Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is so much activity happening with this case across multiple jurisdictions. Still, the reality is unless those agencies find concrete proof a crime happened or find Gabby or BL decides to talk, I fear there is only so much time and energy, and money they will put into this.

After the second statement released today from BL's lawyer stating again that he isn't going to talk; I don't think he will volunteer any information. That leaves finding Gabby or some sort of evidence. Unless they can get information from the van or potential phone records and pings or another source, I wonder how long they will keep searching at this high energized level they are currently.

They have many little pieces, and I am sure they know more behind the scenes than we do, but something bigger has to break very soon.

To anyone that knows more than me (okay, that's everyone): what does it mean that the FBI is processing the van? Isn't this relatively straightforward and could be accomplished by the PD? Does the FBI processing tell us something?

Heh, I like the cut of your jib... I'm sure you underestimate yourself though.

IMO, I think the primary reason the FBI is doing the processing is because this is a multi-state investigation crossing state lines, which ports it into federal jurisdiction, IIRC.

And also because probably, all else being equal, most law enforcement entities would probably voluntarily prefer to take advantage of the FBI's superior budget, equipment, resources, etc. for forensic analysis, than they would engage in a p!ssing match on the topic. :)

It looks like that street is packed with news vans. I guess there’s a price to be paid for not telling a young woman’s family what happened to her.
Wonder what the stress level is in that house? Seriously that would have me climbing the walls, all those reporters outside.

Agree 100%. But at least police are trained and armed -- and have civil suit protection as well.
for the average citizen, one also has the risk that the battered partner will turn on the intervenor though some stockholm syndrome type response. I have a close friend who intervened in a situation where a man was striking his partner, and the intervenor was sued and the victim testified against the white knight.
People would be resolute about calling the authorities if they have reasonable suspicion of abuse, but sadly one has to make some tough decisions about doing anything more than that
Yeah when I was a victim of DV, I always blamed myself and played it down when the cops were called on us. It’s really common. Reading that statement it just screams “gaslit woman” to me. JMO

Serving a warrant.

True, but I would even lump these two classifications together, because it's fairly common knowledge that the primary reason traffic stops are dangerous is because that in the process of checking licenses and registrations, they often fetch up a prior warrant for one of the individuals that results in them panic-shooting some member of LE. ;)

Speaking of the van....didn't LE state they found something but are not saying what? I can't remember where I read or heard that....PC maybe?
Does anyone recall?

eta:
After processing the van Tuesday, North Port Police Communications Manager Josh Taylor said there were “some materials” of possible interest, but no other details about the contents were released.
Gabby Petito's fiancé now a person of interest in missing woman's case

But not talking beats a first or second degree murder conviction if one does start talking and admits it.

We have to parse the ought from the is. From a moral and ethical standpoint you and I may have, he ought to fully and honestly explain to the police everything that occurred. From the point of view as a possible defendant his interest is almost certainly not to talk to them whatsoever.
I agree. Legally, if he's involved the worse thing he can do is to talk to the cops, and sometimes it's best to not talk to them even if he's not involved because from the time they say hello, they are going to use whatever he says to build a case against him.
My point was, they'll be there every time he turns around in hopes he'll crack and start talking.

Brian Entin
@BrianEntin

·
1m
“What to expect tomorrow: we believe the body camera video from the Utah incident between Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie will be released. Also - at noon - the FBI, North Port Police, and a member of the Petito family will hold a press conference. I'll be there.”
https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1438335092842274818?s=20
I feel gross about this. I would hate to have this on display. Is it really helpful? She’s in distress and was possibly in a “manic” state (imo she was gaslit)…I wouldn’t want to be seen like that. She was crying the whole time. Poor kid

Speaking of the van....didn't LE state they found something but are not saying what? I can't remember where I read or heard that....PC maybe?
Does anyone recall?
It was during the afternoon press report.
There were mentions of a find with the van, a video/media, and other things that we won't know about.

I would bet that there is video out there, probably already some collected, that will provide good evidence or at least establish a timeline with more certainty. If he drove back to FL from Utah, there will be gas stops, photos at toll locations, transponder pings (if the van had E-Z Pass), toll pay-by-mail records of the license plate and its location. There will be security cameras at entrances to parks. I would bet that they are also combing for video around the time he arrived back in FL for evidence of cleaning the van -- self car washes, trips to WalMart to buy bleach, sponges, garbage bags and paper towels. They are probably also trying to locate video around the day he says they parted ways to see if she's with him in the van.

If they don't have probable cause to obtain a warrant to search his parents' house right this minute, I am willing to wager that they will soon.

I don't think this story will have a happy ending .

There is so much activity happening with this case across multiple jurisdictions. Still, the reality is unless those agencies find concrete proof a crime happened or find Gabby or BL decides to talk, I fear there is only so much time and energy, and money they will put into this.

After the second statement released today from BL's lawyer stating again that he isn't going to talk; I don't think he will volunteer any information. That leaves finding Gabby or some sort of evidence. Unless they can get information from the van or potential phone records and pings or another source, I wonder how long they will keep searching at this high energized level they are currently.

They have many little pieces, and I am sure they know more behind the scenes than we do, but something bigger has to break very soon.

I wonder about proof. Whatever happened probably happened in a National Park. Aren't they filled with cameras? I don't know, but I am hoping they are. Maybe some wildlife camera from DNR even caught something. Or someone flying a drone. I hope this case has adequate national exposure to find out if someone has some evidence they might not even be aware of.

Does anyone recall?

eta:
After processing the van Tuesday, North Port Police Communications Manager Josh Taylor said there were “some materials” of possible interest, but no other details about the contents were released.
Gabby Petito's fiancé now a person of interest in missing woman's case
North port PD said “a material” was being looked at from the van.

Wonder what the stress level is in that house? Seriously that would have me climbing the walls, all those reporters outside.
And I’m wondering if all those reporters are knocking on the neighbors doors asking about video from cameras pointed at the home of BL? Might we hear something about that ? This takes me back to the old pole camera Fox set up across from the Anthony house when Caylee was missing….

jmo

Well, it’s not quite like that. The two murders were definitely part of the same crime, and whatever happened to Gabby happened almost two weeks later. But it’s a strange coincidence that the domestic incident happened right where one of the murdered women worked.

Crystal Turner, 38, and Kylen Schulte, 24, were last seen on Aug. 13 at Woody’s Tavern on Main Street in Moab. They were found shot to death in the South Mesa area of the La Sal Loop Road five days later.

It is possible … that one of the dates are off by one day by mistake and the police incident and the couples disappearance happen on the same day. If so, maybe BL had a run in with the couple above etc. and GP witnessed the shooting. GP freaking out and hitting bf on arm when he didn’t stop for the police right away and her uncontrollable emotions. He had to get rid of the one and only witness two weeks later.

Makes total sense of the date is off by one day. What if a witness last seen the couple on the 12th and just thought it was the 13th.

While not untrue, I thought it was traffic stops that were the most dangerous for LE?

I mean, this was kind of both, IMO, because it clearly resulted in someone having to see the car's license and registration and some identification from both parties; just being pedantic, mostly...

The problem with traffic stops is that this is how a whole lot of violent criminals, "super predators" are caught and therefore dangerous to deal with. It isn't the broken tailight that is the reason for a bad arrest outcome (for cop or perp) but the five wants and warrants and prior illegal gun possession, that mean the perp has a very good reason (avoiding 20 years in prison for the priors he did not show up for, and his current illegal gun possession) to violently resist

It looks like that street is packed with news vans. I guess there’s a price to be paid for not telling a young woman’s family what happened to her.

He has his choices and the ability to exercise his rights. That does not stop the legal rights of others. I'm going to guess this will wear thin quickly

Last edited:
I finally went to watch the YouTube videos and there is only one. Did he I assume delete them all or was there always only one?
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I think the rest of the videos were made private?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie