Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I registered to make a few comments. This is moving SO fast, when I went to register, there were 6 pages. When I finished, there were 20, so my apologies if this has already been floated.

Regarding: BL’s trip back to FL to move items to-from a storage unit. I don’t buy it. I think he flew back because they were fighting/broke up. BUT - I think that possibly, he flew back to Utah because she begged him to come back so she didn’t have to make that drive back alone. This is plausible and I think his parents would fund it to be sure there was no liability on their part if something happened to her, driving alone. And I think his family ponied up her $$ for her hotel stay. Also, it will be revealing to know if it was booked as a round trip flight, or one way in each direction. Time will tell.

What did she tell her parents while alone in SLC for a week? Not much. I know from personal experience - I never told my parents much about my fights/breakups, because if I did, they held a grudge against my BF, and if things turned around, it was an impossible situation. She may not have even known he didn’t intend to return.

Someone mentioned that maybe she disappeared and his family summoned him home. Who would do that? If I were on vacation with my boyfriend and I left him alone briefly and he disappeared, driving back home would be my LAST resort. I would call the authorities. Even if they blew me off, at least there would be a record that i tried.
Obviously, this is all speculation. IMO
Good points, and Welcome!
I had thought about him traveling back because she was begging him to do so, but my thoughts were that while he was home, he was thinking about her social media followers hitting on her possibly, and in a jealous act wasn't about to allow that to happen. So he went back.
I may be wrong, but the fight over the phone was because he thought she was communicating with someone else, and wasn't going to have that.
All speculation.
I agree. Depending if it was a one way ticket or not will tell the story.

I wonder about proof. Whatever happened probably happened in a National Park. Aren't they filled with cameras? I don't know, but I am hoping they are. Maybe some wildlife camera from DNR even caught something. Or someone flying a drone. I hope this case has adequate national exposure to find out if someone has some evidence they might not even be aware of.

Maybe at the gate entrances, but otherwise Canyonlands, Arches and Tetons are in very wild, unpopulated areas.

SBM
Well, she did climb through the car window, so irrational seems like a fair assessment. Certainly that wasn't the action of someone making sane and sober decisions. IMO

IMO if I thought the person I was traveling with was going to abandon me in the wilderness with no transportation and communication, I think these actions are pretty rational.

My take on the dv report. I wouldn't be too nice to a guy who may have been trying to take my phone, my van, and leave me abandoned in a strange place far from home. No sir, I would not have put up with that. We don't know what the pre cursor to this incident was. She was clearly upset and could not quit crying. And she is the one missing here.

From the pics, it looks like the van probably was washed. My family did a cross country drive from one coast to the other in Sep/Oct through many of the areas they were and when we got home our van was covered in bugs, dirt, had what looked like tumbleweed lodged in it, etc. Also, this time of year in FL there are a lot of lovebugs and they will be all over the front of a car.

Florida. Interesting.
Yes!!
I thought so also.

I had thoughts of all the places out west and then travels back to FL and with all the caves, cliffs and woods that they visited, it would be a nightmare of searching.

But...Florida ???

Maybe somewhere familiar to him ??

closer to home where LE might not think to search as they would be searching out west ???

IDK and JMO

SBM
Well, she did climb through the car window, so irrational seems like a fair assessment. Certainly that wasn't the action of someone making sane and sober decisions. IMO

Is it really irrational though if the person ( who purports to love you) in the vehicle you owned locked you out and potentially (my theory) threatened to leave you there in a remote area thousands of miles from home?

What to expect tomorrow: we believe the body camera video from the Utah incident between Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie will be released. Also - at noon - the FBI, North Port Police, and a member of the Petito family will hold a press conference. I'll be there.

https://mobile.twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1438335092842274818

@MassGuy, You beat me too it. I will keep it here anyway

Offering to help someone that talks about their mental health problems, a young woman that appears to be in distress, is not the same as forcing (danger to herself/others) her to be evaluated.

The office did help both of them. He arranged for them to have separate places to spend the night. There was no emergency or any serious injuries so no reason to call EMTs. I thought he handled it well and there was nothing else he could do, anyway.

SBM
I don't know about that. There could have been a threat that her only transportation was about to leave. Meaning him driving off. I would jump into a van that "I OWNED" to make sure I had transportation to get home. IMO

At the PC, they did say they found 'evidence of interest' In the van, but would not disclose what that was.

Any particulate evidence won't be available for a while, I suspect.
They might not have actually found anything in the van though. Could’ve just been said as an attempt to hurry Brian into speaking to them. Time will tell either way of course.

He drove the car back to the address that car is registered to! Right? He didn’t hide it!
His drivers license would have that same address !
It’s obvious to me she was not around to leave the van with her so he decided to drive it home!
Now did something happen to her because of him
Or something else?
We have to wait and see!

From my understanding(and please if anyone knows anything to the contrary feel free to speak up. Every state is different). From my understanding unless the vehicle is actually reported to LE as stolen…anyone with a valid driver’s license could drive the vehicle without any further questioning needed.

The art on his Instagram? It's mostly cartoony stuff and comic art and I think he copied 90% from somewhere else. It didn't seem disturbing to me at all. I will also volunteer that I'm an artist and when I was GP's age I did a painting of my boyfriend in a graveyard like he was terrified, and believe me, I was totally harmless. I also used to draw "disturbing" things, it's very common with artists. Means nothing if the person is a real artist. If these things are drawn by a person who is *not* an artist, I would worry. . ... IMO

A lot of the art is art from Chuck Palahniuk's novels.
Most of which center around murders and serial killers.
You're correct that it's not his art (and some is cartoon copies, it looks like he may make stamps). However, his apparent obsession with Chuck Palahniuk is a little over the top IMO.

There’s always the possibility it was death by accident they had a physical altercation he went too far for instance strangling and put her in the van bed trying to save her she died and he freaked out had a psychotic break, called his parents and drove home with her in the van and disposed of her closer to home. If that’s the case there should be some evidence such as hair, blood if she was decomposed you can tell by a hair follicles with Mitochondria DNA.

There also was a photo of him kissing her with his hands around her neck like Chris Watts photo with Shannan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog