by her daughter, GP.

Also, I think it unrealistic to expect cell phone data location (cell tower pings, triangulation, etc.) available on this date because tower location data (pings, triangulation, etc.,) requires a search warrant pursuant to US Supreme Court 16-402 Carpenter v US (2018).

Pings/location data not to be confused with call/text history records which are readily accessible. MOO
I guess some of us are not the only ones wondering about the UT double homicide possible connection. In my mind. BL harmed GP. So really just wondering if BL is also the creeper. The overlap of time & place sure does raise one’s eyebrows.

LE has not ruled out a connection.
Utah investigators 'not ruling anything out' in double homicide near missing Gabby Petito incident
Especially when you find out that the fight between GP and BL was outside of the Moonflower Co-op where Kylen worked. Wonder who called the police, who BL thought called police? Getting kinda weird and scary...I pray for the family.

This reported behavior by GP is actually normal for a person who is being continually mistreated in a dysfunctional relationship. MOO
LE report says GP couldn't stop crying and not completing sentences all during his interview with her wipe her face and he thought she might be her mental issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluestlamb