Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
First, I think that the nature/environment thing was a matter of convenience or longed for image. That's my opinion. As for Mustang ownership stereo-type... I have four mustangs - '69, '77, '09, and '16. None were mid-life crisis generated. Some people just like the car... and, for me, they keep me off blood pressure meds. LOL
oh of course, i think his nature thing was a sham, but i do understand the 'collector or the 'enthusiast that's normal. and often i watch velocity TV (not by choice)' so i get that type of individual. But, i think you know the type i mean...the guy with the vett and the license plate RUNVS? it took me miles to figure that one out. And if BL got that car in HS and he's 23, even through it was a few years old, that's a pretty sweet ride for a kid--the car does not match his persona.

Burn out/turn over rate for dispatchers is so high. We have a training program where I work - almost none of them last more than a month or two. Many dramatic stories involving how these caring people, who wanted to help, are immediately overwhelmed with the gravity if their job. Listening to people get shot, beaten, killed. Listening to people kill themselves - being the last person that person talked to. All the kids screaming in the background during DV calls. A lot of them do get really depressed or disassociated, which the public reads as "heinously indifferent," when in fact, their own emotional responses are shutting down so far that they end up in mental health treatment themselves.

This was part of a study of why they quit so frequently - I suggested moving them out of the basement of the jail and into a place with windows. The tech person on our team suggested hands free head phones (this was a while ago) and everyone agreed that having one extra person (who was not actively taking a call) was in general important, because they could sense when a really bad call went down and relieve that person. Of course, we organized mental health options for them - free psychological care, but most just quit.

Many people quit their jobs after lots of training - most of them are in their late 20's or early 30's when they start it.

I'm not sure why the Josh Powell call is relevant here, except to find an example of poor 911 handling - when there are so many examples of them doing a good job that are never on social media.

Most people who volunteer just to go a ride-along on a weekend night in a regular squad car quickly realize how difficult all these jobs are.

Just wanted to say this is 100% true. As an ex call-handler myself (until 1 call triggered PTSD & I had to quit) the entire post resonates with me. I have been irritated in the past by comments (not on WS) saying a call-handler/dispatcher sounds “dispassionate/uncaring/shouldn’t be in the job” and it’s not always true. The things we have to hear, and deal with, can break the toughest of people and we put up a wall to protect ourselves - until it gets smashed down :(

Maybe cost concerns, I would guess if you are making your lawyer travel you are paying for time and expenses, so flying NY to Orlando is probably cheaper and less time for the lawyer than flying into a small regional airport from NY.
As many times as if flown there-Allegiant is hands down cheaper. Even if it wasn’t-why meet on Orange St and not somewhere away from the public eye?

Well, you may notice that there are still active threads for Caylee Anthony and Laci Peterson, so I’m going with forever, TBH.
I meant specifically the calls and reports about the Moab incident, not the entire story :)

Surely there is a lot that we don't know. They have to have some type of confirmation that he is in the reserve. I can't imagine all the money/time spent searching. Wish we knew what it is.
I’ve been wondering about this. They do have trail cams in the reserve. Maybe he’s been spotted.

Wildlife of the Carlton

I agree. Let the officers in question take extra training. BUT, keep in mind they separated them for a cooling off period. GP chose to go back to him, as often happens.

Amateur opinion and speculation
The poor officers are probably distraught at what they could have done differently. They do need more training, but they don't seem to have had all the information they should have, either. IMO this will trouble them for the rest of their lives.

After reading the transcript, and watching the video, I thought they handled the whole interaction thoughtfully and caringly. The couple clearly loved eachother, she had zero physical signs of abuse, and neither of them acted violently or out of control in their presence. Brian even offered to go to jail instead of her. It's easy to blame everybody under the sun in hindsight, but all these officers had was a very brief snapshot to go on. I think we need to put the pitchforks down concerning these police officers.
I very respectfully disagree. One hour and a few minutes is a long interaction But i think no one feels worse (besides the families) than these officers. Judgement calls, man in the fire, I'm sure they have a lot of stuff floating around in their minds right now, especially with the political climate for LE right now in this country.

Thank you for everyone answering my questions cause these threads are moving at lightening speed!
I assume thermal imaging has been used with no luck to locate BL in the reserve? Leads me to believe he's not alive if he's there.

Last edited:
Forgive me if this has been discussed. I really try to catch up. But I did notice that the warrant & indictment have 2 different charges on them. I attached them to this post with the charges highlighted on each one. I’m sure it was just a clerical error. Does anyone know if they’ve updated it & put out a new one? If not, I’m not an attorney, but is this something BL’a lawyer can use against them that will hold up?

The second thing listed is the cite for the statute that lists the penalty for violating the statute under which he was charged.

ETA: Oh I see what you may mean, the first says (a)(2) and the second says (a)(1). (a)(2) includes (a)(1) so I don't think it matters in terms of what was listed on the cover sheet.

Forgive me if this has been discussed. I really try to catch up. But I did notice that the warrant & indictment have 2 different charges on them. I attached them to this post with the charges highlighted on each one. I’m sure it was just a clerical error. Does anyone know if they’ve updated it & put out a new one? If not, I’m not an attorney, but is this something BL’a lawyer can use against them that will hold up?

I think (a)(1) which is listed on the arrest warrant is kind of the "catch all" for that series of offenses. They are spelled out more specifically on the indictment. Maybe a lawyer can chime in?

Gabby Petito: Brian Laundrie search in Carlton Reserve in sixth day: LIVE UPDATES

422497b67693d071c8cf8f0d017ce514.jpg

Fox News is reporting that a woman has posted photos of Gabby on the Laundrie family's front lawn with a sign that says "I was here".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missylaforme