Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #32

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not confident a seemingly normal family would be able to pull that off without leaving evidence of their actions. The FBI are confident in their assertions he went to the reserve. It is very hard to orchestrate an escape without leaving breadcrumbs like google searches, withdrawals of cash, purchasing of supplies, evading traffic cams, evading store cams, purchasing everything with cash. It just seems like we are giving these parents are bit more credit than I think they deserve. They are not masterminds. This is evident in him driving home to Florida and not straight to Mexico before any one was even suspicious. And them hiring a real estate attorney.

I kinda agree. This are not criminal experts. Just selfish people. BL is not so bright which would be fine but also he is really crap leaving his friend the way he did. That’s the issue, not his brain power. He just panicked and ran with no regard for anyone but self. His parents called an attorney they knew from NY and though he is primarily real estate in practice now, he also practices criminal law. Attorney has been spot on with his advice, MOO. When this goes to trial, it will be difficult case because so little said and so much unknown.

MOO, I think parents are genuinely worried BL will kill self. Only reason they filed and opened up house to LE. I think they told the truth. I disagree with that former FBI agent that Entit had on mic who does believe that Laundries set him up on that earlier trip with their shell camper. I think the Laundries are doing every bit they can to help selves and BL legally and are tightly in contact with a lawyer To get instruction. Don’t seem like people who will carefully consult with attorney and then blow off advice snd do something totally illegal.

After working her tail off for 6 hours in that cafe, can you imagine her "loving fiance" coming in the cafe in a snit fit because he hadn't been able to go hiking, it is "his turn". So here she is trying to upload and he denies that. Slaps her around, hits her in the street because she is insisting that she needs to finish the upload. Tries to steal her phone and her van, tells her she'll never be a youtuber. This is what happened IMO.

I rewatched the cop cam, right near the beginning he says "I gave her time......." then trails off as he knows he's revealing too much. Remember this is before it dawns on him that the cops are going to ignore his speeding and racing away from them. And charge HER with violence towards HIM. Musta seemed like winning the lottery, getting away with all that.

Thanks so much for explaining the skill and hard work going into a 12 minute vid for yt. imagine if you did all that and some jerk won't let you upload.

I didn’t hear that part of the video but I’ll watch back and keep and ear out!

The upload time alone on public/slow WiFi could’ve been 30 mins, 60 mins, more. That’s just to get the video on YouTube as a draft. Mine could take hours on slow Internet days.

I’m definitely of the opinion that he would’ve been impatient with her. Even my fully supportive boyfriend got annoyed with it all.

Is it possible that the Laundrie's have an underground hidey-hole BL could be in? I know it sounds completely insane but it's happened before with a case in the UK.
I would assume the FBI tore that house apart looking for false walls, and false floor paneling though. Did they bring a K9 unit into their house?

Sex offender used hole in sister's bathroom floor to hide from police
Hartlepool family hid under the floor from police - hideaway was found under bathroom floor

I assume, they have gone overheard with thermal cameras to check, it also wouldn't surprise me if the place was tapped during the search. Im not from US, so not sure if this is legally possible. But they did this in the UK with parents whose kids died in a fire.

On August the 29th Brian demanded the car Miranda Baker was in, stop after apparently freaking out when she mentioned Jackson Hole. He'd wanted to go to Jackson. People say it's the same, but actually the area is Jackson Hole and the town is Jackson.

https://www.flatcreekinn.com/jackson-vs-jackson-hole-whats-the-difference/

Brian then got a lift from Norma Jean Jalovec a few minutes later, again asking if he could go to Jackson. She was going the other direction, so dropped him off at Spread Creek.

Brian Laundrie manhunt: Woman in Wyoming says she picked him up hitchhiking

So between around 5.30 and 6.15 pm, he was trying to get to Jackson, which I will define as being the town centre area, as per the above description.

Why did Brian want to hitch somewhere essentially in the evening? It wouldn't have been easy presumably to hitch hike back to Spread Creek at night and it wasn't far off nightfall at 6.15 pm.

Did he intend to stay in Jackson that night? There's some reasonably cheap hotels and a hostel. A hostel with shared dormitories, more witnesses, CCTV and a hostel/hotel he could book into using his name.

When he couldn't get to Jackson he went to Spread Creek where the van and his bed apparently was.

His plan I suspect was to stay a night or so in Jackson, be seen and then head back to the van where to his surprise Gabby would be missing. In my view Gabby was killed on the 27th after Brian lost it at the restaurant. Her apology to the staff was very possibly her death sentence.

I don't know what would have happened next, but it's quite possible in my view that he would have possibly phoned the police to report Gabby missing and then heroically found her. He could have said they argued again and he left to stay in a hotel, EXACTLY what the police had arranged for him to do at the police stop. He thought he was doing the right thing in staying apart from her, because that's what the police said.

He stayed in a hostel/hotel as he was worried he was dirty from hiking and camping out and being dirty was what had set off Gabby's 'OCD' before. He was only following the police advice etc.

https://news.sky.com/story/gabby-petito-police-release-bodycam-footage-of-missing-florida-woman-as-search-continues-1240974

I think he relied on her body decomposing more than it had. He realised it was still possible to see wounds etc on Gabby's body, so decided to go home instead. Maybe he intended to do the Gabby was missing story and was talked out of it, maybe he knew he needed her body out in the elements and tempting to predators as long as possible. So he didn't help the police, because it could have incrimated him if it was proven he was the last person to see her alive.

MOO

Attachments

• 9D66986A-DB6C-43B7-AD06-36623C45CCF3.jpeg
    9D66986A-DB6C-43B7-AD06-36623C45CCF3.jpeg
    199.2 KB · Views: 44
Regarding BL's flight to Florida alone (from Aug 17th to the 23rd) a week before the incident: Do we know that BL flew into and out of Salt Lake City (SLC)? It makes sense that he flew back to SLC because that's where GP was in a hotel (at least from the 21st-24th, but likely earlier). But do we know he flew out of SLC on the 17th?

Pure speculation, but maybe a "hey look over here" way of getting attention away from the house? But I agree with everyone, it's weird to make them drive all that way and back unless there was something very specific they needed to be there in person for. Maybe BL himself has been secreted away in the lawyer's office? Again, just speculation.

Is it possible that the Laundrie's have an underground hidey-hole BL could be in? I know it sounds completely insane but it's happened before with a case in the UK.
I would assume the FBI tore that house apart looking for false walls, and false floor paneling though. Did they bring a K9 unit into their house?

Sex offender used hole in sister's bathroom floor to hide from police
Hartlepool family hid under the floor from police - hideaway was found under bathroom floor

Good morning all!

I'm so glad they finally found charges on him for stealing and using her card for his trip back home.

If the FBI has an arrest warrant for him, this tells me they also have video of him as he went across the country making purchases.

I have traveled from New Jersey to Missouri many times over the years which is 1,000 miles. Same with New Jersey to Florida.

I can drive straight through in about 12-15 hours. Also filling up on gas using 3 1/2 tanks to do that. Add in food stops, some rest stops.

BL had double that in traveling time, stops, re-fueling. He left quite a long trail of using her debit card. This completely narrows down when he killed (imo) Gabby and left WY. Knowing all this I'm wondering why there wasn't an additonal charge on theft of Gabby's vehicle too? After her death he became an unauthorized user of her vehicle.

Honestly, I think BL had a good plan. He just didn’t take into account that the police would have a million online sleuths helping them out. No one could expect that.
Regardless of what happened or how it happened, it would be safe for him to think if he left GP out in the open in a field or forest with wild animals, that she would be eaten or decompose from the elements. In the meantime he would be seen hitch hiking, biking with mommy, camping with the fam. All he had to do was say I dunno where she is. I got nothin to say. By the time anyone figured out that she was missing, where to look, arrange for search parties, there wouldn’t be much of her left to find or incriminate him. In the meantime her credit or bank cards were being used elsewhere. Who knows where she might be. It was a darn good plan!!!
Except… all you websleuthers couldn’t mind your own business and had to get involved. You found her, hopefully all of her, and the whole plan unraveled. Way to go!!! Pat yourselves on the back. You’re all responsible for ruining his plan and hopefully catching him soon.
THIS!!!!!!!

This day and age with phones being able to take very good picture, i get a bit suspicious with grainy phone pics of sightings. I get the trail cam pic was blurry. But an iphone, its almost like they go out of their way to take a grainy photo
I tend to agree, but I have an iPhone and if I'm using the zoom feature to take a picture from a large distance, it's gonna be blurry. The iPhone cameras are good, but there's only so much you can do with the zoon feature.

Assuming that BL lied to his parents and claimed to have done nothing wrong. If BL's parents believed that he did nothing wrong, why would they be afraid that he would hurt himself?
I think they knew what happened to GP before BL got out of Wyoming.

Pure speculation, but maybe a "hey look over here" way of getting attention away from the house? But I agree with everyone, it's weird to make them drive all that way and back unless there was something very specific they needed to be there in person for. Maybe BL himself has been secreted away in the lawyer's office? Again, just speculation.

In he "secreted away in a lawyers office" scenario, I would believe that up until the point where an arrest warrant was issued. I imagine the lawyers would protect him so long as there's no formal charges. The second an arrest warrant was issued, I believe the lawyers' mindset has to shift from protecting client to following the letter of the law. Not sure if client/attorney privilege allows an attorney to shield client from arrest.

Anthony Rickman (Defense Attorney) was on Live Fox Now discussing indictment and “suspect” vs POI. He’s got some great insight into the IMO… a good watch. Video isn’t uploaded yet on Fox. Will upload once it’s available.

(respectfully clipped by me)

I think it's way too early to make bold statements like this. The FBI is heavily tracking them and I think it's highly unlikely that they haven't done something / will do something that will warrant charges. If they don't get charged with anything, I would suspect it's because they strike a deal, not because it serves no real purpose.

I know, but in WY is a misdemeanor even if the initial crime is a felony and you are related. In FL, close family is exempt, and most of the time prosecutors only use it as a tool to get someone to testify. They wont waste the resources.

SEP 24, 2021
Gabby Petito’s Boyfriend Brian Laundrie Left Behind Wallet And Cellphone Before He Disappeared – CBS Miami (cbslocal.com)
[...]

Local and federal officials continue to search for any signs of Laundrie in the Carlton Reserve, a roughly 25,000-acre nature preserve near his parents’ home in North Port. The search had paused Thursday overnight due to darkness, the North Port Police Department said.

Law enforcement began their search of the area after Laundrie’s family said to police last Friday that he had not been seen for days, telling his family he was headed to the reserve before not being heard from again. A source said Laundrie left behind his wallet and cellphone.

Laundrie’s parents are concerned that he might hurt himself, the source said.

North Port Police public information officer Josh Taylor declined to comment to CNN on the report, saying, “I cannot give any statement to a timeline at this time. That investigation is being conducted by the FBI.”

[...]
So hopefully LE have gotten some useful information from this phone he left behind.

[
I wondered why they met in Orlando, too. They could have met in Tampa which is very close.
It just doesn't make any sense. I would understand travelling a short distance to be away from prying eyes, but Orlando was a long way away. Was it because Brian is in that area and he could then make the meeting? Was it because the Laundries have property somewhere in that area that Brian is hiding in and they hoped to be able to bring him supplies? I mean at that rate, the attorney could have been left things to give to Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BanPokies1