Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a good point. If I had been there, even being aware of the situation and on the lookout for something like that, I would be quite likely to miss it because my eyesight, even zoomed in, is not great, and my memory for faces is terrible. I would probably recognize the van (see username :D ) but that's about it.
Hard to say if any of it would be relevant or useful anyway. A picture of either of them standing in a parking lot doesn't tell much

Yes, we certainly can't rule that out. I don't know if he's follicly challenged now or just chooses to shave his head, but with dye and/or wigs, and glasses, he could radically alter his appearance.

His height may go against him because I know here in the UK, 5ft 8 is considered very small for a man. Not sure how that height compares to average heights in the US?

MOO

5'8" is about 2 inches below average here, or about 1/2 standard deviation if you like statistics. Not enough to stand out.

Regarding the timeline of events. On Aug 21, Gabby tells her dad that "They lost power at the hotel" If that was how she worded it, wonder if that could be a tell as to BL's location

Random thought that is probably totally off base--

Did they maintain the separation after they left Moab? Maybe they decided they had to get this worked out, and they decided she'd stay in the hotel and work on the social media while he'd park the van somewhere he could hike? She definitely wouldn't want to tell her family about that.

There's no way his parents or BL is so delusional they think Gabby's parents wouldn't ever miss her are they? I mean her friend Rose her friends and family all noticed her missing.
Maybe the family just didn't / doesn't care about Gabby. It's a strange world full of strange people. MOO

Many do not have cable, watch news, not on twitter. My 30 year old married daughter, 2 kids, somehow had not heard of this case as of yesterday.

I'm 30 and have no cable, I have to go out of my way to get the news. I only first heard of Gabby when I saw her thread on websleuths. My mid-30s fiancé only knows of the case because I keep telling him updates whether he wants to hear about it or not. :p

I have posted once so far but have been trying to keep up with the threads. I just wanted to share some thoughts; I know that there are lots of opinions on how Moab LE handled things with GP and BL, so I wanted to share that I work as a mental health clinician with the police department and they handled it the way most police would have. Now, this is not me saying I agree or that it was handled correctly, this is me simply stating that there is a lack of training when it comes to DV and mental health because police are trained or emergencies and how to act quickly, more often than not they stay out of social service calls which is why the program I am involved in was created and hopefully will be picked up around the country. It is especially difficult for them when both parties are unwilling to pursue charges and agree to separate, they don't necessarily want to make an arrest for DV unless it is something extreme and will instead provide resources for assistance.

Has anyone read any of those books he enjoyed? Did any of the main characters do this? If so, how did it end?

5'8" is about 2 inches below average here, or about 1/2 standard deviation if you like statistics. Not enough to stand out.

average male height in the UK is 5 foot 9

and i suspect in the USA it would be taller as the USA as a much taller average

This is what I'm having trouble with: Why did he sit around for 10 days? He could have flown anywhere in the world that didn't have extradition laws.

He probably did not. I’m sure his parents staged the car at the wildlife refuge. MOO. He’s been gone much longer than LE realizes.

There's no way his parents or BL is so delusional they think Gabby's parents wouldn't ever miss her are they? I mean her friend Rose her friends and family all noticed her missing.
Agree, my point was BL in denial, needed his parents, not independent enough to make other choices, skating along as long as possible til it all hit the fan so to speak or they planned an escape for him a few days after going home, why he went home and did not immediately go on the run.

I have also seen the theory of BL having NPD float around quite a bit and it is possible and in my opinion would explain some of his behaviors. In one post someone asked why he would leave GL at the campsite if he had NPD and were controlling and the answer is simple, because he could. Someone who has NPD will use the fears of their victims (him leaving her alone) in order to teach a lesson, more often than not the victim will beg for forgiveness and ask the abuser to return, therefore giving them the control they crave. Now it is true that we have no idea how abusive this relationship was or who caused it and when, but what I will say is that someone with NPD despises a victim that will fight back and it seems as though if this was what was going on then GL fought back, she had a voice but she still loved BL enough to overlook control and gaslighting and confuse it for love, again only my opinion from being in the mental health field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CameraSnap