Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #31

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote: In surreal scenes, undercover agents - believed to be the FBI - followed the Laundries inside and hovered in the aisles as they kept their eyes on them.

Wow!
After their attorney meeting, i bet they needed to talk privately. If they think the car and their house is bugged, it would explain a bizarre library pitstop.

Whoah BBM

The 23-year-old asked Jalovec to drop him off at the gate of the remote campground, which has a single dirt road that extends miles to various camping sites in the area; at 6:30 p.m. MST in August, there would have still been some daylight to see into the camping area. Jalovec responded saying she could drive him inside, which is when he tried to "get out of the moving car," she said.

Brian Laundrie manhunt: Woman in Wyoming says she picked him up hitchhiking
NOW she comes forward???or did she report to LE and is just now talking?

Soooo they drove 150 miles and randomly wandered a public library without looking at anything? Perhaps planning to meet someone and the FBI foiled the plan?
In FL when it's so hot a lot of homeless go into the libraries for the air conditioning. I wonder if that was a planned way for the parents to communicate with BL. He could go in disguised and leave notes in a certain predetermined section and they could drop money? This is very doable IMO.

The lawyer's advice not to talk to the cops is excellent legal advice IF AND ONLY IF Brian told them that Gabby was dead. There could be no legal jeopardy arising from talking to the cops if no crime had been committed.
What if a crime has been committed and BL didn't tell his parents she was dead or about any other criminal activity?

If you choose to not enter a PIN it will require a signature

No. All I do is push my credit card into the chip reader. That's it. I don't need a pin or anything else. When I buy things online, it does ask for the three-digit code on the back, but in person, no sir. Just like I said. I use it every single day like this , so I very well know how I use it. Stick it in, pull it out, get a receipt. That's it.

It didn't sound like they even picked up a book. Maybe they did use a computer. Do you know if you need to have a library card or an account to use the library computers?
pretty sure if they used a computor it would have said, it says they did nothing for 30 minutes then left, they were aware they were being followed, im sure their Lawyer clued them in on that.

Brian Laundrie manhunt: Woman in Wyoming says she picked him up hitchhiking | Fox News

EXCLUSIVE: A second woman has come forward to say she gave a hitchhiking Brian Laundrie a ride in Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming on Aug. 29, two days after Gabby Petito was last seen.

The first woman, Miranda Baker, said in videos posted to TikTok on Sept. 17 that she and her boyfriend picked up Laundrie, 23, at 5:30 p.m. MST on Aug. 29 after spotting him hitchhiking on the side of the road. She said she spoke with police about the encounter.

Norma Jean Jalovec, a seasonal Wyoming resident from Florida, told Fox News Digital on Friday that after seeing Baker's TikTok video, she realized she had also picked up Laundrie on Aug. 29 and dropped him off around 6:30 or 6:40 MST at the Spread Creek dispersed camping area, where Petito's remains were discovered weeks later.
Jalovec described having the same small talk with Laundrie that Baker reported in her TikTok. He told her that he spent time hiking near Snake River and that he had a fiancé. He told her he had seen elk and moose but no bison, and when she asked him if he needed any gas money, he said no

On the ride to Spread Creek, Jalovec said she took a sharp right turn, causing a Bible on her dashboard to fall onto Laundrie's lap. He picked up the book and put it back on the dashboard.
The 23-year-old asked Jalovec to drop him off at the gate of the remote campground, which has a single dirt road that extends miles to various camping sites in the area; at 6:30 p.m. MST in August, there would have still been some daylight to see into the camping area. Jalovec responded saying she could drive him inside, which is when he tried to "get out of the moving car," she said…..READ FOR MORE INFO

It didn't sound like they even picked up a book. Maybe they did use a computer. Do you know if you need to have a library card or an account to use the library computers?

To piggy back on another poster's theory that they went into the library to wait before their appointment with their lawyer, it's possible the law firm needed to clear the office of employees or whoever else first, so when they got close to the office, they called the lawyer to let them know they were in the area and needed to wait until the coast was clear.

EXCLUSIVE: A second woman has come forward to say she gave a hitchhiking Brian Laundrie a ride in Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming on Aug. 29, two days after Gabby Petito was last seen.

Norma Jean Jalovec, a seasonal Wyoming resident from Florida, told Fox News Digital on Friday that after seeing Baker's TikTok video, she realized she had also picked up Laundrie on Aug. 29 and dropped him off around 6:30 or 6:40 MST at the Spread Creek dispersed camping area, where Petito's remains were discovered weeks later.

Jalovec said she spontaneously decided to visit a Catholic church called Chapel of the Sacred Heart in Grand Teton National Park that Sunday for its 5 p.m. MST service. The church is about 1.2 miles from Jackson Lake Dam, where Baker said she dropped Laundrie off after he "freaked out" and asked to get out of the couple's Jeep.

Jalovec said she picked him up around 6:15 or 6:20 past the dam on a stretch of road toward Spread Creek. He was walking backward and holding out his thumb, like so many do in that area of the National Park, she told Fox News.

"I picked him up…" Jelovec said. "… Something just said, 'Hey, ask him where he’s going.'"

Laundrie, who sat in the passenger seat of Jalovec's 4Runner, asked if she was going to Jackson. When she told him no because she lives in the opposite direction, he asked her if she'd drop him off at the Spread Creek dispersed camping area, which she agreed to, Jalovec said.

Spread Creek is about a 20-minute drive from the dam.

"Everything's legitimate. Everything's corroborated. I already talked to the FBI," Jalovec said, adding that she didn't realize she had given a ride to Laundrie until after she saw Baker's TikTok video and emphasized the important role social media has played in helping to solve this case.

Jalovec described having the same small talk with Laundrie that Baker reported in her TikTok. He told her that he spent time hiking near Snake River and that he had a fiancé. He told her he had seen elk and moose but no bison, and when she asked him if he needed any gas money, he said no.

On the ride to Spread Creek, Jalovec said she took a sharp right turn, causing a Bible on her dashboard to fall onto Laundrie's lap. He picked up the book and put it back on the dashboard.

The 23-year-old asked Jalovec to drop him off at the gate of the remote campground, which has a single dirt road that extends miles to various camping sites in the area; at 6:30 p.m. MST in August, there would have still been some daylight to see into the camping area. Jalovec responded saying she could drive him inside, which is when he tried to "get out of the moving car," she said.

Jalovec said she joked with Laundrie about wanting to impress his fiancé by hiking into the campground rather than hitching a ride, but he only responded by insisting that he be let out of the vehicle.
WHOA!!!!!!

Every Florida library I've been in requires a library card. If you don't live in the county that the library is in, they don't issue you a card. You have to show your drivers license to get a card. The county that address is in, is where your card can be used and computer time can be scheduled (usually in 30 min to 1 hour increments). A few times when I've moved, I showed my house closing papers or rental agreement if my drivers license had not been updated yet.

Now for the college libraries, you have to be a staff member or student. You can walk in and visit but you cannot use a computer or check out any materials.

Do you know your parents' passwords, or they yours (without having to find/look it up somewhere)? I have not a single clue.

No I don't, what makes you think his parents have their phones locked?

Only more recently have I added a pin and fingerprint lock on my phone (bc my debit/cc are linked).
I didn't have a pin lock on my phone for many years, it's an inconvenience typing it in.

ETA My children are teens and do know my pin actually, the numerous selfies they take with my camera are silly.

Last edited:

Jalovec said she joked with Laundrie about wanting to impress his fiancé by hiking into the campground rather than hitching a ride, but he only responded by insisting that he be let out of the vehicle.

So, while Brian was out there solo hiking and socializing, the boogieman was murdering Gabby. I assume that's the story that he will try to peddle. Probably will try to suggest it's the same guy that murdered the married couple. Hmm. imo.

I had to skip a couple of threads so I'm not sure if this was mentioned, but Gabby's channel made it to 100k subscribers today! This means that it should be eligible for the silver play button coveted by many youtubers! Red White and Bethune has said they will make it a mission to get this award to her parents. I know their goal is 1 million for the gold but the silver is great!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsgnE460ebvgB1I30gwuLkw

Whoah BBM

So does this mean he did not want her to drive farther into the campground in case she might see what happened, b/c it was still daylight?

Whoah BBM

Not unexpected information, We suspected someone had picked him up after the dam, but the part about not wanting her to drive him in is pretty big.

Credit cards don't use PINS generally speaking.

And many places don't require a pin for a debit purchase either.

A debit card can be used as a credit card. When you insert the card the reader asks if you want debit or credit.

Debit is used with a PIN when you want to get cash out of an ATM or get cash back when making a debit purchase.

If you use it as credit, you don't need the pin and you usually need to sign (but not always). It depends on the merchant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734