Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #33

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Use find my iphone and you can see how perfectly accurate they can ping a phone to :) We use it when our kids misplace the phone within our house!! :)
Isn't that different than trying to find a phone via a tower ping? I am not an expert but aren't you able to find their iphone because they are on your network and they have an app for finding it?

Poor guy, it sound's like he is lost in the past. People Gabby's age barely know who the Beatle's are, and likely have never heard of Woodstock. Her murder must be so traumatizing for him. I pray the Lord will grant him peace.
She even had a "Let it Be" tattoo. I have two teenage daughters and I cannot even begin to imagine his pain.

Prayers to both families. This situation has to be a nightmare for all involved, even BL. We don't know what happened. We know they were very attached. They apparently loved each other. We don't know what happened between them....a heated argument in a restaurant or a fight driving down the road does not assure me that he killed her. Also, maybe it was an accident? Personally, we don't have enough facts yet. Certainly enough to have suspicions. I wish healing energy for all in both families.

????? They either did not read or totally ignored the report that he was chasing her and slapping her! I'm somewhat forgiving of their ignorance in the moment, because they obviously think the girls are just dramatic crybabies...but I expect that they will pay better attention to reports in the future of this type, and recognize that abused women are AFRAID of their abusers...so, read between the lines, a bit. There WAS EVIDENCE, if they had been paying attention. jmo
The report didn't say he was chasing her. IMO I think she was chasing him to get the van keys off him because he wouldn't let her drive off without him.

I read a few articles that Gabby's parent didn't contact BL parents until the 10th. Its been made out that BL's parents ignored her parents for at least a week or more before her being reported missing. Does anyone have any confirmation of when her parents started asking questions of BL's parents and sister?

????? They either did not read or totally ignored the report that he was chasing her and slapping her! I'm somewhat forgiving of their ignorance in the moment, because they obviously think the girls are just dramatic crybabies...but I expect that they will pay better attention to reports in the future of this type, and recognize that abused women are AFRAID of their abusers...so, read between the lines, a bit. There WAS EVIDENCE, if they had been paying attention. jmo
They didn't talk to the 911 caller and GP didn't corroborate his claims. Where he went I have no idea. I think LE did an good job in the handling of this case. JMO.

I think it's more of an investigation into how the call proceeded. There was some misunderstandings because the agency that responded to the call were not aware of the details surrounding the initial 911 call. Because they didn't have that information, they had to go off the statements of an eyewitness and mistakenly concluded that Gabby was the aggressor. Had they known the details of the 911 call (that Brian had been witnessed slapping and hitting Gabby repeatedly) the situation may have been handled differently. I don't see this as a blame game, but more of a making sure this kind of incident is less likely to happen again.

It says at the beginning of the Printed police report that a male was the aggressor. Just like the 911 caller states. 911 must give police exact understanding of the situation so officers know what situation they are walking into. This must be done for the safety of the officers.

Prayers to both families. This situation has to be a nightmare for all involved, even BL. We don't know what happened. We know they were very attached. They apparently loved each other. We don't know what happened between them....a heated argument in a restaurant or a fight driving down the road does not assure me that he killed her. Also, maybe it was an accident? Personally, we don't have enough facts yet. Certainly enough to have suspicions. I wish healing energy for all in both families.

If it was an accident, can you explain how it happened 600 feet from their van and someone buried her? If it was an accident, would any normal person in the US simply bury their fiancée near a creek in the Bridger-Teton NF and then drive that person's van back home?

I think we'll find that there are no explanations for her cause of death other than homicide - which the coroner has already said. I understand that you're disagreeing with the coroner, just trying to understand why.

When we know cause of death, we'll know more - and I do believe they have ample forensic evidence, but are waiting for all pathology and toxicology reports to come back, as is SOP.

I read a few articles that Gabby's parent didn't contact BL parents until the 10th. Its been made out that BL's parents ignored her parents for at least a week or more before her being reported missing. Does anyone have any confirmation of when her parents started asking questions of BL's parents and sister?
The 10th is correct, I was under the same impression it was earlier.

Use find my iphone and you can see how perfectly accurate they can ping a phone to :) We use it when our kids misplace the phone within our house!! :)

That's using the phone's GPS to report its position.

You can triangulate a cellphone position from relative cellphone tower signal strength but it's not as accurate as that.

I have my adult children on find my phone sharing their locations with me. (Safety purposes). Spot on. But does a burner work like that?

I do realize this is slightly off topic re: Gabby, but I saw this article today and it's heartbreaking how many missing person cases (1) don't get the level of attention they ALL deserve, and (2) go unsolved into perpetuity. Sad. We need to do better for all.

Nearly 700 Indigenous women have gone missing where Gabby Petito was found | cbs8.com

The disparity is certainly glaring. I do not think that Gabby should get less exposure, I think other should get more. It's a big conversation that needs to be had in society. Thanks for the link!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member