Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How many of us keep our personal matters to ourselves would it be likely we would know the true nature of the relationship or even their friends. The best glimpses are the body cam because that's uninhibited by the picture they're trying to show

I’m not quite sure what you’re trying to say, but the body cam footage was a very clear indication of exactly what it was - a volatile relationship in which GP was being emotionally and physically abused by a controlling and disdainful BL, and she displayed clear signs of codependency and victimhood.

LEO are trained professionals - they are trained to understand all kinds of behaviors. If they saw an hysterical girlfriend (and/or had that reinforced by the dude), then either their training for domestic issue dynamics is lacking, or they are not taking it seriously, and/or they are clouded by their own personal perspectives and biases.

Ok, someone way back brought up a theory about BLs parents dropping him at a residential psych facility. I'm actually coming around to that being a plausible scenario because HIPPA and confidentiality, mentions of his "episodes," and the defense aspect. (NOT saying this is my working theory, but I now see it as a plausible scenario, depending on the answer to this question).
Can anyone actually confirm what responsibility a residential treatment centre would have in this situation? I know the basics of psych ethics and confidentiality as well as HIPPA, but at what point would they need to report his presence in care, if at all? I need to go do my psych homework instead of googling this forever. TIA!

Is there a scenario where BL's parents were hood-winked by him? If you think so, what is your theory?

I'm not sure except maybe he said it was an accident but in a way nobody would believe him. However if one of my sons turned up with his fiancé's car but without her, using her money to get home, idk I'd start adding things up I think. I definitely wouldn't be like, "Ok son let's go camping though!"

I think this is where I am at with him. Why did he return home? I suppose it's possible he made some crazy story to his parents about how it was an accident that caused her death but no one would believe him so he panicked, drove home, told parents and they decided to help him find a place to hide? I mean they had to know he can't stay on the run and that their silence would just make it look worse.

I keep coming back here to see if LE have finally found him Dead or alive.

I think Brian is the type of person that if LE could just question him for 2 minutes he would spill his guts.

I think this is where I am at with him. Why did he return home? I suppose it's possible he made some crazy story to his parents about how it was an accident that caused her death but no one would believe him so he panicked, drove home, told parents and they decided to help him find a place to hide? I mean they had to know he can't stay on the run and that their silence would just make it look worse.

I think Brian and his parents are experiencing the results of a series of bad choices in a panicked situation that kept moving forward like a train wreck in slow motion.

Ok, someone way back brought up a theory about BLs parents dropping him at a residential psych facility. I'm actually coming around to that being a plausible scenario because HIPPA and confidentiality, mentions of his "episodes," and the defense aspect. (NOT saying this is my working theory, but I now see it as a plausible scenario, depending on the answer to this question).
Can anyone actually confirm what responsibility a residential treatment centre would have in this situation? I know the basics of psych ethics and confidentiality as well as HIPPA, but at what point would they need to report his presence in care, if at all? I need to go do my psych homework instead of googling this forever. TIA!
*HIPAA

HIPA laws would not apply in this case!

Is there a scenario where BL's parents were hood-winked by him? If you think so, what is your theory?

IMO probably not completely hoodwinked. Just accident while defending himself.

IMO the lawyer told them to discuss nothing, or state that they discussed nothing. They would have a hard time charging for aiding and abetting if they did not know he was a criminal.

I've really been trying to think about this. I'm definitely of the mind that they know everything. But I do see people saying maybe he tricked them. So I wonder what he could have possibly told them.

The only thing I could think of that would be semi-believable is that he broke up with Gabby and he was trying to take revenge on him by making everyone in her life think she's missing, when really she wasn't. And to ignore all desperate pleas from her family because they're in on it too.

But that would require a huge leap of logic and for his parents to willingly believe something that goes against Gabby's nature/personality (that we know of).

If anyone has something more logical, I'll like to hear it!

Interesting info from a former coworker of Brian:

In conversation about hiking … Brian talked about the longest time that he spent in the woods was 6 weeks and bragged about only having a large pack of either cheese or peanut butter crackers to sustain him for that time,” the source told The Post in a text.

He is well versed in spending a long time in the woods and living off nearly nothing,” they said.

A friend of Ms Petito’s also warned that Mr Laundrie had well-honed solo survival skills, in a separate Daily Mail report:

“I know he lived in the Appalachians for what I believe was three months, and he did it by himself, so I know he’s skilled at it,” she said. “He and Gabby both told me stories about it,” Ms Davis added. “And you could see the enthusiasm in his voice when he would talk about his adventures by himself like that trip into the Appalachians.”

Brian Laundrie ‘skilled’ in wilderness survival, say sources

LOL
I tried replying to a post 2 thread ago
SHEESH --you all are moving so darn fast here !!!

anyway--

For debit you don't even have to sign. Even if I use the credit option on my debit card, I don't have to sign (at least most of the time, IIRC).
Correct--for Debit you need a PIN #
No signature

So,, he either knew her Pin # to use as debit
OR
He signed her name
OR
He signed HIS name without being an authorized signer on the card/account.
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member