Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me or am I missing the point of continuing to search this swamp? If it's 75% just watery swamp, it's not conducive to BL hiding out in this type of condition.

He would be on dry land (imo) he's not a fish or water animal. Unless they are looking for a body possibly?

I don't get it either, but I think it might have to do with that redacted police report about an incident near there on September 18th. Wasn't that near there? That lends credence to him being in that area.

Gabby Petito case: North Port redacts records on Petito, Laundrie family

There was some kind of incident involving the parents September 18th, and the police arrived at that location about 11:22pm that Saturday night. So they were doing something down there about a week after gabby was reported missing. Unfortunately, we don't know what because it's all redacted.

wow, this just triggered an association I had not made before. During this police stop, BL’s instinct was to run. To flee the cops - GB was trying to force him to pull over. His instinct is to flee. Just like he has done now. No big deal, but just a lightbulb moment for me.

I don't think he was fleeing the stop in Moab, certainly not at 45 mph on a straight, flat road. I believe he was yelling at Gabby not to say anything bad about him because if he goes to jail their trip will be over and she'll be stuck there. MOO

Regardless of what happens with the search outcome, I don't think highly of BL's survivalist skills...he's no Eric Rudolph. He seems mentally weak - not dumb, but codependent - where he couldn't handle being all alone while having to evade LE. He had substantial time to get away to a foreign country before GP was discovered but instead he ran home to momma. I think he'll be found one way or the other, perhaps he'll be found dead, just this guy isn't going to survive for years in the wild in such a way that wouldn't draw attention to himself, like if his momma has to bring him P&Js. Living 'off-the-grid' covers an extremely wide range of activities and a van-lifer frequently dining at restaurants is no Grizzly Adams, which he doesn't come across as a tough outdoors person but instead being far more domesticated.

Is it just me or am I missing the point of continuing to search this swamp? If it's 75% just watery swamp, it's not conducive to BL hiding out in this type of condition.

He would be on dry land (imo) he's not a fish or water animal. Unless they are looking for a body possibly?

Aren’t there easier ways to off yourself than to jump in a swamp?

Has anyone checked out BL's IG account, his Nomadic Statik thing, and noticed anything unusual? I happened to see it today (I'm not usually able to access IG from my computer), and noticed, that, though he has several topics listed with thumbnail photos, none of the photos include Gabby, the person he's been saying he's engaged to (even after they called off the engagement).

The "Van Life" photo is only him and her white van. Other topics, like "Travel", "Art", etc., also don't have Gabby in them. She's nowhere to be seen, unless there's a photo of her buried within those topic pages (I didn't go that far.). It looks like the site of a single, adventurous guy.

I think that says a lot. At the very least, it could indicate, that he wasn't committed to Gabby. IDK. More speculation, but the fact that she's not on there does stand out to me. Def. not the site of someone in love and engaged to be married, and who's been partnered with supposedly the love of his life for over 2 years.

If this has already been discussed, I must have missed it.

On the video of the search by LE of the Laundrie home on Monday, I saw where they found what appeared to be an empty handgun case in the Mustang. Has that gun been accounted for that we might know of?

I watched a video from one of the Florida news reporters where she took a couple of people, I believe one was a professor, into a swamp to discuss the conditions with them. They were just standing in waist-deep water and the professor was even kneeling down so the water was shoulder-height. They all said you could live comfortably for WEEKS like that!!

I think they are out of their minds, I wouldn't last 15 minutes. It looks absolutely disgusting to me but they were all happy as clams standing there. I wish I saved the video, maybe someone here has it.

Aside from Brian's capture, the most important update of the day would be the coroner's report of Gabby's manner of death.
The expansive vista of possibilities is narrowing each day as evidence piles up. Patience is the key. If you think these threads are wild, imagine what the army of Federal and State agencies are up to.

He was evading the law? I missed that part. Do you have a link?

In what way did the police use a "subsequent report to blame DV on her?" I thought they used her own words.
From the cop cam, look on the references thread for his evading the law. It was the main reason he recklessly hit the curb at high speed, because she was trying to get him to pull over because of the cop car, with lights on, behind them. He was going roughly 3X the limit yet the cops did not charge him for speeding and evading (felony in Utah).

Yes, they used a "subsequent" report from "Christopher" to place blame for the DV on her. Even though the first report was a 911 call from a passerby who described BL slapping and hitting her. Check the thread for resources.

I agree. Let the officers in question take extra training. BUT, keep in mind they separated them for a cooling off period. GP chose to go back to him, as often happens.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I think that DV training should happen regularly for officers. In this case I feel that the officers took the right actions based on the evidence they had. JMO.

Brian Entin said that he hasn't tweeted out live updates on two occasions just in case Brian Laundrie is out there watching his coverage. Clearly there's more happening at the reserve than we are allowed to know

I don't think he was fleeing the stop in Moab, certainly not at 45 mph on a straight, flat road. I believe he was yelling at Gabby not to say anything bad about him because if he goes to jail their trip will be over and she'll be stuck there. MOO

Wasn't it a 15mph speed limit though?

I thought it was.

If so, that's 3x over the limit.

LE confirms that they are searching based on data. That they have received intelligence through search warrants and other data that directed them here and now they are doing their due diligence searching.

I agree. And, they have nothing to show (yet) that he is not there. I hope they find something definitive soon. All these officers in hot swampy dangerous conditions for days upon days... I applaud the work.

North Port Police Commander Joe Fussell said they are doing their due diligence by searching the reserve. "Intelligence" has lead them to search the area. So definitely not the parents.
https://twitter.com/danichurtado_/status/1441464571215155205?s=21
My theory is that he has a burner phone in the reserve and they are getting pings that are moving around, indicating that it's in the possession of someone who's alive. And if there is a phone in the reserve, even if not registered to him by name, they are presuming it's him because it is closed and no one is supposed to be there. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member